1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rumor Mill/Trade Talks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, Mar 7, 2021.

1. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I disagree. Lowry is 35. His style of play, he can suddenly become a shell of his former self next year. I definitely would not give away young talent like Herro for Lowry.

True Rocket and D-rock like this.
  2. riko

riko Member

Why Drummond? It sounds like Stone still is in a win now mode? No he needs to be looking for the future

3. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Im starting to think the NBA is racists, which it probably is considering its run by a bunch of rich white guys.

I don't understand how people value Herro and Markennen as some great prospect. Herro stats are absolutely awful...

Not to mention how hard they tried to push for Luka MVP....

This Rockets should just draft all the white guys in the 2021 draft cuz obviously they have inflated value across the league.

D-rock likes this.
  4. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Herro has got to be the most overrated player in the Association.

BamBam, DonKnock, mikenm268 and 3 others like this.
  5. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

I’d rather watch Drummond sign with the Nets than to help the lakers in any way, shape or form. And honestly I’d rather keep the 1st rd pick than acquire Kuzma... even if it’s pick 30

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Kuzma for FRP???

HELL NO.

groovemachine, Dacamel and Rudyc281 like this.
  7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

All because of that stupid Elvis look moment he had in the finals lol. I mean, I think he has good potential to be a borderline all star in this league, but nothing more than that.

It was funny watching Heat fans think that giving up both Tyler/Duncan plus picks for Harden was waaaaay too much.

8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Can we stop with the random trade ideas and just post actual rumours?

[​IMG]

clutchdabear, BamBam, awc713 and 9 others like this.
  9. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

Didn’t you hear? It’s Ben Simmons.

Dacamel and Rudyc281 like this.
  10. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

cue robocop nutting gif

treyk3 likes this.
  11. Convictedstupid

I don’t understand their infatuation with Lowry. Especially if he wants still 20+ million a year. Does he really move the needle that much?

Rudyc281 likes this.
  12. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Herro is having a poor season, no doubt. But he's very young, has two more seasons of rookie contract left and he could be a very good shooter in the league. But he's no sure thing.

At best, I see him as a third-best player on a title team. I thought maybe a two, but he's not sharp this year and it's making me second guess a bit.

His incredible playoff run last year could prove to work against the Heat. We will see if he turns this around, but if they don't win during Jimmy Butler's prime, there will be an insane amount of second-guessing in Miami.

I would like to see the Rockets get him. I think a deal with Oladipo and Herro as the principals is fair as far as talent, but I understand the Heat's reluctance because of contracts and trade value. I just hope it bites them in the ass if they don't do it.

13. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

It’s Trey IMO...

Dacamel likes this.
  14. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

But Clutchfans hates Herro...

raining threes and Rudyc281 like this.
  15. Rhay1

Rhay1 Member

Speaking of being run by a bunch of rich white guys; Remember, the Group of Buyers assembled by D. Mutombo who raised almost $2B was never called. While many still question, if Tilman was financially sound enough to purchase a team. "Fertitta needed Alexander to loan him $275 million in order to complete his purchase of the Rockets, as he and his businesses had less than $300 million in cash when he began the process of purchasing the Rockets. Fertitta also assumed $175 million in debt as a part of the deal, which should’ve raised eyebrows." - Forbes

16. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

There are some reports that Herro is the sticking point in a Heat/Raptors deal right now. I'm not sure if that's just Miami posturing or if it's real. My guess is if it happens, we'll see Herro/Robinson, Precious, 1 FRP, and 1 swap for Lowry as the core pieces of a deal. That's a lot to give up, but if Miami is in win-now mode and willing to mortgage a little of their future to make it happen, that price sounds about right to me.

17. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

While I appreciate The Fertitta center as a Coog alum, the dude has no business being an NBA owner.

18. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

That would be way too much to give up for Lowry.

BHannes2BHonest, PatBev and Rudyc281 like this.
  19. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

How the hell is a 35-year-old Lowry better than Oladipo? Especially when they already had Goran?

20. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

How dumb would they look to do that for Lowry but not harden lol.

BHannes2BHonest and D-rock like this.