1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Happy now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by topfive, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Figured an '06 Rockets was entirely possible, when Tmac & Yao were hurt all year. John Wall being the rich man's Rafer Alston, Cousins the Stromile Swift on this team. But admittedly didnt think it'd be THIS rotten night in & out

saleem likes this.
  2. vator

vator Contributing Member

@topfive I'm going to need those lotto numbers too while you're at it. Please and thank you.

BHannes2BHonest, D-rock, HP3 and 2 others like this.
  3. Salvy

Salvy Member

Its like people in the current day and age live in alternate realties where facts don't matter. They create this false illusion and hurt their own feelings in exchange for inner peace and justification of the narrative they have decided to accept. They dismiss anything that actually happened and replace it with whatever they imagined regardless of reality.

Are you happy now? Is this what you wanted? These bs questions towards those who don't share their hate for a certain person or group that they have labeled guilty for any situation.

The wrong and ignorant opinions in this forum spewing that Tilman ruined the team and The Rockets are stupid for trading Harden has gotten out of control to a point where people have actually believed their own lie and running off with it changing history.

No one is happy, we lost our franchise player. The best we ever had after Hakeem. One of the best to ever play. But we did not lose him because Tilman hated him, or The Rockets. We did not lose him because Stone made a stupid trade for nothing.

We lost him because Harden himself wanted out, because he quit on his current team and jumped ship to a more talented one. I don't blame him, but I don't agree. He himself has come out and said what he did was not right but he got what he wanted. The Rockets still honored his wishes to play in Brooklyn and now for that we get these stupid ass activists blaming Tilman and Stone every single game for something Harden did.

Yeah the team was trash at the time, but was not trash because of Tilman and Stone, it was trash because believe or not there was a prior GM who dealt players over and over and over until there was nothing left. But we cant talk about the prior coach and GM... They were perfect. We cant bring up how The Rockets ended up here in the first place. How the Chris Paul trade to OKC was the real culprit for what is happening today.

For those who get it, as Rockets fans we aren't happy. Why would be? Oh because we hated Harden so much and could not wait for him to leave? No that's the BS narrative of a lot of poster in this thread. We aren't happy because those who destroyed our team left, all of them quit. Morey First, MDA after and finally Harden.

Hopefully, things change. Hopefully one day History is remembered for the facts. Not the narratives and facts replaced by ideas looking to blame something or someone for their misery.

#63 Salvy, Mar 4, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
  4. because24

because24 Member

Actually Harden just needed to be around players that can actually play at an elite level like himself. To many years was he dragging g-leaugers to the playoffs. Harden was always 10 steps ahead of 95 percent of his teammates here. They were not able to keep up with the cerebral part of the game. In honesty most wouldn't be able to keep up with Harden in that aspect; but now he has more cerebral players around him.

vlaurelio, rhee and riko like this.
  5. HoustonWest

HoustonWest Member

Hahaha. No. He decided to join a team that had arguably the only other player as gifted as him offensively along with the only other player that had as good handles.

In the NBA talent matters more than "IQ". To imply that the Nets roster is "more cerebral" than any of his Rockets teams is such a joke. They're more talented, because he hasn't played with 2 other top-10 players while on the same team.

And we all know he joined that team; it's the one he wanted to go to and Stone/Fertitta took less in a trade to grant his wish.

@Cstyle42 is absolutely correct: Harden felt he couldn't lead a team to a championship so he met up on Durant's "hardest road".

If they win the championship, cool congrats. They earned it. At the same time just like rational NBA fans discount Durant's accomplishments, people will do the same for Harden.

6. topfive

topfive CF OG

You guys are so cute when you totally overlook one guy admitting it was his decision that ultimately made that trade happen.

So who's the one actually changing history and constructing his own narrative?

7. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I won’t truly be happy until the Rockets are ready to compete for another championship

8. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

As bad as things are right now, there is some reason to be hopeful. Wood and KPJ should be back soon. Martin is a very intriguing player who I suspect will get more time. The trade deadline is near, and we will be a different team after it is done, so that remains to be seen. A starting lineup of Wall, KPJ, Martin, Tate, and Wood will be a totally different team than the one we've been fielding the last few weeks, with Jones, Patton, Brown, Nwaba when healthy, and whoever else we trade for coming off the bench.

9. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Who's the one guy?

