1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

HBO Max

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DaBeard, May 27, 2020.

1. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

They really could have made this into 2 movies and it still wouldve been good.

Still hate Mamoa and Leto.

Rocket River likes this.
  2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

You definitely can. Especially if one is tied to HBO MAX. 2 Batmans (batmen?) played different actors is EASY. Potentially having the same Wonder Woman or Aquaman in 2 worlds... that might get weird.

3. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I still think they were trying to do too much. The first half still felt disjointed for me. Once they teamed up then it felt like a good, cohesive movie.

I agree that there could've been another film that helped set up the pieces for the 2nd half of this to be its own stand alone film.

Knowing that the Snyder Cut was meant to be episodic, I also think this cut would've worked better in that format.

4. Buck Turgidson

Yeah, we're about to get 12 different Captains America and 8 different Spidermen, and the Marvelites will think it's the greatest thing ever.

clos4life, RKREBORN and Surfguy like this.
  5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

More like HBO minimum

we all about hulu over here fam

Surfguy likes this.
  6. CCorn

CCorn Member

It will be

Hippieloser, arkoe and Buck Turgidson like this.
  7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Comparing the cinematic release to the Snyder cut is like trying to compare The Room to The Godfather..... not because the Snyder cut is so good but because the cinematic release is just that bad.

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Not digging this 4:3 ratio. Stupid Snyder did it on purpose to put his stink over the cut but it's dopey af with large tvs

tmoney1101 likes this.
  9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

THIRTEEN different Captain America's, IDIOT. Or are you PURPOSELY not counting minority Captain Americas?!

jiggyfly and Buck Turgidson like this.
  10. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I’m not a marvel fan boy by any means but this is several tiers below their best movies. The characters aren’t as interesting, the actors aren’t even close to as good, they’re lacking any comic relief an mcu staple, the visuals aren’t as impactful, and most importantly the overall story isn’t as good.

4:3 was a terrible decision.

11. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Man, what a ride. LOVED IT. Wish this was the release back in 2017, then we would have had JL 2 and 3 by now. What a wasted opportunity by WB in 2017. Whedon's cut was just awful.

clos4life and mulletman like this.
  12. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

If you like one Marvel movie, you like them all. Marvel has become formulaic self-righteous left wing garbage.

13. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I don’t like at least half of the marvel movies. In fact off the top of my head these are the few that I thought were good.

Original x men trilogy
    Logan
    Both guardians
    Infinity war
    Endgame
    Thor ragnarok
    Both Deadpools
    Venom

Shazam is my favorite dc movie along with the original Superman movies and the Keaton Batmans. + joker

#173 tmoney1101, Mar 20, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
    jiggyfly and RKREBORN like this.
  14. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

SHOCKER!!!

:cool:

15. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Hey, what ya doing over here from the Marvel section...welcome bruh ;)

16. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Finally finished watching it last night... the Snyder cut was worth the hype.

The battle scenes were so much better than Whedon's version, especially the final battle and eliminating the storyline of superman and the flash stopping mid fight with the big bad to rescue some civilians.

The original coloring/shading was so much better than Whedon's glowy, orange colored backdrops. Loved the blood and violence and definitely appreciated the R - content versus Whedons pg-13 content.

The story of all the characters were so much better told/detailed.

The few negatives of the movies IMO were length/pacing (though it isnt that big of a deal if you treat it as a mini-series or two episodes) and perhaps could've used a bit more humor or personality. Lastly the epilogue doomsday scene with joker/batman etc was somewhat interesting but seems out of place as the ending to this story - especially since we know we won't get any more synder DC projects.

I'd probably still rank a few superhero films above this ( WW 1, First and last Avengers, Logan, Spiderman 2, Guardians 1, Nolans 2nd Batman) but its definitely in my top 5-10.

#176 blahblehblah, Mar 20, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
    clos4life and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  17. Buck Turgidson

The proper grammar is "Captains America".

Silly Aggie, are you one of those art history dropouts @tinman keeps talking about?

18. TimDuncanDonaut

It's a mix for me. More positives than negatives, but there were some blemishes.

Negatives:
    * 4:3 raitio, I prefer wide. Not sure why Snyder made this choice.

* Too many slow motion cuts. One of the negatives for fan loved 300. There are scenes that did it well, like the WW opening fight hostage scene. It had slow and fast mo; mixed, in contrast made the action kinetic. But after that, he used slow mo in mundane places, that was unnecessary. When a director over does it, the effect also makes less impact on scense that do warrant it. For a character like Flash, who's supposed to be fast, so many of his CGI scenes were slow-mo.

* Cringy beginning dialogue between Barry Allen and his dad, and Victor and his Dad. The dialogue are fo exposition, still it was cringe. This was the case in the original cut, but here it's dragged out. It's a combination of bad dialogue and the actors not able to save it. Luckily, as the movie went on; I appreciated Flash and Cyborg more.

* Funny scenes removed, I know most preferred Snyder over Whedon, but I missed some of the funny scenes in Joss-tice League. Barry drawing a mustache on the guy in line when visiting Dad in prison. Aquaman sitting on Lasso scene. Flash and Superman racing in end credit scene.

Positives:
    * The extra scenes. One of the main reasons folks tuned in.
    • More Darkseid. (Granny Goodness in the back)
    • Iris West cameo
    • Original Henry Cavil scenes (and removal of the digitally mustache CGI)
    • Martian Manhunter cameo (nice if it was a setup of the JL getting expanded in members)
    • Re-arrange of nightmare scene
    • Re-arrange of Stephenwolf death fight
    • Longer fight scenes, Amazon/Atlantis/WW hostage scene.
    • Longer flashback scene of Earth tribes (including Greek gods, and Lantern) fighting Darkseid's first attempt.

* Side characters shine - Movie while slow at times, did have more room to breath. Character motivation are better depicted, instead of just hinted at. Why Bruce was assembling the league (guilt of Soup cans getting killed). Why Flash and Cyborg joined.

* Steppenwolf - better realized. A failed general trying to get in good graces with Darkseid again.
    * Anti-life equation - added as a plot device as to why they're interested at earth.
    * For the fans. The cut was lobbied by the Fans to WB to release. Studios listen in this rare case, so it's a win for the community.

Overall, I did enjoy it. But probably won't re-watch as much.

Invisible Fan and Ziggy like this.
  19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

99ers got MBAs and love the NBA
    @Ziggy

20. Buck Turgidson

95% of MBAs are 100% of the Communications degrees of the 90's and later.

Phi Slama Jam'ers don't truck with that nonsense.