1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2020-2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

Yea, AG doesn't wanna play here and won't sign an extension.

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. Jwise44

Jwise44 Member

That really sucks. I think Gordon will break out wherever he goes next. Would have been great for us. And he’s one of my favorite players:(

hakeem94, fattz and D-rock like this.
  3. Jwise44

Jwise44 Member

Why do you hate us? Subjecting us to something so horrible as trading away Tate

boooooo

I seriously wouldn’t mind kuzma back (as part of the return) as a oladipo trade, though

hakeem94 and cmoak1982 like this.
  4. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

IMO, a lot of people are misinterpreting the Haynes report based on the headline. For those who read the actual story, he says the Gordon/Rockets deal that got scuttled was "a few days ago." So I don't think it necessarily invalidates or contradicts today's reports by Shams and Lowe, or ch44.

As I see it, there are two main possibilities:

1) Rockets and Magic re-engaged at a lower price point, since there's greater risk in taking on a player who won't sign an extension

2) Orlando wants the Houston offer out there for leverage purposes. Basically, it's the "bar" that other teams (presumably those that Gordon wants to go to) need to reach with their offers

Or a combination of the two.

hakeem94, joshuaao, Deuce and 4 others like this.
  5. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

To me , there's only about a dozen guys in the entire league that are worth a max contract.

I see Collins as a very good complimentary piece but not a #1 , he kinda remind me of Otis Thorpe..... I'd be comfortable paying him EG money but he aint a max guy.

The fact that teams pay guys like that max money is why they end up with cap troubles.

6. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

You're thinking of a supermax contract. There are a dozen or so goes that deserve that. Plenty of players get the max. Hayward got 30m/year despite underperforming in Boston. The max isnt much higher than that contract.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Thanks for the clarification Ben!

hakeem94, saleem and sirjesse like this.
  8. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I'm not confused between the two.

I wouldn't pay Collins $30m that Hayward got ..... I wouldn't pay him $25m.

I see his value being ~ $20m.

hakeem94 and saleem like this.
  9. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Collins is 23 years old, has been averaging 20 a game for three seasons. He shoots 38% from 3 (which would make him our best three point shooter), and is a good rebounder (would be the best rebounder on our team). He is 6'9" with a 6'11" wingspan. I get you wouldn't give him the max. But it's pretty much an expectation for a guy with that profile.

hakeem94 and Grizzlyshark like this.
  10. Sanity2disChaos

I’m convinced....Dipo to the ATL !

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Only fly in the ointment maybe AG himself.

12. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

There is a dimension out there where we are the all time leaders in Gordon’s.

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  13. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Why bother with Gordan? If NY is willing to give either their own or Dal pick for Dipo, just do it!

hakeem94, saleem and Rudyc281 like this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

You need to breath bro.

The team cannot be made up entirely of rooks. Draft picks are simply currency. The value is in PLAYERS, not the pick.

Roster balance and player fit is a real thing.

18pbr, ApacheWarrior, tc0330 and 2 others like this.
  15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I meant giving up three FRP's Aaron Gordon would be too much. The competition to acquire him seems fierce. Your suggestion is fine, but Nunn and a late 1st probably will be unacceptable to the Magic.

hakeem94 and ApacheWarrior like this.
  16. Le$$

Le$$ Member

I like where Mr. Moon is going with this. Excellent Idea!

hakeem94 and Dankstronaut like this.
  17. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

Now for something COMPLETLY different

https://tradenba.com/trades/-K2Nmnmz3

Rockets in:
    Gorgi Deng (waive), Harkless (waive), Desmon Bane, Brandon Clarke, Jarred Vanderbilt.
    Rockets out:
    Oladipo, House, Brown, Bucks FRP, Washington FRP

Heat in:
    Oladipo
    Heat out:
    Olynyk, Harkless, Precious

Timberwolves in:
    Olynyk, House, Brown, Washington FRP
    Timberwolves out:
    Beasley, Vanderbilt

Grizzlies in:
    Beasley, Precious, Bucks FRP
    Grizzlie out:
    Gorgi Deng, Desmond Bane, Brandon Clarke.

