1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hardens Return!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Dude, I am not going to stoop down to your level and call you name.

1. When Hakeem played for Toronto--get this--he was an EX-PLAYER. That did not diminish what he had done for the Rockets, nor did it affect how I appreciated him as a Rockets legend.
    2. He was way passed his prime, not a threat to the Rockets.
    3. I didn't root for the Raptors to beat the Rockets, let alone humiliate us.

Let me tell you this. Rudy T is one of my all time favorite Rockets. When Les Alexander dumped him, I was furious. (I still haven't forgiven Les for how he treated him.) But when Rudy went to the Lakers, I did not root for the Lakers to do well, let alone beat the Rockets.

I wish Harden well. I just don't want him to help the Nets to trash our future draft picks. And I absolutely don't want him to beat the Rockets. If he is going to win a championship, I hope he does it in a place like Memphis or New Orleans, or Charlotte. I HATE big market superteams.

#181 Easy, Mar 2, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
  2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

There isn’t going to be much of a crowd for this, right?

Should the Rockets post an appreciation video for him with fake crowd applause, or just wait till next year?

3. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Prediction for the game. Harden is so drugged out and hungover from the night before, he still puts up 30 points in a 4 point win over Houston.

chadyang likes this.
  4. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

The quicker he wins in Brooklyn the better chance he leaves and comesback. Root for him to win so when his contract is up he goes somewhere else like KD did. Get us some better picks.

5. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Victor Olli - po on Harden after the game :

[​IMG]

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Tankers’ dilemma for tonight’s game

Easy likes this.
  7. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Do it now, crowd can match the level of "showing up" that Harden's used to. Should make him comfortable.

8. ipaman

You don't wait for cheating skank hoes to come back to you. Those hoes get used up and replaced by everyone, nobody will ever have real "love" for them with or without rings. They're gold digging hoes so that's how I treat 'em.

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Hoping Harden will leave the Nets after he wins a chip there is wishful thinking. Even if he does, hoping that he will come back while still in his prime is just delusional. It's more likely that Tilman will sell the team than that Harden will be a Rocket again.

10. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

He said in his post he has unfinished business. There's always a chance. Lebron did it after a few years. KD left. Super teams never have longevity because egos eventually get in the way. I don't even need him to comeback here. I just need him to leave Brooklyn.

Easy likes this.
  11. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

If all you care about is rebuilding why wouldnt you want the nets to beat the rockets? They are tanking after all whether intentionally or not. And for what its worth this franchises concerns are far greater than a couple draft picks down the line.

Personally I hate this ownership for sabotaging our championship opportunities exponentially more than I like harden or any player. You can say or judge me however you like but I absolutely do want tilman to be shamed and humiliated at every turn for whats hes done to this team

HP3 likes this.
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

[​IMG]

13. ipaman

BIGGER

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yes, egos get in the way. But it's more likely happening when they fail and start finger pointing than when they succeed and have fun.

The only thing that makes losing not as painful is the tanking purpose. Even when tanking, I still can't root for my team to lose when I watch the game. And embarrassing losses like the Grizzlies game have no purpose other than stunning the confidence of the young players. I still don't get why any Rockets fans would want Harden to humiliate the Rockets other than extreme hatred of Tilman Fertitta. But then these people should just stop being Rockets fans until he sells the team. I'd actually respect people doing that.

LosPollosHermanos and J.R. like this.
  15. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Why are you explaining why you’re rooting for the rockets vs non rockets on a rockets forum specifically in the rockets sub section to someone openly rooting for them to lose

don’t waste time or energy

Easy and J.R. like this.
  16. riko

riko Member

Like it’s any different then under normal circumstances? The library will be the library

HP3 likes this.
  17. HP3

HP3 Member

What young players are you referring to?

18. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Not really. The Cavs won a ship and Kyrie asked to leave...

HP3 likes this.