1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans acquire OL Marcus Cannon in trade with NE

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Hank McDowell, Mar 14, 2021.

1. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

For draft swaps. Fills another need...

Uprising, Rudyc281 and UTSA2step like this.
  2. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Not a bad deal. I like it. Kick Howard down to guard.

Uprising, Rudyc281, Houstunna and 2 others like this.
  3. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

He’s a little old and missed all last season, but he’s a legitimate NFL lineman so it’s hard to complain much.

Rudyc281 and Houstunna like this.
  4. vjohnson

vjohnson Member

I guess this may be a good move idk but he is making moves just hope they are better than our previous GM’s moves

BigShasta and Rudyc281 like this.
  5. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Uprising and Rudyc281 like this.
  6. Fantasma Negro

I'm assuming he's going to play right guard

Rudyc281 likes this.
  7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

How Christian is he?

8. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I know you were being sarcastic, but....

Faith

A family of faith, the Cannons raised their children to have a personal relationship with God and not despise small beginnings. Their faith was soon tested when Marcus Cannon was projected to be a first-round NFL pick until it was discovered that he had Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma at the pre-draft combine in Indianapolis in 2011.

“We had a lot of family and friends from church praying for us,” Ebbie Cannon said. “We had people standing behind us and praying with us. We had fears because it was an unknown, it was a shock to hear my son was diagnosed with cancer. We never had anyone in our family have cancer before, so it was a shock to hear, cancer. It shook our world a little bit. Our faith in God, we believe that our faith in God got us through and that this will soon pass.”

Ebbie feels like a lot of people don’t endure things and they don’t stick to it. He feels like people look at God as a microwave God, and you pray to him two days and boom, it is supposed to happen on the third day. He believes that faith is a lifestyle and that it is important to have a personal relationship with God to help with any adversity they might go through in life.

“Marcus relies on God completely,” Ebbie Cannon said. “I think his faith propels him week to week against the person he is playing against.”

Nook, Uprising and Rudyc281 like this.
  9. Joe Willie

Joe Willie Member

Wow...

Nook and Rudyc281 like this.
  10. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

Ick. Ugh. Yet another guy who will drink the Kool-Aid without question. Disgusting.

airflights92 likes this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

This **** is comical.

Maybe Watson needs to come out as an atheist so he gets traded.

12. T for 3

T for 3 Member

See, this is why we got Caserio!!! He's building a Dynasty!! We did a deal with NE!!!! So awesome!! Patriots South baby!!!!!

13. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

I've been hoping that we'd hear from somewhere that it was actually our second 4th rounder we're giving up (both teams have multiple 4th's) instead of our 1st (pick 109).

I really hate giving that pick up, even in a swap!
    It's at a great spot, coming at the top of day 3.
    There's usually 4-5 quality players who make it there and we would have had the option of at least 1.
    I haven't seen a single mock draft this year that didn't have at least 4-6 players available there that I really like.
    Plus other teams may be salivating for that "1 guy" sitting there that slipped through the cracks and be willing to overpay in that moment.

As it stands we drop 11 spots in the 4th round, 11 in the 5th and 7 in the 6th.
    Using the "mythical" draft pick value chart that floats around the value we're giving up comes out to a high 5th rounder.
    Been trying to decide if I would rather have given that up (our 5th outright) instead of all the swaps that cost us our high 4th.
    I think I might have just offered BB our 6th rounder period (highest one) and if not they could just cut Cannon and eat his entire salary.

At any rate it will be interesting to see if MC takes over at RT or kicks inside to guard.
    I know he needs to play for at least 2 years or I will see this trade as a fail!

justtxyank likes this.
  14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Hate this deal. Swapping those picks is steep. Guy hasn’t played in a a year. Too high of a price for a guy that was going to get cut

15. ballgame

ballgame Member

You guys are misconstruing Easterby's spill with true Christians! I'm Black and my Mother and almost every Black Mother I know would have said the sam thing as Cannon's. As a matter of fact, every CHRISTIAN, MUSLIM or whatever, be it Black, White , Asian, etc. would say the same thing.Asa matter of fact I 100% GUARANTEE you D-Hop's Mother would say the same thing, DW4's Mother, on and on!

The difference is IF ASKED, a Christian will tell you ALL about God but Jack tells you all about God, whether you ask or not (he tries to sell God to you).

Hank McDowell and cmoak1982 like this.
  16. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

I like having a real General Manager.

17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

this is all irrelevant to a football team, but it’s weird to see someone say that a true Christian would keep it to themselves unless asked.

18. Buck Turgidson

Is it to this one, though? I'm not sure.

Matthew 6

conquistador#11 likes this.
  19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

20. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How's his pass coverage?