1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2020-2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Nov 3, 2020.

1. sogood.

sogood. Member

and San Antonio wouldn't take Williams and that first round pick for themselves instead of a washed up 36 year old why?

2. Landry's Tooth

Haliburton... higher scoring efficiency, just as many assists...

Luka just had him beat in rebounds, field goal attempts, and age (1 year younger).

Not saying he is, just that he could be and giving him the minutes luka was given could prove it. Haliburton has a higher ts% than luka has had in any season of his career... and he's 20-21....

3. Landry's Tooth

Obviously referring to production and not style of play...

Look them up side by side per 36...

4. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Did you miss the part where I said best case scenario for Rox... not likely scenario

Maybe Spurs value a vet who is focused on the intangibles (team work, defense, professionalism, etc.) and is bought in... I don't know... once again, best case scenario for Rox

5. fattz

fattz Member

In: Wiggins, Wiseman, Toppin & Knox
    Out: Oladipo, Gordon, Tucker, Exum, House
    kick start the process with some youth already in the league. Yes some, really most have underperformed but no promises on what we draft either. New team and understanding will help everyone we pick up. Draft choices all need time by picking up these players we are just starting the process already in motion.

GSW
    In: Oladipo, Tucker, Exum
    Out: Wiggins & Wiseman
    They clean their cap & get one last run out of their core next season —> cost a talented big & a maxed out average player. The return is playable and all expiring. They could sign & trade Oladipo, too.

NYK
    In: Gordon & House
    Out: Toppin & Knox
    Gordon and House may be able to get them to second round when blended with their team. Both are exactly what the Knicks are missing. Moves them into now vs the some day. Yes Toppin and Knox are lottery picks but how long will the Knicks wait on development when their coach is ready to win now? The length of the contracts match up. Knox’s is starting to get a bust label.

6. treyk3

treyk3 Member

@D-rock Heat v Magic with Okpala starting is the perfect scouting game

Rudyc281 and D-rock like this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Will try to catch it.

Family obligations are a pain.

treyk3 likes this.
  8. Boston84

Boston84 Member

no, he can’t be lol. Luka is generational talent. Halliburton is gonna have a real good career. spoiler alert; he’s not Luka

D-rock likes this.
  9. Boston84

Boston84 Member

no thanks. Ainge already said if they use the tpe it’s gonna be for someone with multiple years on a deal. I’d have interest in Aldridge as a buyout not using the tpe Robert Williams and a 1st for a 35 year old who can leave in 3 months

10. jch1911

jch1911 Member

So... that's a maybe? lol.... all good... just spit ballin

D-rock and Boston84 like this.
  11. Landry's Tooth

He might be better than Luka, he might be worse... so far he's on par... better in some things, worse in some things, and about the same in others...

It's hard to take you seriously when you're not even citing a factual basis for your opinion.

12. Boston84

Boston84 Member

ifs hard to take me seriously says the guy who thinks Halliburton is going to be good as Luka.....holy ****

xaos and D-rock like this.
  13. Landry's Tooth

Just for my own entertainment...

Comparing Luke's second season with Haliburton's rookie season (both age 20-21) at either %, per 36 minutes on counting stats, and advanced:

FG%: Haliburton
    2pt fg%: Haliburton
    3pt fg%: Haliburton
    FT%: Haliburton
    EFG%: Haliburton
    Points/36: Doncic
    Assists/36: Doncic
    Rebounds/36: Doncic
    FG Attempts/36: Doncic
    Turnovers/36: Doncic
    TS%: Haliburton
    TRB%: Doncic
    AST%: Doncic
    STL%: Haliburton
    BLK%: Haliburton
    Usage: Doncic
    TOV%: Doncic

It's about even when you consider a few of the things Doncic beats Haliburton at are negative. Here's Haliburton per 36:

15.8 Points
    6.4 Assists
    4.3 Rebounds
    TS%: 60.8%

Luka is clearly better... but Haliburton is also a rookie. He's a year older than Luka but he also has had less professional experience.

Consider Luka's per 36 rookie numbers:

23.7 Points
    6.7 Assists
    8.7 Rebounds
    3.8 Tunovers
    TS%: 54.5%

A lot of what makes Luka look better is his much higher usage % and taking a rate of 50% more shot attempts per game.

As I said, if Haliburton is given playing time and can hold up his efficiency, he's ROY and viewed in the same light as Luka.

Luka didn't have other guys taking shots from him. There are 3 players taking more shots than Haliburton on the Kings. If Luka was put in that situation his scoring would be WAY down.

Let me put it this way since you are so offended by any comparison to Luka... if you're a free agent and a team had Ja Morant, TWO max cap spaces, and 2 lottery picks; would that not be attractive potential as a super team? I like that better than the Clippers situation. I'm not saying it would happen; I'm saying how I would see things if I were in that situation.

14. Landry's Tooth

So saying something could happen is laughable since you know the future?

Did I get that right?

ROOKIE Tyrese Haliburton is out-shooting CURRENT Doncic at all levels... 2pt, 3pt, FT, EFG, TS%. Your obsession with counting stats tells me you don't care about modern basketball...

No need to be so offended. I get it, you don't follow the NBA much and Haliburton is a nobody to you. I would have thought his efficiency as a rookie matching Harden's career would have caught your attention... let the guy get some more playing time and see what he can do...

15. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

This is precisely the type of deal we should be doing. Well done.

You take the expiring Harden pieces along with a couple players that have no future here, and you convert them into Hampton, Precious **and** another FRP?

Probably too good to be true, but the perfect trade for the moment. It makes us weaker in the short-term (if you can even fathom the thought). We get two young prospects, a FRP and Harris’ contract that will be expiring after next year.

Which means your net return for Harden becomes Hampton, Precious + 5 FRP’s + 4 swaps. Absolutely brilliant for a team that’s completely mailing it in this season and looking to rebuild through the draft.

sydmill likes this.
  16. Boston84

Boston84 Member

haliburton is a nobody ? I wanted the Celtics to get him and hoped he dropped to us he’s a very good player. U can show me all the stats in the world dude, look at the eye test, ask any scout or gm or coach or player. Luka is a generational talent. Haliburton is a good player who will have a very good career. He’s not a franchise cornerstone mvp candidate.

You have no clue what you’re talking about man

xaos and D-rock like this.
  17. Landry's Tooth

Sorry, "eye test" is opinion and not fact... so your opinion is supported by opinion...

Luka is not a generational talent. Lebron? Harden? Durant? Curry? Kawhi?

You take him over those resumes?

He's a superstar, one of many in the league... don't be offended because I'm not a luka fanboy. As good as he is, great really, his teams are mediocre... he has way more talent on his team than many teams lebron took to the finals...

Bratsche#1 likes this.
  18. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

VO
    PJ
    Fillers

To Miami for

Herro
    Precious
    Fillers

CHAMPBOY and baller4life315 like this.
  19. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

KPJ
    Herro
    Wood
    Precious
    Tate

Mobley?
    Cade?

20. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

Rockets in:
    Aaron Gordon, Nice Claxon
    Rockets out:
    PJ, Sterling, Exum, Milwaukee 2022 pick, 2021 Rockets 2nd round pick, 2021 Philly 2nd round pick

Nets in:
    Tucker, Sterling, 2021 Rockets 2nd round pick, 2021 Philly 2nd round pick
    Nets out:
    Dinwiddie, Claxon

Magic in:
    Dinwiddie, Exum, Milwaukee 2022 Pick
    Magic out:
    Aaron Gordon

D-rock likes this.