1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden "Hopefully those fans appreciated everything I did on the court "

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ktbballplaya, Mar 1, 2021.

?

Did you appreciate what Harden did on the court?

1. Yes

91.1%
  2. No

8.9%
  1. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

I sure as hell did, but reading this board I see many act like children so I'm wondering where people stand.

#1 ktbballplaya, Mar 1, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
  2. clos4life

clos4life Member

I appreciate it what he gave Houston. Sure, he flipped the bird to us on the way out but who wouldn't to get away from Fertits?

3. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Best rocket not named Hakeem and its not close in my eyes.

4. Big Fuzz

Big Fuzz Member

Feel like I am going through a tough break up right now, will hate on him sometimes will cheer for him sometimes. In the end I will always have love for what he did for the city and this franchise.

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Yeah I'm just pissed he aint still here doing it, still pissed he quit on us, still pissed our management botched his trade, traded a top 3 player with no guarantee of a single great asset.

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

hmmm, let’s see

1 playoff series win in 15 years before Harden’s MVP season in 2015...we made the playoffs just 5 times between 1999 and Harden’s arrival in 2012

with Harden we went to the playoffs every single year and won 7 playoff series in 8 years including 2 trips to the WCF and almost making the finals in 2018

he won MVP here...he broke records here...he was always available, rarely injured

u could buy a ticket and be confident that Harden wouldn’t be out with an injury or out with load management, he’d put on a show, and the Rockets would win...I was at the 53, 16, and 17 game against NY...doubt I’ll ever see something like that again

I will always cherish the 17-18 season as well...it was a great time to be a Rockets fan

and off the court, the JH Foundation and all the work he’s done to help the city...donated 1 mil after Hurricane Harvey...what he’s doing to help out right now after this latest disaster brought on by an unprecedented ice storm

also stuff he continuously did for the community like

Every summer at JH Town Weekend, Harden raises money for the Monja Willia Scholarship and the James Harden Scholarship, which covers all school-related expenses for students from single-mother households and does the same for Rice Students from communities facing economic hardship, respectively.

Well, The Beard just stepped it up another level at this year’s JH Town Weekend, where it was announced that he would be donating $240,000 to the City of Houston in order to help renovate the basketball courts of underprivileged communities.

I will always have love for James Harden

7. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Bye Felicia!!!!!!

Go Rockets!!!!

#7 BamBam, Mar 2, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
    J.R. and Jontro like this.
  8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

9. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Something tells me this thread will go over great. 100% agreement. Civil. Like most Harden discussions.

chadyang, Stormy1234, Sajan and 4 others like this.
  10. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

All the Harden lovers say we suck now and will never win without him...

The realists say we never won a championship with him and he really didn't play like he wanted to be a champion for us in the playoffs.

11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I'm over it. I disagreed with how he left but at the same time I do understand and I wish him the best. I just only want to see the Rockets win though. The Rockets fan in me will always reign Supreme.

I like his attitude towards the city and I honestly believe he wished he could have left on better terms. I would show him some support before the game but not during.

12. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Realist are aware that we’re about to lose 10 games in a row and that we’re the worst we’ve been since we acquired James.

Realist are also aware that Harden is the second best Rocket ever by every metric, and it isn’t close.

Don’t let reality hit you on the way out when we lose 10 more games.

13. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Well, not everything

saleem, chadyang and forchette49 like this.
  14. topfive

topfive CF OG

Harden lovers & realists?

OR

Harden haters & realists?

Hmmm...

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

so htine fans just a "those" now?

BamBam and Joe Rocket like this.
  16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Won't matter with barely anyone being there but people really play up this stuff way too much.

Again, it's entertainment. Fans generally boo the other team, it's fun. Yall really think NOP fans hate EGO that much? No, it's just an audience thing. Just like wrestling. People don't REALLY hate Randy Orton (except for Orton girl...) it's just fun to boo him. It really ain't all that serious with James, it's not like people are trying to physically harm him or vandalize his property....

But oh, have some here tell it the Houston fans are sooooooooo terrible! The worst! They might mildly boo a returning player! I mean look at the poll, but some here think there is some massive hate circle jerk against the guy when it's not that.

Again, won't matter, no one will be there for it to matter. Harden can come to Houston comfortably any time, ain't no one here hating him as a person and Tilman still will have a relationship with him going forward in the city. Only the player fans get emotional about this stuff. Harden said he appreciated that they traded him to Brooklyn in fact when they didn't have to.

Ramo$e likes this.
  17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

im not going to watch this game.

im going to do something else.

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hakeem >
    Harden, Tmac, Yao, Francis combined
    @J.R.

19. derp

derp Member

That's been my rockets fan experience for the last 8-9 games.

Sean Dr34ms and DreamShook like this.
  20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well
    He was better than Tmac for sure.

Other than that thanks for raising the bar back above winning a playoff series

robbie380, clos4life, T for 3 and 3 others like this.