1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So how about that culture change

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jiggyfly, Mar 21, 2021.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So what was wrong with the Culture around Harden?

And how is tanking building a better culture?

Nook and D-rock like this.
  2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Is Cousins on the shelf until the buy out market?

Rocket River

3. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Yes, I was calling for it for years and I am glad it happened. Harden was never going to win here.

You guys must be young. This is what rebuilds are. They get ugly, but to assume that nothing will ever become of the Rockets, just because we aren’t going to be competitive in the near future? That’s just naive.

4. Newlin

Newlin Member

Who cares what the culture is this year. We are tearing it down to the slab and starting over. We are doing what we need to do to rebuild the team. Very similar to when we traded Moses.

5. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I wasn’t a Harden fan. I don’t want to go around in circles on that.

Tanking starts the process of building a winning culture because, ideally, by loosing you are setting the stage to draft top, blue chip talent. That’s the theory behind tanking. Does it work 100% of the time, no. But, if it is done right it does work.

The obvious drawback is that the fans have to deal with lean years. That’s where we are now, and it sucks. But it’s part of the deal.

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

There is a corner of Clutchfans that is annoyingly insufferable. Same nixxas that were real quiet when Rockets were playing well are in full force when they were the same ones wanting to tank the whole time. They are also the same ones thick in the Harden as a Brooklyn Net thread.

Now we tanking and now they crying now too.

I just want to come in here and say:

[​IMG]

7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol. @HP3 , you can see @DreamShook 's meme game has the potential to take us to another level

HP3 and B-Bob like this.
  8. bmelo

bmelo Member

Word. We taking. Its good when we loose this season, we have loads of assets. There wont be better season to tank than this one, fans will prolly return to games next season. Top of the draft is loaded. If we gonna play like **** lets do it now... i dont care bout Brooklyn hype i know how it will end. Either Harden gonna be carried by Durant and Kyrie or he gonna **** his pants like he always did. His time to shine as a leader is in the past and long gone

9. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Cultural change? Can Jack Easterby take the job?

D-rock likes this.
  10. dmoneybangbang

COVID plus a franchise player leaving has reset the expectations. This season will be a success if we keep our top 4 pick and get decent value for our vets/expirings/holdovers. Unfortunately luck plays a significant role with the lottery and injuries.

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

LMAO

TANK!!!! TANK!! TANK!!!

There just is no good that can come from winning

Rocket River

Buck Turgidson, D-rock and HP3 like this.
  12. riko

riko Member

So far harden is doing all the carrying.

D-rock likes this.
  13. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet
    Supporting Member

I would say the team was on the road to mediocrity or blowing it up when they traded Paul and 4 picks/swaps for Westbrook. You don't need to trade that many assets to move Paul, and clearly Westbrook did not fetch a great haul when we moved him along. The Rockets have made terrible moves. Would you rather they have the team with Paul, Capella, House, Tucker, all the guys we got not from the trades, all of our own picks, and whatever we could have gotten for Harden (and now Paul would be on the last or second to last year of his contract) or what we have now? Don't let the players run the front office, they can just bail if it doesn't work out and leave the team in shambles.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Coming here to point out that HARDEN QUIT, and didn't want to be here, but all these folks still swinging from his brown and curlies continue to cloud up the board with their dumbassery.

DD

15. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

So how many lean years should fans accept before this is a playoff team again? We did get Harden three years after Yao went down.

Bad owners perpetuate losing. I don't see how people can be optimistic about our rebuild as long as Tilman Fertitta is running the show.

16. HP3

HP3 Member

LOL he's seems more angry that memy though?

jiggyfly and D-rock like this.
  17. HP3

HP3 Member

Bro shut up, you are the one who wants the coach fired.

D-rock and Wulaw Horn like this.
  18. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I wish I could give you a number. Obviously, worst case scenario is we don’t have a foundational piece after we use all of the picks. That’s a lot of years. That would be terrible. Hopefully, Stone can find a foundational piece within the next 3-4 seasons. Best case scenario is we have a foundational piece after picking top 4 in this draft.

Who knows what the league is going to look like in 2 years, much less in 2027.

Tilman is suspect. I don’t like him. However, I’m not willing to say that because of him we are guaranteed to suck in perpetuity.

JayGoogle likes this.
  19. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Ehh.

I see the hill you're trying to stand on. I do.

It doesn't make much sense though you picking on the only star in the league who was ever ride or die for this franchise since who knows when - it sounds like you should be hating the guy who forced that shift from Harden - not Harden himself.

20. HP3

HP3 Member

There is a difference between tanking and losing to a bunch of G leaguers on OKC. Im fine with it either way. I wanted this from the beginning. All I do is meme in the game thread and look at our young prospects. People doing the "I told you so" about Harden(not me lol....well maybe for Tucker I do that) is what you should have expected.

D-rock likes this.