1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol, beat me to this, I've been watching it this morning in amazement but I'm not in it. Hopefully all that are, are making a killing!

AWIN likes this.
  2. AWIN

AWIN Member

LOL yup we're both like how the heck did we not get on this ride?!

So are futures gonna be like a stripper and disappear as soon as the lights come on? Hey Nasdaq, we like to party, come back to our place.

CCity Zero likes this.
  3. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

So... what do we do now? i have no idea lol. a lot of stuff up 10%. safe to buy yet or wait?

Another idea is to buy more aapl calls, and hedge puts on rate sensitive stuff. something like a spce/snow/qs

4. adoo

adoo Member

for the most part, staying on the sideline. until after tax deadline.
    but w SDGR gapping down so much, and w such high IV, sold bullish PUT spread, apr exp, collecting a premium in advance of $2.7, defining my max risk of $2.3
    • bto 65 PUT, sto 70 PUT
    [​IMG]

also been monitoring CRM

[​IMG]
    sold 215/210 bullish put spread, for a premiums of $2.55, defining my max risk of $2.45

#15744 adoo, Mar 9, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
    saitou likes this.
  5. adoo

adoo Member

these 2 hi flyers have been taking it on the chin. watching, but still not ready to dip my toes in.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

i'm not an economist, but pre-pandemic rates were at 2%. factor in stimulus future infra spending etc, wouldn't rates have to rise? if growth stocks get spooked by 1.6%... unless it's something with a special catalyst coming up (like fda approval), i'm thinking of sticking to the lower p/e mega tech instead of the super growth stocks, and use calls for leverage. IV/premiums look ok too since they've been stagnating awhile.

7. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

@Cokebabies SLAMU arod's spac units at $10.11. includes 1/4 warrant.

Cokebabies likes this.
  8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Some of yall were in EYES EARLY and didn't tell us about it? WTF? Apes together STRONG.

Hit the MARA/RIOT TURBO button today - halfway closer to where I was about 2 weeks ago.

Not exactly SUPER CONFIDENT about it, but I added a lot of SPOT & ETSY on the recent (ongoing? we'll see) dip - two companies I actually believe in. No more going balls-deep in my old growth positions like the NNDMs and PLUGs right now. I did grab a BNGO long call yesterday though - if for anything, simply to prevent possible FOMO.

CCity Zero, AWIN and saitou like this.
  9. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

only reason i'm still holding mara is your confidence haha. do @ me when it's time to sell :D

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Shoot, maybe today? Lol. I've been taking profit off RIOT/MARA for a long time now, so I'm not really interested in selling what I still have. I'm waiting for BTC to go to $100k or $0. I pretty much just sell covered calls and buy dips now. You gotta do you. And I know you already know that lol. Take any wins you can right now, that's my advice.

RIOT has an earnings report this month. It'll be interesting to see what affect it has on the stock. Whatever happens - it will likely impact MARA. So you'd think... get out before then if you want to avoid risk. But also keep in mind, it looks like BTC is battle-fighting to break $55k in the meantime.

saitou likes this.
  11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I personally think Nio is a great company to hold long term. There’s going to be pain along the way though.

12. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Haha, I wish I was in EYES too... My 2nd guessing contracts for $X cost me decent wins - placed orders got busy and canceled them last week and even yesterday. I was going to go back and it was gone.

Lol, nothing major but easy moves I backed out of .. 0.5 to 1.35 per... And the one that hurts more.. 0.48 to 2.45+ per call.

Nokia I moved contracts on but that's such a snail pace it's not worth discussing the 10-20% per.

Currently mainly on sidelines atm on short-term plays.

13. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

Lol I wouldn't buy this for under NAV. To a large extent, I'm done with new SPACs cuz I want to shift cash into other plays for trends start to solidify, especially around tech.

saitou likes this.
  14. Sajan

Sajan Member

Whatever happened to MVIS getting bought out?

15. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

I’ve been getting rocked, today is some sweet, sweet relief.

Ziggy and saitou like this.
  16. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

What's the play? Bought a Jan '22 call on aapl ytd and bits here and there, but I'm still 50% cash. Wondering what to buy, and wary that rates can go up to 2% easily.

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

What do yall think about Nintendo at this price?

18. Sajan

Sajan Member

I got back into NNDM at 8. This time I am selling and not taking the elevator back down to 8.
    Last time I didn't book 80% profits.

19. Fantasma Negro

$TSLA +19%
    [​IMG]

AWIN, jayhow92 and Sajan like this.
  20. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

I could be wrong but I think there's more blood to bleed in tech so waiting for more pullback before getting back into that sector. I regret not buying puts or shorting SKLZ before it collapsed so quick but if it has another quick run-up, I'll look to make that play. I also still see rates going up with everything re-opening in the US but unfortunately banking stocks have run up so much already.

saitou and dachuda86 like this.