1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Oladipo to Miami

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Mar 25, 2021.

1. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Why not just let dipo expire if this is what you’re getting back? Don’t get me wrong I’m glad he isn’t on the team anymore but you can’t fold and just take junk parts back. This also proves that wall is a negative asset incase anyone was confused on that front.

saleem likes this.
  2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Bradley has a team option for 1 more year after this season ends. Kelly O is a UFA.

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

"A young player and a pick" LMAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

It won't happen.

But that's not what makes the Rockets laughing stock or not. We have our own pick 2022 and 2023. We are likely going to be the worst team in the league. We are hoping to draft at least a foundational piece with these two lotto picks.

This whole season hinges on a coin flip. If we get in the top 4, the season is basically a "success". If not.. well..

6. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

https://stathead.com/tiny/HRJsh

Is he in this same position on the Pacers RN? Weird, Oladipo's numbers are on the decline but his true shooting % is better than LeVert's while taking less shots.

I think you should create the pole :D

7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I know, but essentially Bradley is an expiring contract. I doubt the Rockets will keep him around.

saleem likes this.
  8. saleem

Just like Morey.

9. Nook

Nook Member

I think the Rockets could have gotten two #1 picks for Jarrett Allen.......

He is 22 years old, he is averaging 14/10 with nearly two blocks a game and is playing defense at a high level.

He also only costs 4 million dollars in payroll for this season and teams would have his rights next year to go over the cap.

Look what the Bulls gave up for Vucevic .....

10. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

They dont have to swap.

Edit: Nevermind, I re-read it.

11. CXbby

CXbby Member

Its easy to look in hindsight at the Harden trade and oladipo trade and say it looks like they were made by a general counsel acting as gm with no actual gm experience but if you actually did deeper you know what I got nothing im done with this sht team fu Tilman fu stone fu clutch I never liked any of you on here im fk outta here b****es

amaru likes this.
  12. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

We already may be swapping with Miami this year, so we just gave them another piece to make their draft pick this year worth less. Then, the trade is for the right to swap next year in 2022.

13. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

What is the cost to move up 2-3 spots on draft night and what is the cost to move up 10 spots on draft night? What would we be saving?

Nook likes this.
  14. vince

vince Member

Well, I'm just expressing a reality that is here for Rocket fans. For better or for worse, the Rockets MAY go back to the bottom of the standing for the next dare I say decade without "LUCK"; I doubt the Rockets will be able to pay a premium to feasibly stay competitive in the NBA landscape.

This trade will likely be the first of the foreseeable future, about how cheated the fans feel when they are mites compared to the NBA heavy weight franchises.

But you are right it was a cash savings, in a dire straight era for the business that Tilman is heavily invested in. And realistically 2 million dollar is nothing to scoff about, it's another debt payment. Best of luck to Tilman, because they will need a lot of luck for the Rockets if they are to succeed with so many limitations ahead of them.

Let's hope for a top 4 pick this upcoming draft, which will be a step in the right direction. keep them fingers crossed Rocket Nation!!!!

15. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

If the Nets Big 3 doesn’t stay healthy or the team load manages the hell out of them, that could be the case, but it’s far more likely that the Nets finish with a top-3 record next season, and the Heat are somewhere around pick 20-25.

don grahamleone likes this.
  16. Nook

Nook Member

We will see....

I don't think that next year the Nets finish top 5 either, because of injuries and resting older players.... I think the Heat will be a top 10 team record wise next season but time will tell.

17. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Classy.

don grahamleone likes this.
  18. saleem

I hope he will continue to struggle mightily with them too.

DVauthrin likes this.
  19. Vivi

Vivi Member

This lol, and "jokes" aside, that's all really matters to me, if we get a top pick in this upcoming draft, shrugh at not getting a 20th pick or Achiuwa for Dipo, i'm actually glad we didn't get Duncan Robinson, was worried to have another Ryan Anderson kind of brick on the cap in a couple of months.

Mr. Space City likes this.
  20. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

This trade sucks for the most part, but the handwringing over not having a player that is injury prone and inefficient who will be coming back from cancer instead is just crazy.

I think we should have held on to see if we could leverage more in S&T. Miami's cap room this summer isn't as obvious as many make it out. So either Dipo's market would have to be well below max now (possible, but don't underestimate a completely barren market and some teams with cap room) or he'd have to sign for well below what he could otherwise get (also possible but doesn't happen that often).

Swap rights for Miami's pick with BKN isn't great but it is something.

The hard part to wrap my head around is improving Miami to potentially get a worse pick this year. But if this trade is basically what stopped Miami for trading for Lowry maybe that aspect comes out as a push or even better for us.

#340 ChillyPete32, Mar 25, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
    snowconeman22 likes this.