1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Republican revolt against democracy, explained in 13 charts

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by deb4rockets, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

not sure if this is a joke

[​IMG]

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Weak troll Debbie -- are you a strong black woman?

3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I find him condescending. Not funny.

4. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Same type man though.

5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Trumper in Cheetah clothing?

6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Ouch!

But to fair she has said she used to Republican but that's a take that did not end well.

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Naturally the first three reply posts are some of Trump's biggest apologists here.

I guess Mojo is still looking for a cartoon to post.

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Nah I wouldn't say that, I think he's just being a dick to you (but honestly that much you overreacted a bit)

If you haven't noticed most people who post in this sub frequently are emotional tards, people like to troll people to make their weens feel big.
    I am no exception.

9. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

Didn't read. Don't care.

10. IVFL

IVFL Member

This is actually one of the most telling posts I have seen you make. THANK YOU!!!!

I know this may be a foreign concept to you but people can have a change of heart, or change their stance on issues. Usually people that can do that are just overall better people. Self reflection is an underused skill these days. After looking at the responses from this I see those that support Trump may be failing in their self reflection time. Most are trying to make jokes, dismiss and ignore the study that was done. I get it, if you don't internalize it, self reflect, and consider what was presented on its merits you can always claim you are right. That's much easier than changing.

Considering your deep dive into some ones post history you would rather focus your time finding a gotcha moment than actually improving yourself. Telling. . . . . .

jiggyfly and ThatBoyNick like this.
  11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Roc Paint and ThatBoyNick like this.
  12. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

13. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

He usually is. That's why I finally put him on ignore. I thought this was a really good article, which is why I didn't understand the comments that were poking fun of it or me. They just rubbed me the wrong way. I can't help wonder if they even read it, or just do it because they have nothing to say in a more mature or less condescending manner. I just put them on ignore, because it gets old. Some enjoy it I guess, but I don't.

14. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Big Corp, Big Media all anti-Trump True or False?

We can go slow.

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

They aren't against him because of his policy desires. They are against him because he creates chaos and division and corporations don't like that.

Space Ghost likes this.
  16. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

I just want to take a pause and think about how beautiful this Masterpiece really was. WOW. An efficiency of words delivering such powerful insights. I am very perplexed as to why society as a whole hasn't accepted these truths. The programming is that hard to resist, I suppose. The battle for control over society rages on, and the establishment has build a formidable infrastructure (media, intel agencies, DC bureaucratic agencies, Democrats at the Federal level and many states). Trump's megaphone (social media) was cut off because he was becoming too powerful -- and much more powerful than the voice of Joe Biden. It really is information warfare, not unlike what would happen if the US occupied a foreign country. Controlling the media and access to information is step one in war. Supporters of this establishment infrastructure don't even know they are being manipulated at every step of the way.

blue_eyed_devil and Roc Paint like this.
  17. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

That is true to an extent, and I myself don't like seeing monopolies take over small businesses. I am sure they love the tax loops for the rich that Trump is for though. They probably loved getting a big chunk of bailout money too, especially if they were associated with Trump, Kushner, or the families in the party.

As for the article I posted, it is true as well, and a disturbing new trend for the party that idolizes Trump. Do you like the way the party has turned?

18. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

I can't make it thru the article. Sorry.

As to the 13 items posted - It looks exactly like how I'd describe the democratic party before Jan. 6th. Projection is a nifty tool and the dem. party is really, really good at it. And if you're gonna bring up the tax cuts for the rich, don't turn a blind eye to Obama's bail out packages. The difference I see is one contributed to the strongest economy in America's history. The other lined wall street's pockets.

It'll have to get worse before you start to see. But if you lay off the Vox, Salon, CNN, Fox News (I know you don't...) you may get a different perspective.

I don't idolize Trump. I don't think he should run and hope he doesn't. Unity is NOT his strong point...lol. I still like the idea of someone outside of the system. These lifetime politicians we keep electing produce the same results. We should be able to agree on that, no?

blue_eyed_devil and Roc Paint like this.
  19. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Trump is the Master of that. Now that his party calls themselves the party of Trump I think all 13 pts are very valid. There are 7 or 8 of them who stood up against the riots and impeaching Trump. Now the party is against the only ones with any real courage to stand up against this type of incitement by a man who has the audacity to call himself worthy of leading our country. The people voted him out, he can't accept or acknowledge it, and his propaganda and lies will continue, along with the party that stands with him.

Those type Republicans aren't the types I supported in the past. The party is becoming everything I can not support, and is becoming more like some radical party that is dangerous to the democratic process which allows the people to choose their President. I can't and won't vote Republican again while these types stand together.

If you think the Democratic party before Trump fits those 13 points, then I'd like to see your examples under all 13 pts. Otherwise, your comment is nothing more than nonsense.

#39 deb4rockets, Mar 1, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
  20. IVFL

IVFL Member

Just validates my point. Way to own it. . . . I guess.