1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

RIP Jessica Walter AKA Lucille Bluth & Mallory Archer

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Mar 25, 2021.

1. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Jessica Walter, the award-winning actress whose career spanned five decades, passed away in her sleep at home in New York City on Wednesday, March 24. She was 80.

Walter’s career included everything from a standout turn in Clint Eastwood’s directorial debut, Play Misty for Me, to The Flamingo Kid and her Emmy-nominated turns on Trapper John M..D. and Streets of San Francisco. For her performance as Lucille Bluth in Arrested Development, Walter earned yet another Emmy nomination (Outstanding Supporting Actress) and two SAG nominations.

Walter won an Emmy starring in Amy Prentiss, an Ironside spinoff in the mid-1970s about a young San Francisco police detective. She also voiced Malory Archer on FXX’s animated series Archer.

Walter began her career in her hometown of New York City where she appeared in numerous Broadway productions including Advise and Consent, Neil Simon’s Rumors, A Severed Head, Nightlife and Photo Finish, for which she earned the Clarence Derwent Award for Most Promising Newcomer. Also on stage, Walter worked at New York’s Playwright’s Horizons and the Los Angeles Theater Center, where she starred in Tartuffe opposite the late Ron Leibman, her Emmy- and Tony-winning husband. She also starred in the Broadway revival of Anything Goes, which picked up several Tony Awards.

Walter is survived by daughter Brooke Bowman, who is SVP Drama Programming at Fox Entertainment, and grandson Micah Heymann.

Bowman said in a statement: “It is with a heavy heart that I confirm the passing of my beloved mom Jessica. A working actor for over six decades, her greatest pleasure was bringing joy to others through her storytelling both on screen and off. While her legacy will live on through her body of work, she will also be remembered by many for her wit, class and overall joie de vivre.”

In lieu of flowers, the family asks that donations be made to Guiding Eyes for the Blind.

https://deadline.com/2021/03/jessic...w44X4L-xdr2MBeAe6hoaJead_Raa3j82eDo4IipTBWNEU

Yung-T, jiggyfly, B-Bob and 2 others like this.
  2. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I wonder if she will go the way of Woodhouse with Archer having a complete meltdown.

3. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Wow...she was in "Play Misty for Me"? She did a very good job as a psycho hose beast in that one.

Wasn't she in the "Halloween" film(s)? I think she played the nurse who assisted Dr. Loomis. I believe she was killed in a later film when Mikey Meyers came around looking for Laurie's whereabouts at her home in "Halloween: H20" I think. That Mikey Meyers sure was smart to figure out to go to her home to find paperwork on where Laurie ran off to.

If it is not her, then I'm confusing her with another actress.

Edit: Yes...it was another actress named Nancy Stephens. They look similar.

Sad. RIP

#3 Surfguy, Mar 25, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
  4. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

5. Buck Turgidson

“Once again you’re left with the Irishman’s Dilemma: do I eat the potato now, or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?”

RIP Mallory

6. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I'm a huge Archer fan so this hurts.

GRENDEL and jiggyfly like this.
  7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just saw that. Loved her as Mallory Archer and sad to see her go.

8. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

So sad. Also loved her as Mallory Archer.

9. adoo

adoo Member

[​IMG]

RIP​

10. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Contributing Member

This one is a bummer. She was so great in those roles in Arrested Development and Archer.

Yung-T and TWS1986 like this.
  11. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Feel the same way. RIP.

12. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Walter Will Appear In “Archer” S12

[​IMG]

The news of Jessica Walter’s passing earlier today has left many sad, but fans will get a chance to watch her one last time later this year.

It has been confirmed by Deadline that Walter had recently wrapped up her voice work for the entire forthcoming twelfth season of FXX’s animated spy comedy “Archer” in which she voices the abrasive and alcoholic intelligence agency head Malory Archer, mother of self-aggrandising spy Sterling Archer (H. Jon Benjamin).

The new run is still in production, but the cast records their work first before the episodes get animated. According to the trade’s source, Walter worked on Archer until the end and a friend says: “She loved that show so much and was grateful for it every day.”

Series creator Adam Reed has issued a statement about Walter’s passing, saying: “Jessica was a consummate professional, an actor’s actor, and the exact opposite of Malory Archer – warm, caring, and kind, with an absolutely cracking sense of humor – and it was both a privilege and a true honor to work with her over these many years. She will be greatly missed, but never forgotten.”

https://www.darkhorizons.com/walter-will-appear-in-archer-s12/

13. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Kinda cool. I love Archer.

14. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

That’s wonderful. It gives them an opportunity to write her off in a way appropriate to the character.