1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Oladipo to Miami

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Mar 25, 2021.

1. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Silver lining. My judgment is clouded right now.

sirjesse and Reeko like this.
  2. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

What would the difference have been with a sign and trade? The money would have been a bit more so they include a few more dead cap players? That is about it.

This trade is basically what the Rockets would have gotten in sign and trade.

don grahamleone likes this.
  3. ThrillaNManilla

ThrillaNManilla Contributing Member

For those of you blaming Stone, I think you should redirect that blame towards TF. He consistently shown that he wants to save money since he became the owner of the Rockets. From trading picks and assets for Tax savings, to not utilizing the TPEs or MLEs on actual NBA players. From the very beginning of the Harden trade it became obvious that TF wanted to reduce financial obligation and the team's salary. Opting for a recovering Oladipo over LaVert and trading JA for an underwhelming pick. This trade reeks of trying to save face. "Hey, look we got assets back for an expiring player that doesn't want to be here.

#283 ThrillaNManilla, Mar 25, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
  4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Jesus. That is worse than any sandwich I can imagine

Reeko likes this.
  5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I'm confused as to why you're using LeVert's entire career stats, rookie year included, and comparing it to an abbreviated timeline that eliminates everything Oladipo did prior to his breakout year in Indiana. If you want to compare careers vs careers both players, at the very least, are comparable:

https://stathead.com/basketball/pcm...m=1&player_id1=oladivi01&player_id2=leverca01

The big difference here is that LeVert was never put in a position to take almost 20 shots a night. The offense the Nets ran when Atkinson was there predicated on ball movement and finding the open man. Another big difference between these two is that Dipo's shooting numbers have been on the decline since his injury while Caris' has been consistent.

Last big bullet point is that Caris is signed to a deal that's easier to trade in that 1. it's for lesser dollars this year and 2. it has more years on top of it. We just saw how hard it is to trade a player on an expiring contract hellbent to join one singular team.

We can even create a poll and ask the collective here who is the better player when all factors are included--age, injury history, contract, production, etc--and I will be shocked if the answer is Victor.

Deckard, Nook, joshuaao and 2 others like this.
  6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Better hope for Miami to suck next year so we move up a couple more spots from the Brooklyn pick. But yes it's essentially nothing but upping our odds a tiny bit of picking up a decent player

Nook and saleem like this.
  7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Honestly, I never thought we had a chance with anyone of their young players. Not even Nunn.

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

At least then it wouldnt make Miami better. Miamis pick will be our pick if we miss out on the top 4. Miami before this trade was 100% reliant on JB if he got injured again Miami can miss the playin.

Keeping Dipo is 1/10, this deal if the Rox fail to get top 4 pick is -1/10

mikenm268 likes this.
  9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. CXbby

CXbby Member

Mia is currently the 17th pick and just got worse by getting dipo!

11. Nook

Nook Member

Not really, Allen was worth more than the Bucks 2023 first round pick. The Rockets certainly could have gotten more had they held onto Allen and moved him during the season.

12. Convictedstupid

We literally got more for PJ Tucker than we did for Oladipo.

BHannes2BHonest and Dopamine like this.
  13. apollo33

apollo33 Member

The bright side is that Miami always seem to be a really inconsistent regular season team, especially with Butler's injury issues. They are currently projected to pick No. 16. but that might go up because they got Dipo (or go down because Dipo is bad)

RudyTBag likes this.
  14. ThrillaNManilla

ThrillaNManilla Contributing Member

I would not be surprised if we had the option of getting Nunn, but opted not to because we did not want to resign him next year. That could have created a situation where the Rockets (TF) would get bad press, but seriously it cannot be worse than the situation right now. Good lord.

Der Rabbi and saleem like this.
  15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

So what did you want? The mighty Allen, Lavert and Wood Rockets to get bounced in the first round for the next two years?

Is that the championship core you so desperately wish we had?

don grahamleone and Nook like this.
  16. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

We are out of silver linings. Down to copper from a crack house or something of the sort.

17. Convictedstupid

We just strengthened Miami, who's pick could turn into our pick if it falls out of the top 4. If for no other reason, would it have not been worth it for that? They had just lost 4 straight.

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

jch1911 and Dubious like this.
  19. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

I guess the "I literally don't care what we get in return" folks got what they wanted.

20. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Do Bradley and Olynyk expire this year? God I hope so.