1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Finally we will be free!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by T-Mike, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

missed the game. did we win?

chadyang and BamBam like this.
  2. vince

vince Member

Let’s not get carried away with initial impressions. It’s great the Rockets are making music on the court. But it’s a relatively new team core style, coaches around the league will be scheming about how to beat them. Usually it takes 20 games for the league to expose fundamental problems.

But the first hurdle of playing well with each other and having fun has been a success.

First impression is the Rockets are a legitimate playoff bound team.

3. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Asset collecting!

4. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Well that will always be the case. IMO the reason Les sold the team was because he saw players pushing owners
    to exceed the Luxury Tax threshold in order to win a championship.

TF and PF will take the team to about $6 or $7 million under. That way they can pick up a player bought out and
    cut/waive an existing fringe player with the hit about the LT. Sort of a buffer.....Morey preached that flexibility with
    TF and had to learn to master that concept with Les as well.

Lakers emptied the cupboard thinking every free agent would love to play with Kobe and live in L.A. Kawhi and
    Paul George wanted to be in L.A. but they didn’t want to play with Kobe. When Kobe retired that opened
    up the team to be LeBron’s team. All the free agents were already committed to teams so the Lakers had to
    settle for the Lance Stephenson type outcasts. It took AD joining LeBron to now attract any and all mid tier free
    agent. So the lure of the big city was not enough.

Knicks
    emptied their roster basically after Melo left. Opening up money to bring in multiple max contracts and of
    course the lure of the big city of New York will always attract big name free agents. Wrong, players haven’t wanted to be the first star to be there inland in hopes of attracting others. So the lure of the big city has not been enough.

Houston
    has been hated by NBA front office, officials, fans-internet for many years (Oilers, Texans, Astros as well).
    So do you think that just C Wood and the fine city of Houston will attract big name free agents? Probably not.
    House, Tate, Mason Jones, Kevin Porter, Eric Gordon will make for accessory parts with C Wood......but if the
    Rockets think they can sell Oladipo, Wall, House, Ben McLemore and just free up money and the star players will
    come. Good luck with that. Empty out the cupboard and we may go hungry for years to come.

Wood is good but no one star will win a championship. Ask LeBron year one as a Laker. He was floundering
    and when it looked like slim chance of making the playoffs.....they shut down LeBron.

Wall is under contract control, so my intent would be trying to convince Oladipo to stay beyond this season, knowing
    you have Wall and his contract control to fall back on. I wish the Rockets could move John Wall because I don’t
    trust players that have undergone Achilles repair. It’s every persons weakness.

Brad Pitt played Achilles in the movie “Troy.” Awesome warrior that seemed invincible, until his heel cord was severed. Then his base of support was taken from him. Achilles tendon gets its name from Achilles the warrior (same character
    in the books and movies). When a person has a hidden weakness, it is referred to as that persons “Achilles heel,”

I don’t think it is wise to go predominantly rookies. Most rookies take 3 years to develop. End up investing money
    training players, only to have them bolt for another team in year 4. Other teams benefit from the on the job training
    that the Rockets provide. Some may stay, Harden recently said he was staying in Houston forever. DeShaun Watson
    recently signed an extension thinking he was staying long term.......or did he think that?

People say Harden was spoiled; I say every star is spoiled or wants to be spoiled. Don’t let them get what they want and they pout and have a temper tantrum......demand a trade. Or petty excuse, wanted to be elsewhere all along?

SuperKev and saleem like this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

Team ball!!! So much fun!!!! Finally, we’re free to not make the playoffs and have no dreams of winning a title!!

[​IMG]

SuperKev, Williamson, D-rock and 12 others like this.
  6. Mr. Space City

Send me back to prison.

Williamson, cbs1507, chadyang and 2 others like this.
  7. Mr Chuck Norris

BUT THEY PLAY SO HARD AND WITH HEART!!!! Reminds me of the good ol Scola/Chuck Hayes days. REAL HUSSLE N GRIT!!! Grrr...

This team ****in sucks

8. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Ahh I remember when I was called a troll because I wasnt iving on the hype of that 6 game win streak when we played terrible teams or injury ridden teams. This team isn't very good and honestly there isn't anything wrong with that. They need to embrace the rebuild.

9. vator

vator Contributing Member

I somehow imagined freedom would feel better than this. I guess I’ve been freed from thinking we will win when we have a game. There is an odd sense of freedom and peace in feeling like that and having low expectations. We just got beat by the Wizards for goodness sakes. They have Westbrook and a stupid name. Doesn’t get much lower than this.

10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol beating injured teams is not a sign of greatness but losing when decimated with injuries is sign of not being great
    ok so much for being objective...

D-rock likes this.
  11. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I didn't think they we were very good prior to the Harden trade. I thought we were 6th at best. I've stated from the jump this wasn't a playoff team even when healthy damn sure wouldn't change when Wood is out.

12. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I'm glad that I don't have to see a Rocket player put up a 40, 50, 60 point triple doubles anymore. Who wants to see that? I want everyone touching the ball at least once before someone shoots it.

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

Christian Wood didn’t get the memo

topfive and D-rock like this.
  14. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

Losing basketball at a historic rate with historic margins of loss? We are certainly free.

Tickets will need to be free to watch this kind of basketball you have longed and pined for.

15. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I don't even think free tickets would get people to the games: probably have to pay the fans.

SuperKev likes this.
  16. riko

riko Member

Another bozo using alternate ID

D-rock and Ubiquitin like this.
  17. riko

riko Member

If you mean wining free basketball sure. Anyone seen this jackass around here anymore?

vator, HP3 and D-rock like this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Always suspected he was a fake Rockets fan.

riko and HP3 like this.
  19. vator

vator Contributing Member

Anybody that clicked like on the original post should go back and click unlike right now.

BallSoHarden and D-rock like this.
  20. Lunareste

Lunareste Member

bahahahahaha!

OH WAIT YOURE SERIOUS

HAHAHAHAHAHAA!

topfive, BallSoHarden and D-rock like this.