1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

GME just fell off a cliff. I haven't traded it at all but that basically took OTM call options all over the place, lol. I've traded high IV options before but this is next level hot potato trading.

$800 call 3/12 has 25k in volume, it's pretty crazy to watch since there are strike prices before that w/ 100 or less in volume and no bids. I feel a little bad for whoever gets caught in this. Especially since the last sale was $4.90....

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

This is why I'm not nervous (right now). I made so much cash, I'm still in the money even with these crazy dips. im going long with GME.

3. Sajan

Sajan Member

lol did that fool (not Gary) want GME to take their company private? He's acting like people are being forced to buy it.

dachuda86 likes this.
  4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Why would you go long with a stock that continuously gets pumped and dumped? You have to be the dumper at some point or you win nothing.

Sajan likes this.
  5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Gamestop has changed their whole strategy. This is no longer the meme stock CNBC keeps telling us it is. they have hired people that are changing their business into something else. I'm going to eventually sell some, but this is a legit stock to hold on to AFTER these hedge funds finally sell, IMO.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

It's 100% legit to own, but not for $200+. Or even $100+.

STR8Thugg likes this.
  7. Sajan

Sajan Member

RBLX - $4bln valuation a year ago

"At $45 a share, though, the company would have a market value of about $30 billion"

Currently around $70

8. Beezy

Beezy Member

I thought it was insane at the time, but it's crazy how good of a deal the Minecraft purchase was for Microsoft. Same with King and Activision.

9. Sajan

Sajan Member

Shares of General Electric Co. slumped Wednesday, after the industrial conglomerate confirmed a $30 billion deal with AerCap Holdings NV, while also surprisingly proposing a 1-for-8 reverse stock split.

~13 per share x 8 = 104...

The academic data appears to bear that fear out. A Journal of Finance study partly authored by Nobel laureate Eugene Fama found that splits are favorable and that reverse splits are ominous for one- and three-year forward stock returns. Splitters outperform the market and reverse splitters lag behind it.

CCity Zero and Ubiquitin like this.
  10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

lol. Don't look at me. I'm content with what I make/how I trade. Do what makes you content. Like somebody said, do whatever lets you sleep at night (and then hope you don't look back later in life and say "wish I had/hadn't done that"). :D

GE pissed me off this morning proposing that possible reverse split. I bought this a while back around $8.75 and planned on holding it for a long while. As for the "academic data", there's got to be more to it than that because on the surface, I would think that's common sense (but what do I know). Usually companies that suck do reverse splits and companies that are doing well do forward splits. lol. But like I said... what do I know?

CCity Zero likes this.
  11. Sajan

Sajan Member

My buddy works for them and he was happy his retirement account was getting back to decent shape.
    And yup, good companies don't do reverse splits. RS are done by penny stocks to maintain compliance lol.

CCity Zero likes this.
  12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It seemed like a buy low moment after the GFC to put in your IRA. I'm down 50% on it since then with that reverse talk kicking it back into the pit. They really juiced it up with GE Capital in its heyday and are now stuck with selling...wind farms?

All American company...

13. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

yeah, most common reason to do a reverse stock split i would think is to stay listed (to meet listing min price reqs)

Sajan likes this.
  14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yeah, in this case, I think they're trying to bring their stock price/shares outstanding in-line with what other similar companies in their industry have it. Or so they say. I'm going to hold onto it unless it tanks. Still pisses me off they're acting like a $1 company when they've been doing pretty well coming back from the dead (or so it seems, anyway).

15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yeah, I think I bought GE around sub-$20 and rode it up to $30'ish and then it started tanking. I finally gave up around low-$20's. I wanted to slap Imelt at the time. I thought that would be a stock to hold for eternity. I'm hoping Culp is doing a better job, but who knows what's going on behind closed doors with some of these companies - even the ones you think are solid.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  16. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

You are holding on the concept of "something" though. At least know what that is.

If you want to take a risk on something, buy Doge. :D

17. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

im also long on GE... avg buy of 8.64. the reverse stock split is troubling but it would put them around their competitors. siemens is at $80 who i consider their closest competitor. big fan of them but their stock is basically at ATH.

stop slinging doge every chance you get.

Cokebabies and Sajan like this.
  18. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

WSBros, talk me out of this - NSH and SFTW looking sexy. Any of you have insights on this type satelite data as a service biz? For the growth, valuations don't look crazy, and both projecting to break even by 2022/2023, which is better than a lot of the ultra growth companies. I think biggest risks are competition, there are a few others that are still private.

NSH - sats are fully deployed, a bit more revenue and better future projections than SFTW. more focused on weather and ship/aeroplane tracking. more, smaller sats.
    SFTW - management looks more experienced. thiel backed. imaging capabilities that NSH doesn't have.

SFTW/Blacksky
    https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5d45d790e595130001acce06/t/602d836852a6161779071daa/1613595497169/Eagle+Eye+Investor+Presentation+(2.17.2021)_vFinal2.pdf

I was looking at maxar too for a reality check, this was a pretty good DD on the differentiation:
    NSH/SPIRE
    https://img1.wsimg.com/blobby/go/22...e_Investor Presentation Final 2.28.21.pdf.pdf

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4412648-buy-on-spire-global-best-new-space-stock-never-heard-of

#15798 saitou, Mar 11, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
  19. Sajan

Sajan Member

@saitou

08:41 AM EST, 03/11/2021 (MT Newswires) -- Nano Dimension (NNDM) reported Thursday a Q4 loss of $0.20 per share, compared with a loss of $0.35 per share a year ago.
    The printed electronics provider said revenue was $1.97 million compared with $1.98 million a year ago.

20. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

and it's up 12% haha.

SDGR up too; my bags don't look so heavy now lol.