1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Funk Tucker Carlson

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Buck Turgidson

"Senators provide civilian oversight."

Tommy Tuberville
    Susan Collins
    Lindsey Graham
    Feinstein
    Ted Cruz
    Tom Cotton
    Rick Scott

Yall have fun.

Nook and FranchiseBlade like this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

And I'm criticizing his unfounded claims based on no experience.

All you are doing is listing job descriptions. Btw, the entire history of Tucker's career can be traced from his parents' wealth and connections, not merit. He doesn't do research on his commentary. He just comments to illicit reaction and massage the preconceived beliefs of brainwashed Individuals.

His journalistic integrity is equivalent to a random reddit comment or tweet. He provides no service to the county besides create division and hatred amongst it's citizens.

Why do you even bother commenting here. We know his proffesion. You regurgitating is pointless. What about your beliefs on what he has to say and whether it decreases moral in our armed services?

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  3. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

yeah, you responded to me saying why a senators resume not having military service doesn't matter. Job descriptions and qualifications are the topic.

I'm allowed to criticize any single military policy I want, just as much as you can. This isn't Starship Troopers.

4. fchowd0311

No you don't have a right. I'm going to come to your door and drag you out:confused:

The conservative go to line when their ideas are challenged: "I have a right to my speech".

No **** sherlock. This is a debate and discussion forum so Im expecting people to explain their positions. If you chose not to and I ask what is your purpose here, I'm not invalidating your right to speech dumbass.

So when people make fun of Tucker Carlson's pampered lifestyle and never having any sincere work in his entire life while criticizing women in the military, we aren't limiting his speech. We are making fun of him just like he likes making fun of people who disagree with him also. If he's shamed into not being an edgelord anymore, that's his perogative. Bit I doubt he has that self-awareness anyways. Dude couldn't get into Trinity without ****ing a private school's headmaster's daughter, so not exactly the most competent human.

#104 fchowd0311, Mar 15, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2021
    London'sBurning and Nook like this.
  5. Nook

Nook Member

Was Afghanistan and Iraq tough for him?

fchowd0311 likes this.
  6. fchowd0311

Angry tweets directed at him is his personal Vietnam.

7. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I didn't claim you did, I'm using me and you as examples. Military resume of the fourth estate and civilian oversight are completely unimportant ad hominem attacks.

8. fchowd0311

Yes you absolutely did by stating that you have a right to criticize military policy something that no one was arguing against. Yes, we know you are "allowed". Thanks for regurgitating a point no one was arguing against.

Using the term "fourth estate" doesn't magically make someone a subject matter expert in what the military ought to do. Just because he's party of the "fourth estate", doesn't make his criticisms correct. The "fourth estate" is not infallible. Trust fund babies with no sincere experience do exist.

Again, all you are doing here is "ticker carlson has a right to say what he said," an argument no one is arguing against.

9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tucker's lack of military reumé isn't completely unimportant. Having one or a strong one could lend weight to his critiques. However, the lack of a military resumé doesn't automatically discount his criticism.

What DOES discount Tucker's criticism is the fact that he uses dishonest information, ignores the available data and doesn't provide any to back his position.

His criticism is an insult to soldiers who have served.

R0ckets03 and fchowd0311 like this.
  10. fchowd0311

Also seeing as how Fox News is the go to channel displayed on televisions on bases and also has thousands of families with military personnel who regularly watch Tucker, his rheotoric can tangibly decrease military moral. It can give the actual misogynists in the military more clout and bravado in their views and the women less confidence while also being looked down upon more.

#110 fchowd0311, Mar 15, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2021
  11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

12. Buck Turgidson

If I ever saw an animal this lame I'd put it out of it's misery.

13. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

All that doesn't matter, Americans and all their Representatives up to the president have little to no influence on war. Whether congress opposes, millions of Americans protest it or a president tries to end it, they never work. I used to blame Americans for this but through Trump and Obama I understood that this is not on offer to American citizens any more than it is to me where I live. That's to say: we can either start a civil war or stfu, those are the actual options. Spending will go up always and

China lol. Come on dude, the Chinese industrial revolution was almost fully inseminated by the US government injecting dollar and 70% of the profits were deposited in Wall Street. Like clock work, just like the oil kingdoms, just like Japan, just what Saddam and Gaddhafi refused. They're paying the tax, they're not your enemy even if that doesn't preclude them from being a threat. China to the US is what the US was to the UK before the "Boston tea party".

You can never invade China, but China cannot compete with the US in a war. And I mean WAR, which is different than an assault and invasion abroad while your homeland is safe (as was the case with Iraq and Afghanistan). 90% of external military bases in the world are American, less than 1% Chinese. All the countries surrounding China will attack China for the US. No one in the Americas will do that for China. It's unreasonable to even perceive it as competitive.

But this whole female thing is a decoy and it is so amateurish because they just did this in the gulf countries and it was so cringey. Women should get men out of this. They are dying and fighting for nothing. It's no safer than it ever was, the wars have done nothing but swallow the public's money and put it in - you guessed it - Wall Street.

I fear you guys are too captive for a solution to be found within the system. I'm losing hope, I hope Americans are more optimistic than me.

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We won't see him play though.

15. Buck Turgidson

“OK, first, ‘very clear language’ seems like a high bar to clear for a man who spends 85% of his time making the befuddled face of a 13th-century farmer learning about bitcoin"

AleksandarN likes this.
  16. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

It’s exactly the point of the PR stunt Carlson so expertly converted into ratings.

The military doesn’t actually care about women (or men for that matter), they hire Tucker Carlsons everyday and kill innocent women every month for the past 50 YEARS somewhere in the world. Today, the us military will add X more Tucker Carlsons to its roster and a few token female soldiers who have every intention of doing good things and protecting your country but half of them will end up getting molested by those Tucker Carlsons.

The military thought they’d shape up their image by doing this and Carlson despicably took advantage of it. They deserve each other.

You guys deserve better healthcare, education, infrastructure and sovereignty. I’m not focused on the wrong thing, you are.

#116 Mathloom, Mar 16, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2021
  17. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Yall member when the head writer on Tucker's show had to resign in shame after getting outed posting a ton of racist **** on a bbs in the most unsurprising surprise of all time?

https://apnews.com/article/acdc9fa8f5cf7010d5f70d8958d47c50

It feels like forever ago, but it was only July. That's coronatime for you I guess.

BigM likes this.
  18. fchowd0311

That isn't the point.

Dude, no American has the stomach for wars anymore. You are severely out of touch.

Doesn't mean Americans don't deserve a defense force and women have honorably served this nation. Stop interjecting non-sequiturs. Create another thread.

19. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Carlson was denigrating women who serve honorably in our military. Women who quite likely could be supporters of Trump or vote Republican. Women who have fathers, brothers and other family members that may support Trump or vote Republican. Why attack or insult those people that may even tune into his show? Seems like a very ill-advised take in that regard.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  20. fchowd0311

Because tHe fOuRtH eSTaTe. I think he just learned of that term yesterday and is practicing using it.