1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who were the tough guys attending tonight's game who boo'd Harden in his return?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jacoby, Mar 3, 2021.

1. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

Silas is irrelevant, him and Russ were simply giving the man his respect as a first time head coach who finally earned his shot. He wanted out as soon as, idk BOTH the gm and head coach that made him the player he is today were long gone?? And he only threw them under the bus (and he wasn't wrong, 11 and twenty ****ing 3) as a last resort because management sat on their hands praying he would somehow magically change his mind, too telling how it instantly got resolved after that and you just know Tillman is a stubborn ass b****.

burlesk, HP3 and jacoby like this.
  2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Yalls white knighting for a guy who just spurned the franchise is ultra weird. (Ironic use of "tough guys" btw)

Hardens departure is mixed and his reception was mixed. Wow! How bored are you that you need to keep doing witch hunts against people who haven't accepted James Harden as their lord and savior? I thought we would be in the clear from this nonsense once he left.

Hes a complicated player with a complicated personality, let people appreciate the good and challenge the bad. In the end he's just some guy and my interest is seeing the Rockets win.

3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

imagine being so much angrier at fans(exercising their fandom after a player destroys their team and season forcing them to wait at least full year before they have another chance at some excitement) than at Harden for what he did.

[​IMG]

4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Any angst people still have about booing, or who booed, should be focused on one Tilman J Fertitta, a problem who is still around and who was involved in everything that went wrong.

Nick_713, Wulaw Horn, HP3 and 4 others like this.
  5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

What makes you think that teams should instantly trade their franchise player in the middle of his contract. Obviously the Rockets are going to sit on their hands.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  6. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

That's all cool and fine but then you don't get to complain when **** starts to get toxic, you either sit him out or trade him.

jiggyfly and HP3 like this.
  7. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

This is also a problem with the current CBA with the NBA and NBPA. Players have to much power at this point. I don’t have the answers nor do I claim to know how to fix it. Maybe it’s longer player control like baseball. Maybe it’s non guaranteed contracts like football. But make no mistake, it’s broken. As it stands today your superstars will continue to force themselves to Miami, LA and possibly NY/BKN, all the major markets leaving all other destinations simply screwed. That’s the NBA today. Cross your fingers and hope you wind up with a loyal guy like a Giannis that you may can build around.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Did they boo with their masks on ?

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

What makes you think Giannis won't just ask for a trade in 2 years? Harden had 2 years left too. Fact is contracts don't mean **** now. Harden is the first star to get traded with two years left on a deal. He won't be the last.

10. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

OP sounds like the bitter ex, big deal there were boos, who starts a "come at me bro" thread over that?

11. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I wasnt there... but I'd have booed that narcissistic SOB if given the opportunity!

If his contract were up and he wanted to leave - thanks for the memories and have a nice life!

Force yer way out while still under contract - not cool dude... but it is what it is...

Cripple the team going forward by making stupid demands like getting WB bc you know 'just what needs to happen' - only to then turn around and try to tank yer value to force a trade - you can go screw yerself!

12. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Agree however, at some point one had to expect Harden to want to chase that ring. After all he'd just watched AD and (even) DH get theirs while he was stuck on a team with no chance. So I can understand in an intellectual sense the motivation behind his actions that forced his way out of the sinking ship that was the Rockets. I'm not excusing them - I'm just saying that I understand because this is the reality of the NBA today. Nobody wants to be Charles Barkley. But he chose to quit on the team, the fans and threw his teammates under the bus on his way out the door. So I can excuse those Rockets fans who didn't appreciate him raising his hind leg and pissing in their collective faces on his way out the door.

Ramo$e likes this.
  13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

fify

napalm06 likes this.
  14. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Harden controlled al lot of things here. He can't control the real narrative and how fans feel. LOL Even if it upsets HARDEN NUT HUGGERS.

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Yeah, come on out tough guy!! Yeah! Why I outta.....

jacoby likes this.
  16. Newlin

Newlin Member

He’s not a Rocket. He plays for the opposition. He forced a trade by not playing hard on the court and pouting off the court.

I’m not someone who boos players, but I’m not going to criticize other who boo in this situation.

Harden is getting paid and he is playing for the team he wants to play for. He probably doesn’t give one flip if people in Houston boo him.

17. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

Old man did you forget that Dream forced his way to Toronto... :D

Aruba77 likes this.
  18. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

I wouldn’t boo Harden or anyone, I’m too old for that, but I definitely understand why others might be angry at James and his messy exit. Not that he’s solely responsible, but he played his part. Maybe if he had won a championship here, even a conference championship, the Harden appreciation would be more universal, but no one should be surprised or upset there were a few boo-birds. It wasn’t a happy ending and the wound is still fresh.

19. Rockets4Life13

People have a right to be upset at the way he forced his way out.

I wasn't particularly on board with booing him but your post is ****ing pathetic dude. Grow a pair.

20. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Apparently the Nets had 200 dollars and we just didn't have enough.
    [​IMG]