1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tony buzbee filing lawsuit against Deshaun Watson? Hints at mistreating women

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Mar 16, 2021.

1. mightybosstone

This is just mind-bogglingly sexist and ignorant in so many ways. You're somehow managing to be a misogynistic jerk on completely opposite levels, which is impressive. Apparently women only want to stay at home and not work, but they're too incompetent at things like cooking and cleaning to do it well?

My wife, who is working on her second masters to get a better job so her work schedule works better around our son and I, would beg to differ. Saying **** like this should be ban-worthy. If you're not embarrassed, that's OK, because we're all embarrassed FOR you.

2. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Jesus man, who **** in your cereal this morning? Calm down, if you can’t take your emotions out of everything don’t quote me lol, simple as that.

My quote is saying that there is no winning on either side for media types, they’re going to upset one “woke” group whoever they choose to side with.

And said I was right, so.......why ask What?

3. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Maybe I missed it, but has anybody wondered if the reason teams passed on DeShaun at the top of the first round was because they had some intel on this kind of stuff?

4. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Intel on future events? That is some inception level scouting :eek:

5. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Bro, I think you might wanna delete this. This ain't it.

Nook, The Law, Houstunna and 3 others like this.
  6. ferrari77

There was a plaintiffs atty on Pendergrast or Stoerners show or whichever show who mentioned the reason for the victims statements of events all sounding the same. Buzbee needs them all to sound similar in terms of the manner in which Deshaun allegedly harassed or assaulted them in order for the cases to be tried as one rather than split up which would then be much easier for Rusty to dismantle and get dismissed.

7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Nobody is excited here except you.

I knew you were angling for some woke reference to get your talking points in.

WTF does media types have to do with anything?

Why does anybody have to take a side?

That's your problem you think everybody has to take a side and there is no nuance anybody saying this does not smell right had to be on the side of a "potential" abuser.

Again WTF does a media type have to do with anything unless you believe a side needs to be chosen about that as well.

8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

No.

Watson was over drafted more than anything, it was a surprise he was drafted that high for most folks.

9. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

how long before Watson checks into rehab for sex addiction? lol

10. ferrari77

Sure seems that way.

I keep hearing/reading people discounting any possibility of the Texans involvement because "oh it diminishes his trade value". WTF? This is the same team THAT HAD NO DESIRE TO TRADE HIM. They have him under contract. He had no leverage regardless of what he and his agent thought, said or did. The ball was in the Texans court and if they were not even taking calls from other teams after DW REQUESTED a trade, while the Seahawks actually took calls from teams despite their QB not even officially requesting a trade, then the Texans did not give a flying fig about his trade value.

Also, Watson has no loyalty to anyone or anything? is this something that has been shown over the years that the rest of us commoners missed and you picked up? Who did he show no loyalty to? His coaches? His relatives? His friends? Clemson? His high school? Some long term girlfriend he had since HS or college that he dumped as soon as he got in the NFL? I'm being serious, where is the evidence of this lack of loyalty to anyone or anything because I obviously never observed nor heard about it over the years. Thx.

11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I like the fire takes. We need more of this.

12. ferrari77

Uh is that true? I believe it was a surprise that he wasn't drafted higher- Bears fans would probably vouch for that.

Buck Turgidson and cmoak1982 like this.
  13. ferrari77

My dude, this was just so descriptive that I have to wonder was it your gf or just a lady you were tryna holla at?
    I mean, you even mentioned the beard. Why you hating on the "Beard gang?" :D

Theking likes this.
  14. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I don’t know. I feel like the women should go to the police. By asking Watson to settle and file after he balked, sounds fishy. If something criminal happened, there needs to be justice.

15. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

As the story for Houston continues to auger into the ground...

16. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

You don’t know anything. You’re assuming.
    I was making a comment, conversing if you will.
    Whether you like it or not, people are choosing sides. It’s a big story in the MEDIA, where they are forced to either remain neutral-which is not common these days- or choose a side that will have its detractors.

Your arrogance is really on display. Either comment in good faith or don’t respond to me, pretty simple.

17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

He was widely considered a 2nd round end of the 1st pick he did have momentum leading up to the draft but it was a surprise he was drafted that high.

Trubisky was widely considered to be a top 10 QB.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/04/12/nfl-mock-draft-round-1-picks-projections

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2017/...es-mitchell-trubisky-north-carolina-tar-heels

https://nflmocks.com/2017/04/02/2017-nfl-mock-draft-big-trades-shake-top-10-picks/27/

Mahomes was ranked after both.

ferrari77 likes this.
  18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So by that logic, they should just put up with the abuse if they don't have enough evidence to prove a case in criminal court against a multi-millionaire?

Or just go the criminal route only to be embarrassed and discarded by the system?

Nook likes this.
  19. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

This is true in terms of the legal process.

But in this current era, not really, not only the trials already started in the social media, but many already made their own judgements.

And if that's really the plan and the ultimate goal, then whatever will happen in the court really doesn't matter to them much.

20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Your talking points are showing, we know you wanted to push back on the All women should be believed mantra which I don't subscribe to by the way.

What kind of conversation where you trying to have, of course he is saying they are lying.

Yes it's a big story in the media but everybody is not choosing a side, most of the people in this thread are not picking a side.

Every comment top you is in good faith, I am just calling it like I see.