1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Good luck sitting on UPS while the tumble weeds blow by. Been there, fam. Lulz, jk, jk. Well... not kidding, but kidding. I think the market IS trending back towards value BUT there's still probably plenty of juice in growth. Bubbles last a long time. :cool:

2. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Good day for UUUU

Ziggy likes this.
  3. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

4. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Fulgent Genetics Awarded Contract from CDC to Study Variants of COVID-19 Virus
    Agreement leverages Fulgent’s Next Generation Sequencing (“NGS”) capabilities for genomic sequencing to aid in ongoing research of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19
    https://www.globenewswire.com/news-...-CDC-to-Study-Variants-of-COVID-19-Virus.html

Yes! Significant because it's for NGS, which is their core product, not the normal covid test. Up 15% today. If it's still up tmr I may trim a bit to sell the news. This could see more volatility over fears of declining revenue in 2022.

5. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Any real value in RCL, NCLH, or CCL with summer fast approaching?

6. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

This isn't a price prediction, anything can happen in this crazy market and story matters more than fundamentals in short term.

Glancing at CCL projections, it looks the opposite of value to me... Analyst estimate is -$4 a share in 2021, +$0.38 a share in 2022, +$1.61 in 2023. Bulls will say price is still off pre-pandemic highs, but their balance sheet is a lot worse now too. $11bn debt in 2019, projected $22bn debt in 2021. Unless there are some special catalysts beyond just normal reopening (i wouldn't know, don't follow the stock), i'm staying out...

STR8Thugg and Sajan like this.
  7. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Any ideas for good buys in the telecommunications industry?

8. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Any reason for UUUU? Did you check out CCJ and UEC? What's the best way to play this? I've been holding PESI, but that's more of a downstream waste processing company that won't benefit if there's a supply shortage.

9. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

AAPL looking good?

10. thegary

thegary Member

I added a little last week. Has to go up at some point...

saitou likes this.
  11. adoo

adoo Member

yip, i have 3 credit spreads (currently under water) on it.

the bounce off the bottom channel has given me hope;
    there might be a chance they'll expire worthless B4 the late Apr ERS, thus i get to keep all the premium that i had collected in advance.

[​IMG]

saitou likes this.
  12. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

do you think it can get to $150 by end of year? bought Jan 22 $130 strike calls for $11.50 last week. not sure what to do now, was thinking i would accumulate as if it went down further. doesn't look like it's going down now; and more expensive/risky to add here...

#15873 saitou, Mar 16, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2021
  13. adoo

adoo Member

this chart looks better than AAPL's

[​IMG]

went on a scouting mission of sorts to test the water, placed an order to sell a Jan 2022 300 strike "covered" call for $6.7. was filled within a minute.
    there are people who think MSFT will be above 300 by year-end

w that knowledge, will construct higher strike bullish PUT spreads on Mr. Softy​

Sajan and saitou like this.
  14. thegary

thegary Member

I am hoping so and if it does I’ll probably bail unless there is some momentum (maybe regarding EV). It’s just not a growth stock and I am risk on.

saitou likes this.
  15. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I'm still messing with Nokia - it's essentially a savings account/like playing with your money on the sidelines, haha.

I did okay moving calls yesterday on it but with the float it's a snails pace until some really crazy news pushes it. $3.90-4 I feel is still the bottom for the most part and with new contracts it should eventually move up and not be linked to memes hopefully. There's definitely better plays out there though.

16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I hate it when the nasdaq is up and all of my growth stuff is down. I mean wtf :(

17. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

for me it's only megacaps, semis and low p/e stuff that's up. all the cloud/bio down.

18. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Member

I took a small position in CHD and will scale up if it breaks out into an upward trendline. They're a CPG company that owns Arm&Hammer cleaning products so I feel they have low downside, and my catalyst is that they own Trojan condoms. My bet is that people are gonna be hooking up like crazy the next 1-2 years so condom sales are going to sky rocket. They also own Nair, and ladies are going to have to get rid of that arm and leg hair now that everyone can start partying again soon.

saitou likes this.
  19. adoo

adoo Member

CRWD's ERS was conducted after market-closing today.

It reported earnings that topped estimated, reporting $264.9M in revenue and an adjusted EPS of 13 cents.
    This topped Street estimates of $250.5M in revenue and an adjusted EPS of 9 cents
    [​IMG]

in after-hour trading, CRWD was traded as high as ~205​

saitou likes this.