1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Report: Rockets hope to trade future draft assets for ‘foundation piece’

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Mar 18, 2021.

1. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Again if there is any year to suck this is it. Shortened season. No fans in the stands. People still aren't overly concerned about Basketball when most of the world is still figuring out their finances/ employment status. It's a rough one for everyone not just Rockets and Rockets fans. I'm hoping to get either Mobley or Cade. The other guys seem be just good players just nothing to build around. Mobley is amazing because of his ball handling abilities for his height. I also believe he isn't afraid to shoot the three and does it at a very good clip. If we do get Mobley I'd trade Wood and 2022 pick for Cade. Cade KPJ Mobley MartinJr and tate coming off the bench will be scary as hell.

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Mobley is not a NBA 5 yet.

Plays more like a 3, not even a 4.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  3. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

Hunter was breaking out this year before his injury - would be an amazing get, but I can't imagine he is available. But to be fair, I have no idea what Atlanta has planned with all those wings (Hunter, Huerter, Reddish, Bogdanovic, Gallo). Maybe one of them will spring free

Minny is another potential trade partner - a little tougher to see them give up a young piece, since they are dwelling in the basement with us, but they do have a lot of wings. Edwards is clearly their future, so Beasley (red flags), Okogie (no PT) or Culver (is he even good?) may be expendable.

4. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Beasley and Culver are both interesting to me. One definitely more so than the other. Beasley has some baggage, but he’s a case of great bang for the buck. Basically giving you Buddy Hield numbers at half of the price. It’s enough to grab my attention.

That said, not a smart move for a rebuilding team. We should probably be looking to shed non-needle moving, long-term salary. But it doesn’t hurt to weigh your options.

joshuaao likes this.
  5. raining threes

I'm watching Kai Jones right now.

He reminds me so much of Robert Horry when he was in college. Superior athlete, really good defensive ability and can cover defensively the 3 thru 5 spots. Can shoot the 3 a little bit too.

DaDakota likes this.
  6. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Lol wtf..... The first pick we give up will probably end up being a better player than Herro. Once again that dude is trash.

fattz and D-rock like this.
  7. Joe Willie

Joe Willie Member

I with you on that one. I don’t understand the bizarre obsession with this guy. He is average at best.

8. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Feel like everyone just hoping he's the next great white sensation. But that is unlikely to happen. He's closer to a bust than a star. He needs to be elite offensively to make up for everything else and his TS% is terrible.

9. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

We were using 6'4 Tate at Center and Tucker 6'5 at Center and you're going to tell me someone at 7' and who's peen is hanging at most people's eye level is not an NBA Center?

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Yep.

Height is important but not as important as a strong base to defend the post.

And Mobley's skillset is more suited to SF at this time.

Not saying he cannot be a 5 but at this time he is better suited to play outside, more of a face up game, rather than inside or a back to basket game.

11. fattz

fattz Member

Martin has been a solid piece on a value contract. No need to over pay for Herro. “Be the team that finds them not pays them”. That said, Herro seems to good player.

12. PatBev

PatBev Member

How about we draft our foundational piece

13. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

In what sense? What is he good at? People fell in love with him cuz he had a few good games in the bubble playoffs. But his stats are horrible. You would think he'd be a 45% three pointer shooter the way people are putting him on a pedestal.

He reminds me a lot of Jeremy Lin and everyone on this board hates Jeremy Lin. Caught fire for a stretch and everyone thought he was awesome. Then was never the same.

#193 RHU525, Mar 21, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2021
    hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  14. Le$$

Le$$ Member

If you bring in Cade, and over the summer trade for a star. Could be a fun team next season.

15. caneks

caneks Rookie

The front office has no vision, no approach.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Um...like...I get you...uh...so...like...like...um...for sure.

*blinks*

*looks away*

*eyes bulging*

coachbadlee likes this.
  17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

You expected vision and approach from a Tilman Fertitta owned team?

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  18. fattz

fattz Member

Or we are very fluid because we have no leverage in most situations. It’s almost impossible to call the shots when we are on the outside looking in.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Exactly. I am not sure if they are good or not but other than trade for dipo, I cant say they screwed anything up at this point. I could care less if the gm knows how to interview, let's see what he does when he doesn't have a **** storm thrown at him. You know the one Morey saw coming and bailed.

hakeem94 and fattz like this.
  20. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I wonder if this is still the plan after they stole Kelly Olynyk? Surely he's the foundational piece we've been looking for.

CriscoKidd and mikenm268 like this.