1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Most hated player on current roster?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tfor3, Mar 24, 2021.

?

Which player do you hate? (current roster)

1. Wall

35.8%
  2. ‘Dipo

18.3%
  3. House

11.9%
  4. Other

2.8%
  5. I hate everyone

1.8%
  6. I don’t hate anyone

20.2%
  7. I like Pie

7.3%
  8. I’m more of a ‘cake-guy’

1.8%
  1. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Is it Wall, Dipo or House? Other?

The Wall hate is way too thick imo. It is harsh given that he is returning from a major injury that kept him out for 2yrs. He is getting ripped for inefficiency and lack of defense. There is room for improvement, no doubt, but I am rooting for him and wish him the best.
    I even read a member comment recently wishing for a season ending injury for Wall. I won’t name names.

Thoughts....

*I tried to edit poll question so I could replace ‘hate’ with ‘passionately dislike’
    (but it is not editable. :()

#1 Tfor3, Mar 24, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
    roslolian and groovemachine like this.
  2. mikenm268

mikenm268 Member

Exum...I've hated his guts since NBA 2K15.

3. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Personally I don’t understand ‘hating’ any players so I voted none, but House would be closest.

D-rock and Tfor3 like this.
  4. Mr. Space City

mmmmmmm pie

[​IMG]

BamBam and Tfor3 like this.
  5. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

lol

Mr. Space City likes this.
  6. Juxtaposed Jolt

Wouldn't go so far as to say 'hate,' but most disliked has to be Wall.

- Playing him stunts the growth of KPJ
    - Tries to be a certain bearded fellow, but looks more like Westbrook without the stat
    - Literally has nothing to prove, since no one regards him as 'good' anymore

To that third point, he's literally still an NBA player with a big contract, and teams are still willing to give you playing time. That's a good life, right there.

7. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

i went pie... normally i'm more of a cake guy, but the wife made an apple pie tonight that was 'cake worthy'...so i went with pie...

plus i dont hate any of our players...

Tfor3 likes this.
  8. Juxtaposed Jolt

He's had more than enough time to show himself, the Rockets and the rest of the NBA that he can still run and dribble and play basketball. He needs to defer to the best player on the Rockets, and he doesn't because...because he has something to prove or whatever. But he doesn't.

Downtown Sniper, Tfor3 and Salvy like this.
  9. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

Dislike is more of the word. But I would say wall and vic. Just because they are playing selfish and tryna prove a point to the entire league which hurts the team.

clos4life, Tfor3 and D-rock like this.
  10. Salvy

Salvy Member

Both Wall and Vic O piss me off because of this... They likely show other teams more value by staying healthy and showing positives in athleticism and movement vs scoring and playing hero ball... Yet they both continue to try and carry a team that does not need to be carried, The Rockets need to develop and Wall alongside Vic O should be facilitating that for the young guns. Getting Wood, Tate, KPJ and even Martin is way more important than these guys putting up 20+ shots so that their stats seems good. They are virtually using The Rockets to establish value and gtfo while our core and future has to wait for them to get theirs in order to have a shot.

Tfor3 likes this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Don't hate Wall either just do not want him as a starter on the Rockets.

House irritates me to no end too but he is actually a Rocket so I can almost forgive him.

Dipo doesn't drive me nuts like he does to all of you. I appreciate his defense.

Tfor3 and ThatboyPhuong like this.
  12. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Hate is the wrong word. Wall is my answer though - simply because of his contract. Apart from that, no biggie.

If EGo was fit, he might get a look in - long contract, too often injured, and too much sqwuaking when not fo(w)led!!

D-rock and Tfor3 like this.
  13. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

nice. i added that poll choice. :D

D-rock and kjayp like this.
  14. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

i appreciate the replies.

It is helping me understand the various nuances behind the passionate dislike.

15. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Wall is maybe my least favorite Rocket of all time. To put this into perspective: I didn't have a major problem with the Royce White pick flopping, I understood the risk and it didn't have a major impact on others on the team.

You'll never catch me saying this again, but I don't mind taking on worse contracts without compensation to get Wall off the roster half a season quicker. He is selfish and has horrible habits, egotistical about mediocre productivity. I didn't think it would be this bad when we acquired him, I'm actually amazed.

Glad I'm not the Rockets GM. If we're being professional, we should hold on to him till a net neutral deal comes along after we've eaten more of his salary. Some people though...

16. farhen

farhen Member

Wall with his 'self proclaimed franchise player' = 20 L streak

17. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Maybe he wouldn't get so much hate, if he acknowledged he is returning from a major injury that kept him out for 2 years, and he is no longer a star. And did not act like a star. Or jack up the shot attempts tha ta star warrants.

Maybe he wouldn't get so much hate, if one of the first things he did, wasn't throw shade at James Harden.

Maybe he wouldn't get so much hate, if he didn't throw continue to throw shade at his current teammates.

Maybe he wouldn't get so much hate, if he acknowledged Christian Wood is a much better, and efficient offensive threat, and actually did what a PG should do and get him the ball.

Maybe he wouldn't get so much hate, if he didn't - multiple times each and every single game - blatantly ignore a player in a much better position for a shot, just so he could do his best Westbrick impression.

Hate is a strong word. But in my view of John Wall it is very much warranted. He is by far my most despised Rocket ever.

Rocket River likes this.
  18. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

John Wall Sucks

19. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

It has to be Wall .... that contract is horrible. He doesn't fit the timeline , doesn't help you win , doesn't really help develop the young guys .... Its a waste of 45m for two years.
    The only good thing about his contract is it gets you half way to the salary floor.

20. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

how the hell am i the only one who voted for danuel house... the **** that he pulled last season and then to stink it up even more with his shitty on-court play this season i thought would garner more hate..

Mr.Scary, Monkeychef02 and lockedin34 like this.