1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tony buzbee filing lawsuit against Deshaun Watson? Hints at mistreating women

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Mar 16, 2021.

1. danielsh126

danielsh126 Member

2. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Thank you for wishing me "good luck" in my quest. I always thought we had a connection and we were friends. So thank you for expressing the fact by wishing me "good luck" in bettering myself. You added an exclamation point too so it seems you're really pulling for me. Thank you very much! Friend

3. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

You guys in here having this digital pissing contest (you know who you are) have almost succeeded in completely derailing the thread.

If you guys don't mind, could you just send each other some PM's so that we can all get back to speculating how much Deshaun's life is ruined please.

Thanks.

-Everyone else in the thread

4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Imagine risking it all for massages and handys smh...

5. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Risking it all for anus penetration

ipaman likes this.
  6. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

Our own draft picks for the next dozen or so years are looking better and better.

whag00 and dmoneybangbang like this.
  7. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Watson doesn’t have good enough judgement to control his dick let alone guide the Texans with their decisions. This has been a brown eye opening off-season for him.

txtodd, Sooty, Pringles and 1 other person like this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

First, when there are multiple claims of similar behavior against the same person in a civil suit, the complaints ARE going to be identical in many ways and that is how complaints are filed and it is done that way on purpose. So there is NOTHING suspicious about a single firm having similar complaints filed. If anything is suspicious about the complaint it is that it is asking for sanctions/punitive damages.

Second, there is nothing unusual about the fact all of the plaintiffs have the same attorney. The attorney they have is worth almost a billion dollars and already has investigated the matter. It would be stupid for someone to go to a DIFFERENT attorney.

Third, most police department's will not comment or whether there is an ongoing police investigation. Not that it really matters, as this is a CIVIL case.

Blatz, ROCKSS and Pringles like this.
  9. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Does Buzbee have to release the names of these women at any point? Maybe only if it goes to trial?

10. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Eventually they have to be released to the defense. You can't be expected to defend ghosts.

UTSA2step likes this.
  11. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Buzzbee is like Saul Goodman, FattyFatBastard and Dom Draper all rolled into one. I'm impressed.

Playing the trial by media game flawlessly.

Even if these allegations are proven false, and I can't believe they are 100% made up (I'm sure the lines are blurred on much of it), Buzzbee knows the media eats this ish up and that Deshaun's reputation will continue to flounder until he pays up or this is resolved. I'm sure he's prepared to drag this out and continue to release sensationalized statements while saying that he will release the actual evidence to the courtroom only.

Buzzbee has him by the proverbial balls, though in this case, maybe we need to say he's got him by the anus?

BigShasta and STR8Thugg like this.
  12. Pistol Pete

Supporting Member

That will be interesting as I'm sure almost all of these women go by aliases at "work".

STR8Thugg likes this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

They will be released through the discovery process... that is how this always goes.

STR8Thugg and UTSA2step like this.
  14. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

I read somewhere that even though Buzbee has not released the names publicly, the Watson camp knows who they are since the dates of the massages were included in the complaints.

Sooty likes this.
  15. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

It’s looking more and more like this is the reason Watson wanted out of Houston. The fact that he would never say why he was requesting a trade was always pretty fishy and the rumor about it being because of the way the GM was hired seemed like a made-up excuse to use to get out of town. According to John and Lance he didn’t even have a problem with Easterby.

BigShasta likes this.
  16. mario_v

mario_v Member

Lance Zerlein? When did he say that? Also, leaving Houston wouldn’t stop these lawsuits.

Sooty likes this.
  17. Major

Major Member

This is nonsensical.

If he got traded to New York or Miami, it's not like these lawsuits disappear. It seems like things would be even worse, given that a team just traded a boatload of assets for you. The NY media and fans would be relentless, and those organizations are much more likely to turn on him given they have no positive history with them. If anything, if he was concerned about these lawsuits in January, he would logically have (a) been on his best behavior so the organization supports him rather than trying to sever his contract and (b) not continued to hire "massage therapists" in March 2021 and done these same things.

Beyond that, what's fishy about him never saying why he wanted a trade? You didn't hear anything from him at all. That's the same as basically any player who wants to be traded. No one ever comes out and says "I hate my GM" or "I hate the owner" or whatever. We heard nothing from Harden either until the day before he forced the issue and got traded and even that was a vague "it's just not working". Players aren't stupid enough to torch their teams publicly while trying to get them to accomodate them. You didn't hear from guys like Wentz about their trade desires either.

His instagram posts timed with Texans happenings made pretty clear he had some issues with the organization, whatever those things were.

Nook, jiggyfly and Sooty like this.
  18. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

I heard McClain say that because of all these allegations there's no way Watson gets traded any time soon....this just means that a Watson trade is right around the corner.

UTSA2step, BigShasta and primtim24 like this.
  19. Pistol Pete

Supporting Member

I wonder what the under over is on current / past number of prostitution cases against the plantiffs?

Houstunna likes this.
  20. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

It’s not about making them disappear. If he didn’t think he had done anything wrong and the team caught wind of the behavior beforehand and tried to get him to cut it out, it might have led to anger towards the team on Watson’s part. The kind of anger that leads to asking for a trade for mysterious reasons right after signing a huge contract. Maybe to a team that would stay out of his personal business.