1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rumor Mill/Trade Talks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, Mar 7, 2021.

1. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

Inside perspective on what Heat fans are feeling leading up to this deadline.

Rudyc281, treyk3 and D-rock like this.
  2. Vivi

Vivi Member

Agreed, and overall i don't get why we're talking so much about moving picks for players like Grant, Gordon (who is a player i like) in the situation we're in, i would understand moving assets for players with all star potential and under team control for many years (Collins, Porter), but for role players like Grant and Gordon what's the point? They are already 25 or over, the upside isn't exactly great, and they could bolt in a year too so, i don't get it, sounds like a risk it's not worth taking. Then sure, if there's nothing good you can get for Dipo and by moving him plus marginal assets you can get them go for it, but i'm not throwing away picks in order to get them, Grant has zero upside, Gordon played great two years ago, but he regressed badly in the last two, and he has been also injured a lot. If they'll be worth it, you can eventually try to sign them as free agents in a year from now.

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

The important consideration is that Stone understands the need to acquire these players.

That Stone has tried to acquire Aaron Gordon on 3 separate occasions THIS season leads me to believe that AG serves a critical purpose for the future of the Rockets.

I just hope he is successful this time around.

And FYI, John Collins is an expiring that is why he is even on trade block.

In addition, JC is insisting on a max contract next season.

joshuaao, jch1911, tmoney1101 and 2 others like this.
  4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Who does that?

I said that I wouldn’t be mad If it happens.

Grab your “Jump 2 Conclusions” mat buddy!

eliefor3 likes this.
  5. sushimaster

sushimaster Member

If I were Stone, Now that Lebron will be out, I would see if the Lakers would be willing to trade something for Oladipo.

6. treyk3

treyk3 Member

BTW the guy talking has legit sources and doesn’t always share what he hears.

He wants Lowry and most Heat fans do too. They don’t want VO.

Nook, Rudyc281, tmoney1101 and 4 others like this.
  7. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

You say that like you know for sure the offer still included 4 picks and 4 pick swaps.

If that was included with Simmons then yeah, stupid, but if it was a Simmons/Maxey for Harden straight up.. its hard to argue thats a better package then say.. 3 picks (if we have to give up the Bucks) and 4 swaps..

8. Rockets4Life13

If there is any way to get rid of Wall, get rid of him. If it costs Dipo, so be it.

Just get rid of these guys and start over. I'm done with Wall and Oladipo in Rockets jerseys.

Rudyc281, tc0330, rhee and 2 others like this.
  9. Vivi

Vivi Member

Collins is a restricted free agent, you can match whatever offers he signs, Gordon wil be unrestricted free agent in a year and we would have no control on him.

As for the contract yeah, Collins wants to get paid, but everyplayer wants to get paid and not everyone is in the end, even then, he's a better player than Gordon, he's not injury prone and he's younger so, even if you end up him more, i'd fbe fine with that, it could be worth it. But i can agree on what i guess you probably think, which is that Gordon might be less redundant with Wood so, might be a better fit, and cheaper to resign eventually, but he also comes in with a lot more questions and risks that i'm not sure this team as today should take, first and not last the fact that he'll be a free agent in a year.

10. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Hope we look into that Damian Jones kid the Lakers had on a 10 day. Long athletic kid with good bounce. Would be a good backup 5 or grab for cheap to see if he can develop into something.

SRR21 likes this.
  11. Vivi

Vivi Member

They're not dumb i guess, they know getting Dipo means the team is pretty much set, and that's likely not enough. Getting Lowry for them makes more sense, less redundant with Butler then Victor, and they might be able to resign him to a team freindly deal while going after an all star via trade.

Nook likes this.
  12. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Whatever happens, start by looking at OKC and Boston. The former had three greats, then one. The latter is at .500 with two studs and too many notreadyforprimetimers.

The ingredient requisite is balance. Picks are great, building a roster in balance is greater.

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

He is garbage.

ramotadab likes this.
  14. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

Anyone in their right mind would take Lowry over Oladipo every day of the week.

15. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Is he? He looked like a young player each time I saw him play. Was active around the paint and on D.

16. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

The Lakers have nothing to trade for.

sushimaster and D-rock like this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

25 like Wood.

But he still looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane.

This has always been the knock on Jones, a 7 footer with athleticism. He doesn't play hard all the time.

And his skillset is all wrong for the Rockets, not a stretch 5.

Nowhere close to being able to contribute to Silas 5 Out offense.

18. rockets13champs

I’m waiting till the summer. I want to see clippers suck again. Get desperate for a point guard. They can trade quite a lot for wall

ramotadab likes this.
  19. Convictedstupid

What could they trade for Lowry then also have assets to trade for an all star?

20. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Potential - define it please?

The pick is unprotected, and it is the Wolves. Anything can happen - they are in the West, where everyone is tough. Look at the Pelicans with their talent, they are struggling. Injuries etc can happen.

Oh, and guess what, every team in the lottery can potentially get the #1 pick. Even the mid lottery teams have a better than 1 in 20 chance of scoring pick 1.

I get it, no guarantees. But the Warriors aren't giving that potential up without dumping Wiggins.

joshuaao, BallaDoc and ramotadab like this.