10. HP3

HP3 Member

Nope, not if Harden is the best player on the team which he is so sorry. Do you see anyone discounting Lebron's rings? Nah.

11. Salvy

Salvy Member

Oh yeah, just one guy..... Nothing to do with Harden wanting to play with Westbrook over Chris Paul, nothing.... It just so happens that Houston also traded Harden to play with his buddy Durant.... Also just a coincidence. Just one guy making all these trades that link Harden up with ex teammates. Yeah, keep living in that world. Must be nice ignoring everything you don't like or that fits your narrative. It does not exist in your realm.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...uston-prior-to-trade-with-thunder-per-report/

12. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Bruh, you're just grieving. There's the anger phase of it... then acceptance. Accept that Harden left and we never won a championship. Sad but true. Move on. Don't fall in love with strippers.

Houstunna likes this.
  13. HP3

HP3 Member

This article is trash and it has a "league" source, not anyone close to the Rockets. Try again.

topfive and D-rock like this.
  14. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Who the hell cares. Harden obviously doesn't. Brooklyn gets to have a socially distant championship parade and we get to watch a rebuild. If we were willing to pay for a big three here I doubt Harden would have said no to that. Championship teams takes talent making sacrifices sometimes. Bosh did it in Miami. Klay took a backseat to Curry and Durant.
    If this Dildo of an owner refuses to pay for talent to surround the star expect this team to face heartache every time our star hits his prime and is fed up.

BHannes2BHonest and HP3 like this.
  15. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Delusional anti harden posters with their revisionist mindset. When harden left there was a sht ton of threads celebrating it, iso ball sucks and finally team beautiful ball movement.

D-rock, vator and HP3 like this.
  16. Salvy

Salvy Member

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-re...hris-paul-termed-unsalvageable-200951028.html

So Harden was cool with Paul, did not want Westbrook in Houston? Tilman came in and said FU Harden you got Westbrook now.... Harden was not even slightly bothered by CP3? Harden had no desire to play with Westbrook? Just Tilman right..... Do you really believe that? Serious question.

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Timmy MacMahon is your truthsayer??????

LOL

He is the ultimate Tilman propaganda tool.

Stress on TOOL.

Deuce, topfive, HP3 and 1 other person like this.
  18. vator

vator Contributing Member

Oh I get it alright. What are these facts and false narratives you're referring to exactly? There are certainly some Harden haters, some Harden lovers and some in the middle. It's a free country so everybody is entitled to feel how they feel as long as we aren't stabbing each other to death I guess, but issues occur when a certain group attempts to ignore certain things because those things don't line up with what they believe. OP was clearly referring to the ones that were vocal about wanting Harden, Morey, and MDA gone. There should be no disputing that these people exist on this board. So let's talk about some of the facts then.

The Rockets claimed to be going all in to contend for a title, but never dipped into the luxury tax = FACT
    Tilman forced Morey to make trades that he had to burn draft picks with so he could duck the luxury tax = FACT
    The Rockets on multiple occasions didn't spend the MLE going into the season = FACT
    The Rockets had opportunities to expand trades and bring in other quality players and didn't = FACT
    Before Harden asked out, there was a vocal faction of people that wanted Harden traded = FACT

I can keep going. This team has not been operating like a top tier franchise with all of this bargain bin, clearance rack shopping Morey was forced to do year in and year out. People have already pulled some of the receipts in the form of bumping old threads. Don't stick your head in the sand and ignore them like they didn't happen and say activists are pushing false narratives. Read them. There are plenty that haven't been bumped as well. It is all there in black and white.

It is ok for us fans to voice our displeasure of an owner being cheap, but I wonder if I happened to be a coach, a GM, or a franchise player of said team, would I want out of that situation? You know, since it actually affects my day to day life and isn't just something I watch on TV to pass the time. Some of you say that is quitting, I would say that it is realizing you are not in an ideal situation to be successful and doing something about it.

#78 vator, Mar 4, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
  19. Salvy

Salvy Member

Dude, I respect your knowledge on bball... As a poster, as a fan. I also believe that you are willing to think freely and neutrally on any subject. You seriously don't believe Harden was unhappy with Paul? I mean even during games these guys had some misunderstandings and clashes.

D-rock and LosPollosHermanos like this.
  20. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

to imply there is anyone else who is cerebral on this team besides harden these past 2 years is comedy gold

D-rock likes this.