1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rumor Mill/Trade Talks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, Mar 7, 2021.

1. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Rockets don't care how good Wood is now, they care about how good he will be in 3 years. By then, he'll be making almost triple, so one could argue his value decreases 60%. I would listen to offers, but that Minny pick is very risky.

2. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I like this deal just because it fits our timeline better. As much as I like wood I’d like him more at 22 with the same production.

Ming The King and juanming like this.
  3. Boston84

Boston84 Member

i don’t think the rockets should have any untouchable guys. Woods price should be highway robbery to get him but if someone offers the moon? I’d seriously consider it. He’s the big positive and playing amazing for you guys but in 2 years he’ll massively outperform his current deal and want a max and jn 2 years after losing for 2 years may leave via free agency anyways.

just different timelines. I’m not saying sell low or take a **** deal at all. He should bring you a haul but if a haul comes knocking I’d be more than open to it

joshuaao, BallaDoc, Nook and 6 others like this.
  4. Le$$

Le$$ Member

As a rental Knicks might like this. This is the perfect time for this trade imo.

Noel + Ntilikina plus that 2023 top 5 dallas pick

For

Victor, and Ben Mclemore.

5. treyk3

treyk3 Member

With what the Rockets just got for PJ, I am more confident than ever they are willing to hold on to Oladipo if the offers aren’t there. Basically they didn’t have the luxury with PJ to wait much longer and they got super creative to create value.

Just a year ago Morey gave up a SRP and Jordan Bell for a half season rental of Bruno Caboclo. Contenders even with smart GMs make shortsighted moves. Stone has the luxury of patience and it’s a sight to see.

#825 treyk3, Mar 18, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
    joshuaao, DonKnock, ElPigto and 3 others like this.
  6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I would be very happy if that were to materialize, though I don't think it will even come close to that.

7. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Knox, Frank, FRP would be the lowest offer I could imagine. Knox is probably not even a NBA rotational level player. Frank I love.

joshuaao and saleem like this.
  8. sydmill

sydmill Member

Unless NYK are serious about preserving their cap space for a post buyout Drummond, this deal seems pretty damn good for both sides. Dipo gives the another vet who can be a plus player for their playoff run at a pretty low cost. The Rockets take a flyer on Knox as a reclamation project and FN gets an audition to be a long term rotation piece in the backcourt. The prize is obviously the pick. Maybe another Eddie Griffin type deal where the Rockets consolidate picks to move up to the top 10 or 15?

9. riko

riko Member

Spencer Dinwiddie to the Heat rumour might hinder Dipo to the heat as both are combo guards and the heat might see Dinwiddie a cheaper option.

D-rock, Nook and saleem like this.
  10. treyk3

treyk3 Member

@Deuce

From NBA Supes on Hawk Sqwuak

Snell and Huerter for Oladipo is interesting. Not sure I like a 6-7 guy with a 6-8 wingspan as my 3 so he's probably locked in at the 2. Would be an interesting pairing with KPJ. I'd prefer Collins but I'm not sure Atlanta would budge.

11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Rumor me this, rumor me that. Last rumor I heard about Dinwiddie is that he won't return this season.
    (Here's a link to the rumor you mention.)

https://sports.yahoo.com/heat-among-teams-interested-nets-113330879.html

I can see a non-playoff team going for him. Don't the Heat want to compete while Butler is still intact?

Maybe Miami is trying to make Stone s*** or get off the pot, who knows.

D-rock likes this.
  12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

@Clutch you said you want a shooter. Well how about Kevin Huerter?

BHannes2BHonest and 18pbr like this.
  13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Good find. Even if it all amounts to naught, it's interesting.

Mr Woods, Deuce and saleem like this.
  14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Dipo is semi fit, but they can go after him in the off season if they wish to do so without giving up any assets. Dinwiddie is cheaper, but he won't be able to play this season. Riley probably might gamble on him regaining fitness.

15. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

I don't really know if this dude is legit. He was like 100% wrong this off-season wasn't he?

16. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Hawks seem like an added team to watch due to Nate McMillan taking the helm and finding success.

I really want John Collins and would be more than happy throw Portland's FRP at them to get it done.

I don't know to be honest. It's why guys like @Codman @cyberx are selective in what they share. This stuff is just things they hear. Unless the deal is done it's hard to know what's going to happen.

DonKnock likes this.
  17. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Would love this trade if they throw in a FRP as well. Huerter is like getting a late FRP. Snell is worth re-signing if he comes at a reasonable price. The man can really shoot.

18. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

A KPJ-Huerter backcourt possibility is interesting. Lots of 3s and steals.

19. Nook

Nook Member

Ownership in Atlanta has put a lot of pressure on the organization to start winning. They really aren’t going to be happy with another lottery season.

They have had Huerter in trade discussions in the past so it would make sense that they would now as well.

20. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Duncan is a possibility in a Dipo trade.

Dipo for Iggy or Kelly, Duncan and KZ Okpala would be great for me.

I'm one of the few here who would be more than happy to give him the Ryan Anderson special.

Team isn't competing any time soon, I'd love to watch an elite shooter.

IF the Harden return dream scenario happens, having the top 4 pick, KPJ, KZ Okpala, Duncan and Wood next to him wouldn't be a bad start.

joshuaao likes this.