Why Rockets do it:
    Love BC. Think he can be a long term star and a great 3rd or 4th option on a winning team. Fits great next to Wood. Has hustle, has range and has CRAZY hops. I would consider him a cheaper version of Collins. A marginally better defender, but not as good shooter. Waive Deng so he can go to a contender this year (Celtics). Bane will be our best 3pt shooter by far. Bliss.

Why the Heat do it:
    They want to go all the way again. And Vic is a great option to help do that. Been spoken about a thousand times. Just worried about them getting cold feet lately as per the reports.

Why the Timberwolves do it:
    Bit of a logjam at the guard space. The fact that Beasley has been publically made available probably doesnt help. Been looking for a decent backup for KAT for a while and can resign Olynyk in the off season. Same with Brown who would fill the backup wing role nicely. House is the SF theyve been looking for for a while.

Why the Grizzlies do it:
    BC has been coming off the bench, even with JJJ out. Can take a chance with Precious trying who has similar upside (but differnt games) to try and fill that starting role. They get their SG of the future who fits the timeline a bit more in Beasley and get Dillon out of a starting role (please!).

Rockets lineup:
    Wall/Augustine
    KPJ/Bane/Gordon (inj)/BMac
    Tate/KJ/Nwaba (inj)
    BC/Vanderbilt
    Wood/Wilson

Heat lineup:
    Dragic/Nunn
    Dipo/Herro
    Butler/Robinson
    Iggy/Ariza
    Bam/Okpala

Timberwolves lineup:
    Rubio/Russell (inj)
    Edwards/Okogie/Brown
    House/Culver
    Juancho/McDaniels/Davis
    KAT/Olynyk

Grizzlies lineup:
    Ja/Melton
    Beasley/Dillon
    Winslow/Anderson
    Precious/JJJ (inj)
    Jonas/Tilman

#4177 Grizzlyshark, Mar 23, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
    hakeem94 likes this.
  18. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

idk if this makes sense all around but it works: https://tradenba.com/trades/2x5ja1Pek

perspectives:
    Chicago parts with Markkannen but pairs John Wall with Lavine in the backcourt and picks up draft capital. Are the picks enough?

Oakland gives up Wiggins to fulfill his destiny in Houston. Receiving Oladipo and Exum, they are set to make their playoff run and gave up probably their worst contract for expirings. I still think we are getting the better player and better fit here but I do believe they say yes.

Houston spends. Idk what Otto Porter can give but his massive expiring contract will be promised to Markkanen. Picking up another prime athlete Wiggins too. This is a no brainer for us.

https://tradenba.com/mock-drafts/3X27RBkra

Picking up Suggs early and Giddey in the 20s. Last pick would be traded in this scenario.

21-22 potential 15 (if Brown, Nwaba, Wilson resign which they probably won't but whatever you get the picture already)

Porter, Gordon, Wiggins, Markkanen, Wood
    Augustin, Suggs, Martin, Tate, Wilson
    Jones, Giddey, Brown, Nwaba, Patton

Gordon and Augustin are your vets. Wood, Markkanen, Wiggins, Tate, all in their prime. A host of elite 20 year olds. Starting 5 where everyone is going for 20. Firepower off the bench. Imposing starting 5. If Gordon can teach them to have a heart...

D-rock and ilias like this.
  19. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Imagining giving up 3 1st rounders for Michael Porter Jr....jesus.

hakeem94 and rockets1995 like this.
  20. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

John Collins is not Otis Thorpe.

Otis Thorpe is way tougher and I think he had more post moves than John Collins.
    Otis worked with Hakeem in Practice, plus Carroll Dawson as a Center Coach.
    Worked with Hakeem, Ralph, Yao

John Collins is a Jumpshooter, He said himself that he doesnt want to play Center.

hakeem94 likes this.