1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thousands of unaccompanied minors cross into U.S.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by asianballa23, Mar 16, 2021.

1. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

2. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I am concerned about this issue. It seems like the administration was ****ing up things last week when a story was released that the kids were not being social distanced and were sleeping on the floor.

It seems that administration is working with FEMA now to get some more help. Overall, this a tough situation and the right answer to me is to help out these children that are being sent unaccompanied. I'm disappointed that the administration was not prepared for the huge influx of kids that were going to come, that deserves criticism IMO.

3. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

maybe you can adopt some then?

Ubiquitin likes this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

#BidensBorderCrisis

Open borders! Come one, come all!

#4 J.R., Mar 17, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
  5. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I agree, I am concerned but at the same time Biden had been in office less then 60 days, we cant expect everything to be fixed in the blink of of an eye, most of this was a leftover F`d up policy and structure by Trump, does it need to be fixed, absolutely. At least were not snatching kids away from there parents and locking them in cages. These are kids crossing alone, the last thing I would want is to turn them away but I also agree we cant let everyone in. Its a delicate situation but one that needs to be addressed quickly

Nook likes this.
  6. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I agree about Biden's time in office, however, I would think they could of forecasted this happening. I don't want to excuse his administration for being caught unprepared for the huge influx of unaccompanied children. It looks like they are trying to rectify the situation and I certainly appreciate that, but there does seem to be a lack of transparency and he has talked all the time about being transparent.

7. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

We’re in the middle of a pandemic...Biden should’ve left it as it was and everyone gets turned back until a real plan could be put in place.

Astrodome likes this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

They need something to complain about, and it is predictable that Republican law makers are going to go at Biden... but it isn't going to work, no one believes that McConnell or McCarthy or Cruz give a **** about the people on the border.

This has been a problem for many decades and other than people living on the US side of the immediate US side of the border, it wasn't an issue. President Trump made it an issue, and at this point it IS an issue so there should be some definitive immigration changes.... ideally DACA and other agreements, but the reality is that the Republicans do not want to compromise, they haven't since Obama so nothing major will happen... likewise Biden would rather not touch it until after the mid terms.

dmoneybangbang and Amiga like this.
  9. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

conquistador#11, B-Bob and DFWRocket like this.
  10. HTM

HTM Member

Has there ever really be a marked difference between how group of migrants apprehended at/near the border were processed during the Obama/Trump/Biden administrations or was that just a Republicans are evil racist Nazis thing? And now everyone is back to not caring?

Astrodome likes this.
  11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It's funny. Even Trump and Jeff Sessions themselves explicitly told you they created a "zero tolerance" policy that seperated every child from their guardian at the border regardless of context.

This is referring to unaccompanied minors. Pay attention.

12. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Some changes under Trump that I can remember on top of my head:

Family separation policy is a real thing, designed to discourage folks to cross over.

Asylum seeker must stay in Mexico or elsewhere to process their claims.

Took resources (judges and border patrol) away from handling asylum seekers, from focusing on hard-core principles to handling everyone crossing the border and all low-level crimes as hard-core criminals deserving of deportation.

Not allowing lawyers easy access to asylum seekers.

Changes in funding and policies where the goal was to stabilize the southern countries where most of these migrants are escaping violence and persecution.

'Invasion, murderers, rapists' might be the biggest of all to sell a narrative.

B-Bob, dmoneybangbang, Nook and 2 others like this.
  13. HTM

HTM Member

I fail to see how an "accompanied" minor should be given different treatment then an unaccompanied minor who shows up at the border.

Who is to say that the adults accompanying that minor are actually their parents/relative/ rightful guardian? Why should anyone's claim to a child be taken at face value under such circumstances knowing what we know about human trafficking, cartels etc.

Astrodome likes this.
  14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

SO what is the solution ? anyone?

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The kids that go with them? Seriously... You asked for the difference and I gave you the difference. And if you believe that 100% of families that come to the border are trafficking kids you base too much of your reality from action movies and thrillers.

You honestly believe 100% of all children that come up with adults are being trafficked? You SERIOUSLY believe that?

dmoneybangbang and Nook like this.
  16. HTM

HTM Member

Almost none of your responses answer my question. It's just a list of other complaints you wanted to get off your chest.

"Has there ever really be a marked difference between how group of migrants apprehended at/near the border were processed during the Obama/Trump/Biden administrations?"

"Families" should be separated at the border.

People have a misconstrued idea of what actually occurs down there.

Who is to say who is a family? Who is to say this child is the child of the person claiming them? How do we know they aren't actually a victim of human trafficking?

17. HTM

HTM Member

No, and I didn't ever claim that you dolt. Can you read?

How can you discern who should be staying with who and who shouldn't? You believe human trafficking isn't occuring? You believe every child claimed by an adult at the border is their actual child? You have no idea what actually occurs down there.

Astrodome likes this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

19. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Those to me are marked differences that make a difference.

If it doesn't answer your questions in the way you want it to be, so be it, no need to call it as just me complaining because you don't like it.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  20. HTM

HTM Member

It just doesn't answer my question with regards to the procedure of processing detained persons at the border.