1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Nets @ Rockets 3/3/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 2, 2021.

1. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Good response because it's rational overall. Respect.

The Rockets are currently a disheveled franchise suffering from injuries and instability stemming from a disgruntled All-Time NBA Great wanting to leave a mostly subpar situation during his tenure. That's cool and understandable.

In a healthy world, the current roster would be a 2nd Round playoff team but reality says health will doom the team into the lottery.

Solution... Rockets must draft well with their upcoming picks.

Rockets have a brightside with a few good young players. I'm really just happy this season is half finished so now the ending is more easily measurable.

don grahamleone and HP3 like this.
  2. HP3

HP3 Member

That doesnt mean he didnt deserve what he got which was jack. Mike is the second greatest coach in Rockets history. What he got was trash.

Patience and D-rock like this.
  3. WestendMassive

I agree that there's no doubt that Rudy contributed a loooooot more than Mike D did, but he was a big part of the Rockets' success over the last four years and probably deserved an ovation from the 4,000 brainworm infected fans in attendance.

BamBam, HP3 and D-rock like this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

5. HP3

HP3 Member

Im sorry man but I just dont believe that to be true. I dont like Stone and I dont like Tillman, my only hope is that we can get a good draft pick.

s3ts and D-rock like this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It was a minor miracle for both Wall and Cousins to even step foot on the court and play regular minutes after those injuries.

Rocket River likes this.
  7. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

This team is an utter joke.

This organisation is an utter joke.

But of course most people know that.

There's still some stubborn fans who think we're coming out of this sooner rather than later. I pray for their sake that they realise asap that just isn't the case.

That tribute video really hit home just how absurd this franchise has become since Tilman's ownership.

Watching John Wall think he was prime Kobe with that quantity of shot attempts was just absolutely hilarious. I hope no team trades for him, so Tilman is forced to pay the entirety of that contract for the next couple of years.

Why does it always seem like whenever we get momentum - a John Wall boneheaded ballhog shot attempt or two or three or four or five in a row comes as if right on queue to snuff it out.

Glad I got to see what a real star was again tonight.

We miss you James. We'll never forget you. But boy will we forget about this Tilman owned comedy sideshow quick smart.

HP3, because24, D-rock and 5 others like this.
  8. Downtown Sniper

It would be even better if the Rockets allowed him to actually take a shot in game.

D-rock and Patience like this.
  9. Downtown Sniper

What did brickWall say about Mason?

10. Downtown Sniper

I find multiple times throughout each game I've watched that Wall often times refuses to pass to Oladipo.

Watch Oladipo get hot in today's game. You make it a point to pass to a guy who's scored 18 points in the quarter. Nah. Johnny don't play like that.

Dude really doesn't want anyone challenging his 'alpha' status on the team.

I kind of wish one of those times he falls on the floor he takes Wood's injury and gives Wood his own health this season.

Rocket River likes this.
  11. Downtown Sniper

Nah. We're good thanks Johnny. Sit out as many as you want.

Please.

12. Downtown Sniper

Ahhh... What does posting in the Texans/Astros forum have to do if he's a Rockets fan?

Moving on. Ahhh... Yeah... This is a clown organisation there is no ifs ands or buts about it.

They weren't not so long ago.

You might need to take those rose coloured glasses off though if you still think that.

I don't know how anyone can observe what's happened the past couple of years and come to any conclusion other then 'we're f*Cked while this clown and his family is in charge'.

I mean. The evidence is pretty irrefutable at this point.

HP3 likes this.
  13. Mr Chuck Norris

I read through this whole tread abs insider see a REAL fan once

14. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Both teams played hard. Consummate professionals on both sides.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Nets were never really a good franchise in history, now with all the money and name changing, all of a sudden that is going to change?

Media perception won't change it. Disregard the hot takes for now.

They need at least win 2 or more to get to the level of Houston, Miami or close to GSW.

Rocket River likes this.
  16. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

New owner has changed everything with the Nets. Willing to spend, takes care of all of his employees, passionate about sports, etc. Makes all the difference in the world.

D-rock and daywalker02 like this.
  17. Le$$

Le$$ Member

All the hate on the board sometimes with Harden. He was Great and lead us to promise Land 2 times(WCF). He will always be remember in my Mind. He great dude :)

Top 10 SG Of all time, and best scorer ever..

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yup, but it takes decades to uphold and nurture NBA Royalty status.

Other than a quick 3 peat I cannot see them vaulting into the Top 5 All Time franchise conversation.

I might be wrong but I would not bet on the frail bodies of Ky and Durant.

Rocket River likes this.
  19. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

Of course. Just saying they are not laying in the Bottom 5 All Time franchise conversations anymore. :)

20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Russ got a tribute video. Russ.

HP3 and D-rock like this.