1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What are your reasons for not going vegan?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by jacoby, Mar 4, 2021.

1. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

The horror at a vegan meat market

[​IMG]

2. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Have you found a therapist yet ?

KingCheetah, Andre0087 and TWS1986 like this.
  3. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

What do Vegans think about the other animals that eat animals? If this is ok, would it be ok if someone hunted and killed all their own meat?

I'm not saying this to be an *******, I'm actually curious and don't really know any vegans that eat that way for humane reasons.

Yung-T likes this.
  4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

You think getting hit by an automobile moving at high speed is a nice way to go? ;)

I've actually been moving steadily into a more Vegan-like diet, but I do think some fish and some poultry can be close to sustainable.
    I will probably always mix in some dairy, a few eggs, and some fish. As long as we have our current dog, I'm going to cook a chicken occasionally too. She, Mrs. B-Bob, and I all love a good bird.

I agree with those saying the fake beef products are so processed as to be disgusting. Actually prefer the old-school "veggie burgers" b/c they weren't trying to fake it. (Of course I would most prefer an actual medium-rare burger... I've had a couple during the pandemic just to keep my spirits up).

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I'm gonna call bull **** on this.

Vegan means to a person whatever it means to a person on a personal level. In its strict sense, it means you don't eat animal products or by-products.

Plant-based means you mainly eat plants but still may eat meat and whatever else.

When I tell a waiter at a restaurant that I'm vegan it's because I don't want any animal products in my food, not because I'm attempting to define myself as a person.

Vegan can be like a religion to someone if they choose (and some do...for varying periods of time), the same way anything can be like a religion to a person, sports, politics, music, pretty much any hobbies(collecting cards), activities (skating), lifestyle trends (minimalism), fandom of people (Elon) etc etc can take spiritual like impacts (in varying ways) in peoples lives.

The health aspects of plant-based are naturally built into veganism, so you have that aspect, that's science b****.

Then you have the ethics of eating animals aspect to it, now you can argue the subject of ethics, IN general, is purely metaphysical if you'd like, but I call bullshit on trying to separate the ethics of just killing animals as being metaphysical, but not other or all forms of ethics.

6. B-Bob

[​IMG]

What... what if someone can see their feet but not their dick? (asking for a bunch of y'all.)

Nook and CCity Zero like this.
  7. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

So as long as I can see my dick and feet I'm good?

Nook, Xerobull and B-Bob like this.
  8. B-Bob

Yes, but while standing.

Xerobull and Andre0087 like this.
  9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

What if your hanging upside down?

Dayop, Blake and Xerobull like this.
  10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

There were animals residing where you built your house/apt. Why the **** isn’t your hypocrite borderline ass up in arms about that.

Hindus etc have safe guarded animals etc for thousands of years prior to sjw like yourself doing it for attention. There’s a reason they are vegetarians and not vegans

CCity Zero likes this.
  11. B-Bob

What if my hanging upside down?

What I do in the shadows is my business, pal.

Nook and Xerobull like this.
  12. B-Bob

OP, I think you've made this poster so mad that he swerved his car just now to hit extra animals on his way home. :oops:

CCity Zero likes this.
  13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

[​IMG]

14. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Lol I love animals which is the irony, animal cruelty and shelters are some of the biggest causes I volunteer for and donate to. Humans as a whole are probably worse than animals. Most vegans are fine but The naive 20 year old white boys that call folks like JR smith entitled (OP) and judge others for an extreme and flawed way of thinking should probably be quiet. I was vegan for a couple of years and was around folks like him

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's basically the opposite of my diet. My body responds better to a keto style low carb diet that borders on a carnivore diet.

I can see no reason to alter my diet, but I have nothing against those who prefer different diets so long as they work for them and they aren't foolish enough to think they are saving the world with it.

Nook likes this.
  16. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Inhumane derives from in=not and humane= human. Since humans have always eaten meat and killed. I would say its humane to eat meat.

I eat meat because it's completely natural and it tastes delicious. Since we barely care enough to do something about human suffering, I think animal suffering is the least of our worries.

clos4life and Nook like this.
  17. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Boiling animals and burning them alive etc (Chinese meat markets) should be something everybody should be concerned about.

I don’t eat meat too much anymore but don’t judge those that do. Asking that it be done to minimize suffering should be ok. That’s the pragmatic view I’ve reached since civilization has, and is currently, will also continue* to eat meat

18. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Sure, there is killing and there is needless torture. We don't approve of needlessly torturing animals.

I think sport fishing is needlessly torturing animals. I also think hunting without actually eating what you kill is morally wrong. However I find nothing wrong with killing animals for food. It's by definition natural.

19. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Agreed

20. SuraGotMadHops

I'm smoking a brisket Saturday.

clos4life, CCity Zero and B-Bob like this.