1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

The Rockets traded James Harden for nothing.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thekad, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

I agree that it is unknown. Could end up being a paltry return, could become a serious haul.

What I take issue with is people pretending that those picks don't exist, saying we got nothing etc.

It's just dumb, it has no factual basis and the whining from the instant-gratification babies is nauseating.

2. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

You're right

3. thekad

thekad Member

Right, it’s definitely NOT moronic to wait seven years to evaluate a trade made in 2020. How desperate are you people to give this clown show organization a pass on their stupidity?

Those picks have a present value (barely any) that can be put up against Harden’s present value (a ton). It’s a terrible trade made by a terrible organization, one in a long line of awful moves past, present and future.

Anyone who defends it should be roundly ignored just like the mouth-breathers who cheered the Westbrook trade right up until the very end.

Wulaw Horn, kumizi, slothy420 and 3 others like this.
  4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

tilbitch basically salary dumped wilt frickin harden and there's no way around that fact

ElDobleK likes this.
  5. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

I said it before KPJ might be the best player we get out of this whole trade.

It’s the 2024-2027 Brooklyn picks and swaps that are the prize here. Eventually when this ride is over they will suck again. As of right now I’d bet anything the Nets are winning it all this year.

Houstunna likes this.
  6. BreakYoSelfFool

FIFY

ElDobleK likes this.
  7. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Ya no! Levert would destin this team for mediocrity. We're tanking! That's all there is to it. We decided we were tanking as soon as Harden left. Get ready for straight losses. Only person i feel bad for now is Silas and the Fans. Stone and both Fertitta's can eat a bag of Diyacks!

HP3 likes this.
  8. larry cook

larry cook Member

Man Indian fleeced us then passed the baton to Miami. Just taking in Simmons alone would have netted us more first round picks if we flipped him.

Wulaw Horn and HP3 like this.
  9. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

you think someone is trading more picks for simmons then the nets traded for harden????? LOLOLOLOLOL

also simmons could have destroyed us this season and cost us a top 4 picks

tycoonchip likes this.
  10. ThrillaNManilla

ThrillaNManilla Contributing Member

I know there was WAY more to trading Harden than what you posted; however, let's say there wasn't. We traded a top 5 player for a 52% chance of a top 4 pick? yikes.

slothy420 likes this.
  11. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Pretty indefensible to blow the trade. And it’s pretty clear now that we blew this trade. Even if Brooklyn completely tanks in the precise years we own their picks, this is still a freaking horrible trade. This organization basically just makes bad trades now.

BossHogg713 likes this.
  12. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Only makes it better if Nets seriously implode and injuries happen, then you are gifted top picks for years.

13. ThrillaNManilla

ThrillaNManilla Contributing Member

I agree, but than what really was the main part of the Harden return? A chance that 5 years from now a BKN pick might be in the lottery?

14. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

still bad trade. Even with dumb luck.

BossHogg713 likes this.
  15. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Agree, I am just trying to make it sound better. lol

Time for a drink. This team is super clueless with every move, all we are hanging on is KPJ, Wood becoming stars and praying we have a top pick.

Aruba77 and HP3 like this.
  16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It is moronic, however, to not consider how much things can change in 2-3-4-5 years. Unprotected 1sts from ANY team in 24, 25, 26 & 27 carry tremendous value.

Look at New Orleans right now after trading Anthony Davis. What is their record again?

#56 RudyTBag, Mar 25, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
    don grahamleone and Zen Tabak like this.
  17. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Also, we personally know how a team can come one game from a finals appearance to tanking in just two years. To assume the Nets will just be good till 2024-25 is insanity. It's the NBA, a player can want out and the experiment is over. Irving/Harden/Durant are getting older and will want to cash out their last contract.

RudyTBag likes this.
  18. ksny15

ksny15 Member

The picks are there but let’s not pretend they won’t be ****. Brooklyn will always be in the playoffs and making a deep run at that.

19. thekad

thekad Member

...No, they don’t.

What’s wrong with you people and why are you never sitting across from me at a poker table?

“I know I have this un-suited 2 and 3, but just imagine what I could have if these next five cards go my way.”

slothy420 likes this.
  20. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

how do you know that?

don grahamleone likes this.