1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Action Network) Rockets interested in Aaron Gordon???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Mar 9, 2021.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Switch everything is reason why every smart team, every contending team, every analytics team is pursuing AG.

jch1911 and fckbandwagons like this.
  2. Do WHAT?

Do WHAT? Member

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Wow.

Celts are not fooling around now.

saleem likes this.
  4. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

If Boston’s goal is to improve its ability to switch everything, giving up Smart in a deal for Gordon makes absolutely no sense. Also, if such a deal were to happen, a contender in need of a point guard or a secondary facilitator (Clippers, 76ers, Heat) should enter the trade as a third team and land Smart.

The Celtics should just offer the two picks and absorb Gordon into the large trade exception they got in the Hayward sign and trade.

#164 DVauthrin, Mar 23, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
  5. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

All that stuff they coulda used to trade for James Harden, PG, Kawhi, Anthony Davis, Chris Paul, Jimmy Butler and they never made any moves.

And when they finally decide to open up they pick trading for Aaron Gordon? wtf

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

as stated before. they not fooling around now. they wanna tank for suggs

7. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

bingo

saleem likes this.
  8. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Classic Ainge and over-valuing anyone he has drafted (ie, most of the roster).
    Finally it is dawning on him that the Celtic are an afterthought in the (weak) East, and a long way from a contender, so he needs to make a move. BUT because he overvalues anyone he has drafted, he thinks a tweak can make them a contender... so looks to go all in for Gordon.

Oh dear.

Richie_Rich, saleem and pippendagimp like this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL - No way Celts trading Smart AND 2 FRP, Ainge is just going to pull bait and switch at last moment so Magic will end up with Grant Williams and/or Romeo Langford.

#169 D-rock, Mar 23, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
  10. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

lol Ainge can't trade for ****.

BMoney and D-rock like this.
  11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Same guys saying our late 1sts are worthless are now like “Oh noes don’t trade our picks!!!”.

Pick a side would you?

ramotadab and D-rock like this.
  12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Late two firsts are ok with me, even 3 late firsts, but I don't think Aaron is a great fit with Wood. I wouldn't go after him. We need a taller and faster Harden to get out of the swamp. Aaron doesn't create his own shot. His passing and shooting is adequate but not great. There may be no better potential option than him, but we will become like the Magic and miss the chance to acquire a top 4 pick with him.

ramotadab likes this.
  13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree 100%. Hope we miss on AG, keep all our picks, and use Oladipo to snag John Collins. :D

raining threes and saleem like this.
  14. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

A taller faster Harden would be LeBron James with shooting. That's the GOAT right there.

15. saleem

I know that player doesn't exist. I don't rate Lebron as the GOAT, but he's close to it.

16. saleem

You made me laugh.

raining threes likes this.
  17. Kingsman

Kingsman Member

Some thoughts on AG:

Short contract and he wants to play for a winner, which at this point we're NOT.
    Has a lot of "me" vibes (see: Vic, Wall)

We got a lot of picks, but there's gonna be better players come draft, AG is also a frontcourt court player per say and we need a small or wing to compliment Wood

But, there's then the core issue, once better player/players are available more teams, possibly with better assets (say OKC and etc) will get into a bidding war. So it's really hard to tell what we should or should not do, hindsight is 20/20, but next few days should be very interesting.

Stone so far has done good job with the parts he was given, so there's hope he does not drop the ball.

ramotadab likes this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Look, I completely understand passing on AG due to price and his demands.

But your "insight" is nonsense.

AG before he realized the writing on the wall, was a team first player.

He has played out of position at SF spot for 5 seasons. He has done everything the Magic have asked him to do - he is a natural PF but agreed to play SF on the perimeter for the betterment of the team. AG always has the toughest assignment, defends opposing teams best scorer on the perimeter.

And this season he played point when both of the Magic PG went down with injury.

AG is not the savior of any franchise, best as 3rd option. Magic tried to make him their 1st option to the detriment of his game and confidence.

But in the right system, the right team, AG is a key component to a championship team. He is not a bubble fluke, he leaves it all on the court each game on both sides of the ball.

His ability to do EVERYTHING on the basketball court at above average level at his size, physicality and explosive athleticism will make his next team very happy.

That said, F him and what he wants. He hasn't done enough to deserve that kind of clout to dictate his trade terms.

BamBam likes this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Doesn't sound like a guy with a specific destination in mind to me.

Definitely not a "me-me" guy like Wall.

vator likes this.
  20. CXbby

CXbby Member

Rockets already have a pf in tate, if they trade for Gordon it is to flip oladipo into a longer contact in order to flip again down the line.