1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should we take Harden back in 2 years?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Landry's Tooth, Mar 4, 2021.

?

Would you take Harden back in 2 years?

1. Absolutely

81 vote(s)
    49.1%
  2. Hell No

50 vote(s)
    30.3%
  3. Depends on How Much He Wants

34 vote(s)
    20.6%
  1. Landry's Tooth

Just a thought... Not saying anything was pre-planned but if you saw the situation the Rockets were in and saw a chance to reload assets at the cost of Harden gone for 2 years, wouldn't both sides want it?

If KD, Harden, and Kyrie part in 2 years, those Nets picks look incredibly valuable. Very similar to the Celtics rebuild.

With Wall's expiring deal and those picks plus the cap space, Harden could be set up to come back with a friend to a team loaded with assets...

I wouldn't be shocked if 2 years from now he's considering it...

don grahamleone likes this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

this team reminds me of the Larry Brown Pistons, I don’t want someone who’s selfish and hogs the ball like Harden ruining the camaraderie and good vibes we’ve got going on

u saw last night how much the players still left on the team despise James

no, do not want

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

you mean take back hardon while still in phase 1 of our decades of rebuild?

Invisible Fan, vator and Duke Fan like this.
  4. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

in 2 years meaning at the end of next season? No. we still have our own pick in 2023 to tank for. Now if he wants to come back after that, sure.

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Any answer other than Yes is stupid. Taking him back would help us on the court and greatly help the value of those Brooklyn picks. If anyone is just so butthurt that they can't get past that, they don't care about the Rockets succeeding.

But.... I don't see it happening. Harden is going to have a good time in Brooklyn and will be there for more than 2 years.

6. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Go Rockets!!!

abaker28 and burnshroom like this.
  7. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

I say yes only to make Brooklyn worst and their draft picks more valuable. Other than that no. I hope the big three gets their two rings quick and disassemble

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Wouldn't his jersey be retired by then?

Invisible Fan, pmac and juanm34 like this.
  9. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

off course.
    That's the plan.
    Like Cleveland did with Lebron
    We wait for him with Wood, Cade Cunningham and a lot of picks

10. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Should we take Trump back in four years?

Aww hell nah!

Harden is no Lebron. He can’t win one in Houston.

hou$tonScrew$tonTX likes this.
  11. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Like LeBron, Harden will be playing in California in 2 to 3 years. Only good thing about the trade to Brooklyn was that Harden goes to California team in two years and Nets become terrible. Giving us better picks.

12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Nothing would help our picks more than a breakup of the Nets. So, it’s either us or LA.
    Which do you really want to hope for?

help me out here @Bobbythegreat . I don’t want to lose my “self-respect.”

13. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

He would have to back up KPJ. (obv kidding Pro Harden militia chill)

14. Landry's Tooth

Win or not, both scenarios give them a reason to not go beyond 2 years... James gets a ring then he can move on to going where he's in control again. He doesn't then the situation is a failure...

Either way, Houston could be more attractive by then... we will have to see how he holds up...

15. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

What if we take him back in 2yrs, win a chip with him, then trade him AGAIN for a boatload of #1picks and pick swaps?

We could literally become the NBA’s “Pick-Cartel”...o_O

Heck, we could trademark the phrase “Pick-Cartel” just like Pat Riley did with “Three Peat”....

#NBA’sPickCartel

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think there's not much question that they are going to be breaking up in 2 years or less, I don't really care where Harden goes.

If he chooses to go to the Lakers after 2 years of failure in Brooklyn, it would be no different. I mean, that's his actual home town team.

If he chose to come back here after 2 years of failure in Brooklyn, my opinion of him would be the same, but he'd be in a position to potentially repair some of the damage he did to his legacy here. I don't think there's any chance he does that though. He'll be "big 3" hunting for the rest of his career trying to ride coattails to a ring so he can pretend it's a personal accomplishment.

Ramo$e likes this.
  17. juanm34

juanm34 Member

:rolleyes: Like he would even entertain the idea....

hou$tonScrew$tonTX and rockbox like this.
  18. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

This is what crazy Ex-GF's do. They speculate in their mind if they would take him back. The answer is always yes, but the reality is the BF isn't ever coming back because the GF is bat **** crazy.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I don't begrudge him for leaving and I don't care if he wins a ring or not. If he doesn't win one with the Nets he won't come back. He will ring chase until he's washed up and THEN he might come back to get a D Wade type farewell tour.

Either way I care more about the new Rockets players that are here and the soon to be rookies we draft. If adding Harden messes up any of the new foundation we build then no I don't want him here. He's never going to win a ring as the best player on a team so if he does want back i how he knows he's not calling the shots anymore.

don grahamleone and Ramo$e like this.
  20. riko

riko Member

Coattail? Lol the guy right now and and when KD was there is the engine and best offensive player on that team.