1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Tony buzbee filing lawsuit against Deshaun Watson? Hints at mistreating women

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Kemahkeith

Kemahkeith Member
    Supporting Member

Just My conspiracy theory. Take with many grains of salt.
    Get your lawyer buddy to bring the civil suit.
    Firmly put your backing behind your disgruntled QB.
    Mysteriously case is dropped.
    DeShawn loves you again because of your non wavering support. All is forgiven and DeShawn gets re baptized in Buffalo Bayou.
    Just something outlandish to chew on.
    OR IS IT????????

ipaman likes this.
  2. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Or, what if Cal backs DW through this, which infuriates easterby and his moral superiority all, forcing easterby to purge himself of the texans and quit.

One can hope, but your scenario is more likely

Sooty likes this.
  3. conquistador#11

I was hoping it was Cal at the massage parlors.
    With this 'culture' anything goes.
    And we still have to listen to the masseuse. She/he deserves to explain her/his side

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'mma let the dust settle on this one.

I will say this. All the "He would never do this..." kind of stuff slides right off me. We don't know these guys, hell, when they get in the league smoe of these guys don't know themselves. You find out a lot about someone when you give them bags of money and could bags of money make a 24-25 year old treat women a little differently than he has? Sure. Almost all of the athletes taken down by this kind of thing were, in the public, model citizens and rolemodels.

With that said, I don't believe it and there's something odd going on here about this.

This benefits the Texans if the goal is to keep him because the idea here is it would be a chance for the organization to stand behind him. If it turns out to be a serious allegation and it's more of the tame variety (Verbal harassment or something) then he doesn't lose much value...but it becomes a chance for Cal to show he stands behind him. This is why people think this is fishy.

It only becomes bigger than the team if the NFL decides they will discipline him.

I think it's likely though that this is just some money grab and the Texans have nothing to do with it. At least I hope this is the case.

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

There are far more people leaking stuff to the media about Easterby. Watson doesn’t have to do much on that front.

hell, just look at his falsified resume and experience and tell me if he’s qualified to be an EVP of a football team?

Sooty likes this.
  6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

The timing and the fact it's Buzbee make this really, really suspicious.

But this is why courts exist. We'll find out pretty quickly whether Buzbee is full of **** or not.

Sidenote, if this is even remotely adjacent to the Texans' organization in its origins, the offices on Kirby will need to be razed to the ground, the earth salted, and a shaman brought in to seal the portal to hell before anyone will ever trust a professional football franchise in Houston again.

ElPigto likes this.
  7. Dirt Road

Dirt Road Member

At least he didn't use Correa's masseuse.

8. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I just don’t think there is any way that anyone in the Texans organization is associated with this. They’re dumb, incompetent and whatever term you wish to use but they’re not or have never been devious or spiteful.
    This helps them in no way, in any situation.

The other thing to consider is why would Buzbee take this? The guy is a top 5 richest lawyer in America with a huge win percentage. The percentage of money he would get is chump change and a loss that high profile would be damaging to his reputation of winning for the little guys.

To me that is the scary part. Everything I’ve read and my gut says Watson wouldn’t do anything like that.

Hank McDowell and Dirt Road like this.
  9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I think it's safe to say that the Texans' organization is fairly foreign to us now that Easterby and Cal are in charge.

We had a pretty good read on Bob, but not this new crew (other than rank incompetence).

Combination of egomania and spiteful butt-hurt.

Gun to my head, I think Buzbee is bluffing and has no intention of going to trial.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  10. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I mean that’s fair. The damage is done already to Watson and the Texans.

If they’re dumb enough to risk being anywhere associated with something as toxic as a potential sexual assault case, they are risking their entire franchise ownership. Just don’t see that happening.

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I agree it would be a bit of a 'cutting off the nose to spite the face' move, which is why I find it very unlikely, but the fact it's even a possibility in many peoples' eyes just tells you so much about the general opinion of Cal, Easterby, and the Texans organization as a whole.

13. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

If this is what happened, this is a bunch of bullshit. No assault. Asked for a rub and tug, she said no, he left.

Xopher likes this.
  14. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Fully agree. But the converse is also true. If Watson's camp dishonestly attacked Cal McNair or Jack Easterby's character, and Watson blessed the plan, then Watson should be out of the league.

That's the dirty part of public relations. These allegations are just floated out there without any type of justice or accountability... it's all done in the court of public opinion, the media takes sides and people have hidden agendas. That's why you need a strong, professional PR presence. If I were advising the Texans, I would tell them to 1) Change PR firms; 2) Get the best one possible.

15. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

What if this is all a ploy by Deshaun to force the Texans to move him. Think about it, he manufactures some bad publicity that goes against the moral code of Easterby and the Texans and they have no choice but to get rid of him. He gets traded, and the lawyer comes out and says his client withdraws the allegations and that it was a mistake or something like that. Deshaun gets a new team without that team having to over pay because of his perceived lost value and in the end his reputation isn't harmed as long as no one realizes he is behind it.

[​IMG]

(Disclaimer: I don't believe any of this but it seems about as feasible as the Texans being behind it)

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Watson getting his friends and family to call somebody a butthole is not really the same as the Texans getting some lawyer to file a fraudulent lawsuit against him.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  18. SuraGotMadHops

Buzbee is an obnoxious egotistical arrogant turd.

That said he is a respected lawyer and is not known to file frivolously. But anytime a person with these types of allegations forego criminal charges and go straight to civil lawsuits, it's clearly about the money.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  19. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

On the contrary. Watsons friends and family did far more than call Easterby a butthole. They demanded that he be fired. One could credibly argue that this has a more severe impact on Easterby than the lawsuit has on Watson.

20. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

[​IMG]

ima_drummer2k and cmoak1982 like this.