1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tony buzbee filing lawsuit against Deshaun Watson? Hints at mistreating women

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

this is what the Texans (more specifically McNair) would like to see how this ended :

1. no trials, Watson agrees to pay, those women got paid with some extra bucks, I am very sure they got paid before and some even got paid extra for some sort of under the table agreements also. Buzz will got paid handsomely by some famous owner that he don’t even know the name.

2. NFL will give Watson a mild 4 games suspension.

3. with a broken reputation and also needed the money and under current contract status, Watson reports to camp.

Reality :

4. even above will happen, this dumpster fire will go on and the Texans will finish the season with a 4-12 records.

in the summer of 2022, Watson finally got traded to the Patriots and he proceeds to win 6 rings in the next 8 seasons.

ferrari77 and BigShasta like this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

Hard to say. If it had to put money on it, I would put my money on his being acquitted but everyone knowing he got away with it.

Watson is smart, likable and has a great attorney in the right county.... but it is all hard to say without knowing what the evidence is.

jiggyfly and DatRocketFan like this.
  3. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

So Hardin basically admits that Deshaun has been with numerous unlicensed massage therapists?

But they all said he was a “gentleman”....

That’s the defense?

We all have seen Watson put the team on his back and make comebacks before, but they’re really going to have to put some drives together and gain some momentum at some point to swing things back in his favor.

4. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

King1, Zen Tabak and Roc Paint like this.
  5. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Don't call women whores. They're all innocent victims.

Repent or be damned

6. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I call BS. Buzbee already assured us he wasn't going to try this case in the media.

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

yeah. The news today certainly makes this much much more troubling. For everyone involved.

the direction these things are moving don’t look good for Watson. Each day it’s another few cases. Today it’s yes I was with them and stuff happened but it was all consensual.

what will the next few days bring??

No way Deshaun is operating at anywhere near 100% mental ability right now with all that’s happened to/by him this offseason.

8. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Watson will settle out of court. The NFL will suspend him for probably a year. The Texans will ultimately trade him if they can, but it's possible the league voids his contract.

To expand on this a little, I think Watson is in a no-win situation. He can't take this to court because, for starters, that will drag this out for far too long. He needs to get this behind him as soon as possible. And while he may believe there is no real evidence against him, the threshold for civil cases is much lower than that of a criminal case, so it is a much bigger crap shoot. Even if he were to go that route, the testimony in this case is going to be graphic and embarrassing. If he were to be found not guilty of assaulting anyone, it is going to be obvious (and possibly even his defense) that he was trolling social media for hookers. The NFL is still going to suspend him for that.

There is still the slim possibility of criminal charges, as well. They should fairly soon whether there is enough to file those charges or not. If charges aren't filed, then Watson supporters will use that as a rallying cry for this to be viewed as a shakedown by a bunch of golddiggers. However, those that tend to believe them can point to the inability to file criminal charges as a main reason that women in these cases don't go to the police in the first place. That could actually swing public support in their favor. If criminal charges are filed, it could take a few years to settle without a plea deal. A plea deal may actually end Watson's career, though a conviction would, too. So he would probably have to fight that one to the end. At some point the league may be forced to void his contract.

Maybe Watson is a bigger gambler than I am, but once they are done filing all of these claims (which it seems may never happen), he has but one choice, and that's to settle with these women. It's going to be much more expensive than the $100k he claims it would have cost him a few weeks ago, but it's really the only choice.

A month ago Watson apparently was upset at the Texans because he felt they weren't honest with him and did not hold up their end of the bargain. That's some good irony.

9. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I wonder if he’s still ignoring the Texans phone calls.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  10. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I think the truth is usually somewhere in the middle.

Some of the allegations are purely blackmail attempts for having fetishes that are considered to be emasculating.

ferrari77, jiggyfly and NotInMyHouse like this.
  11. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

I raised this issue weeks ago as a sign that Watson had a character problem. Obviously, we now know with certainty that he has a major character deficiency and a problem with impulse control.

Most people around here wanted to give Watson rights to influence our front office moves and player personnel moves. I think we can put that notion to bed at this point. As I stated over and over, despite being a great QB, a 25-year old player is unqualified in every way to make front office decisions. On top of it all, Watson was upset at the GM search... and Caserio appears to be making some shrewd moves so far.

JumpMan and Pistol Pete like this.
  12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Great analysis. I mean, the verifiable evidence is that he's a professional athlete with 24/7 top-end training massage therapy available to him... and he went this route with the publicly available and questionable stuff. Whether or not he did any of the alleged impropriety, the court of public opinion says he used poor judgment and put himself in difficult terrain. He'll need to get it behind him.

The wild card is now his lawyer's ego and wanting to go Kong vs. Godzilla with the other alpha lawyer. (They should even cross-promote at this point.)

cmoak1982 likes this.
  13. verse

verse Contributing Member

If a Texan employee is proven to have recommended even just ONE of these "providers" the franchise will be investigated as well, as they should be. A whole new can of worms will be opened under the guise of human trafficking and Buzbee will be looking for an enormous payday. To that point, how many (if any) teams have provided or offered this "service" to their athletes while having licensed therapists on payroll? What a rabbit hole. Geesh.

updawg, Pistol Pete and cmoak1982 like this.
  14. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Seems like the likely scenario.

If he's guilty, I'm disgusted he gets away with it.

15. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I think it’s pretty obvious Buzbee is angling at an attempt to take down NFL.

updawg and verse like this.
  16. verse

He's playing NFL chess. The Watson case is a means to a checkers end. This is going to be a long, long ride.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  17. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah man, it really looks like it.
    I’m tired of Houston sports being on this side of the aisle.

verse likes this.
  18. verse

To that end, I'm not even sure the result of the Watson ordeal is ultimately important, as long as it opens to door to the Shield. Watson may even be able to cut a deal where he outs the culture for a "favorable" result wrt his cases. DeShaun, the Denzel to Buzbee's Russel Crowe. Wow. Smh.

cmoak1982 and Htown Legend like this.
  19. verse

Ok. Me too. But how did the Rockets get it "right" wrt Harden and his escapades, but the Texans get it so, so, so wrong, especially when you have a highly paid and empowered character coach and (at one time) a top notch PR department? I'm befuddled.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  20. verse

Of course, if he does that, he will be an unemployable NFL pariah. Distanced by the Shield and resented by the players for outing their honey holes. Talk about a rock and a hard place.

cmoak1982 likes this.