1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Oladipo to Miami

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Mar 25, 2021.

1. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

You must not remember that they have Sabonis and Brogdan. When LeVert comes back 100% I'm sure he will move up the pecking order.

Again, there's a reason why Indiana was all so willingly ready to acquire LeVert (longer contract and all) in exchange for Oladipo.

Rockets FTW likes this.
  2. vince

vince Member

I LIKE your optimism

don grahamleone likes this.
  3. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

Saves about $2 million this year.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Wow - am dissappointed.

DD

sirjesse likes this.
  5. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

I mean, if Dipo or Butler go down, they don't have the depth with Oly/Bradley. It's not like Bradley was really playing but Oly had a role. Never know.

vince likes this.
  6. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

Stone's early magic is starting to fizzle.

7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I guess this should prevent Toronto from heavily tanking this season. We should be able to stay behind them in the standings now. Thank goodness.

ChillyPete32 and Rockets FTW like this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

Miami started terrible and has been digging out of a hole from early in the season.... I think that they will likely be in the 22-23 range next year with Brooklyn a few spots ahead of them because Brooklyn has age and injury issues.

Maybe Bam gets hurt or Butler gets hurt.... anything is possible but I don't really think we move up much at all.

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  9. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Is two #1 picks better than a late first from the Bucks?

Nook likes this.
  10. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

This is where the anger at Tillman and Stone should really be placed. The Rockets didn’t have to settle for a 2022 unprotected pick from a strong contending team for Jarrett Allen right away. They could have let his market develop over the season and probably gotten a better pick or two first-round picks. You either get the offer you want, or you keep him as an RFA in the summer and trade him later like you did with Capela.

11. Wooderson

Wooderson Member

I hope that he bounces back and does well. I would like to see Miami be a real problem for Brooklyn this year.

12. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

I submit it is an accurate way to look at our team as about two to three years behind OKC. It physically pains me to consider it this way.

13. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

Good point. So stopping Lowry trade to Miami maybe does the same or better for us as far as swapping this year with Miami's pick vs. trading them Dipo AND this trade helps us jockey for draft position with Toronto AND we might move up ~10 spots next year. I can sort of buy it. Still a bad trade but that makes a bit more sense if that's the rationale.

ElPigto likes this.
  14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Does that mean any pick the Rockets theirs or another teams have in the 1st round could go to Miami if it is worse than theirs, or only the Rockets actual own pick?

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

16. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Not to belabor this point, but if you don’t trade Allen when they don’t, you don’t land KPJ later.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Nook likes this.
  18. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Why do you think that?

19. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Or even more, the move earlier in the preseason of Dinwiddie, LaVert, Allen, Prince and all the swaps was there. We could have all these picks plus those four players. Now we have all these picks plus Mil pick, olynk and Bradley who cannot even get on the court this year.

DVauthrin and snowconeman22 like this.
  20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Im confused what does this mean? The only thing i know is the rockets get the Heat pick if they drop out of the top 4 this year. How does that relate to what you said though?

thanxxx