1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Meyers Leonard may be getting ready to have a rough day...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by OmegaSupreme, Mar 9, 2021.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Bro.... he grew up in South Illinois, in a town that is 95% white and has a long history of race problems. His town has long had KKK activity and is a recognized sundown town. His brother and family are in the military. He knows DAMN WELL what the work meant when he said, he is a 30 year old many and grew up hearing that kind of language.

I am not even saying he hates Jews, he probably didn't but wanted a nasty vial word to use to talk trash and figured **** would work. The problem is that he is stupid..... he plays in the most "woke" league, plays in a league ran by a Jewish man and he plays for a team owned by a Jewish family.... the original owner of the Heat fought for the Israeli special forces and moved to Israel to get out of paying inheritance taxes.

He needs to fall on his knees and do whatever he can to satisfy those he pissed off so that he can go back to playing back up center for millions of dollars.

You can take him out of Southern Illinois but you can't take the Southern Illinois out of him.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I wasn't suggesting that it would be because he was white, it's because he did something wrong and he doesn't have the talent or other circumstance that would allow him to get away with doing that wrong thing.

As to examples, I'm sure I could come up with more, but when I already showed an example of an athlete who promoted and defended literal Nazi antisemitic rhetoric who didn't face consequences as severe as what Leonard has already had to deal with...I mean it speaks for itself.

Some people are simply held to higher standards than others for a host of reasons. I'm not saying that's how it should be, I'm just saying that's the way it is.

Some women get away with being pedophile rapists, some people like Nick Cannon and DeSean Jackson get away with being racists, it's just how it goes.

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed.

Keep in mind though, that the NBA/NFL/MLB and employers all over the US continue to happily employ individuals that have partaken in rape, murder, and drug scenarios. We are talking about a douche yelling "kike" while playing COD.

We should be wary because the list of words and things you can't say is growing. The environment that is created when individuals are "canceled" based on a specific group's concept of morality does not foster education, expression, or self-improvement. What's fostered is censorship. 1984, baby.

I'd rather we let Meyer's Leonard oust himself in this fashion so we all know who he is going forward. I don't want fake apologies and social parenting to force him into hiding. I'd rather have the assholes out and about so I can identify them and react accordingly. Better a growling wolf than a smiling fox...

#123 RudyTBag, Mar 10, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
    snowconeman22 and Nook like this.
  4. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

"list of words and things you can't say is growing"?? I'm pretty sure that word has been considered offensive and off-limits for a LONG time.

jiggyfly likes this.
  5. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Context my friend.

Have some patience and consider the possibility that I was not speaking specifically to the word "Kike".

6. Mr. Space City

Nick Cannon got away? He got fired from his show immediately

https://www.tmz.com/2020/07/14/nick-cannon-accused-black-supremacist-white-people-animals-savages/

He had to go a complete apology tour to get back in good graces

What happened to Riley Cooper?

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  7. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Doesn't matter. At this point to fix that culture surrounding them, there needs to be repercussions. Hackers need to be fined and booted off for good. Not a 30 day punishment but banned for good.
    Racist remarks and names should also be fined and booted.
    It's 2021. The slap on the wrists did/ does nothing. Things like this need to be fixed with harsher punishment or "the culture that surrounds them" will never get better nor will that individual.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

his apology is so weak because he tried to feign ignorance...u were comfortable in your own home and let that word fly, just own it and stop the fckery like u didn’t know what it meant

he knows it’s a slur...the pause too before saying it like he was deciding which slur to use before settling for that one...c’mon Meyers, just stop it

Nook, Killatron 2000 and Patience like this.
  10. Mr. Space City

so he was fired, had to go on a year long apology tour to get back in the good graces of the jewish community. that's not getting away.

that's way more than what riley cooper had to do. he just got fined and that was that. he even signed a 5 year deal afterwards.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Riley Cooper happened in 2013, that might as well have been 1000 years ago because that's before the super woke moron shtick was mainstream.

If it happened today, he'd have been done.

12. Mr. Space City

Not really, in sports, nobody cares if you can play and put up stats. The same could happen to Jokic and he'd still be on the Nuggets.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well that's why I also mentioned the talent aspect as being a potentially mitigating circumstance. Luka could do the same thing tomorrow and never miss a game. Meyers Leonard doesn't have that kind of talent

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

15. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Is dike on the list?

16. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Kind of reminds me of this. I do think Patrice has a point.

17. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I would have more respect for the clown if he just came out and said look I’m an idiot and just said something in the heat of the moment I shouldn’t have said. This playing the ignorance card as a full grown adult is just stupid and pathetic and I don’t get why people by into it. Even if you don’t know what the word means every adult knows derogatory terms you just don’t say. Just admit you knew what you said and apologize don’t play the I didn’t know card.

jiggyfly likes this.
  18. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

[​IMG]

19. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

You can’t compare the two. One is nfl and they are notorious when it comes to their discipline policies

20. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

What does that have to do with it?