1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Reasons to watch the Rockets right now

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bo6, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

I'm worried that by the time the Rockets are competitive again, Wood's contract will be up and he will be on another team.

riko and clos4life like this.
  2. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

How dare you insinuate that Eric Gordon is not having fun??

3. latebloomer19

latebloomer19 Member

1. Its my team no matter what

Everything else doesnt matter

4. HardenVolumeOne

not even gonna lie, I watched the rockets because of harden. He had a style that I had never seen before. I enjoyed watching this guy break the game and have the nba step in and change rules because of him. He was probably the most unpredictable rockets player I have ever seen. You never knew what you were gonna see that night. Like the game in Utah a few years back when he was 1 steal away from a 40 point 5x5 statline and that was on the 2nd half of a back to back. Some of the things he could do on the court were mind blowing. Harden might not be popular with casuals and some Rockets fans but the guy is one of the heels since z2010 LeBron

clos4life likes this.
  5. clos4life

clos4life Member

None, absolutely no reason to. It's an exercise in futility. Personally, I hate watching bad basketball and it doesn't get any worse than this. Because I'm a Rockets fan, I watch the beginning of every game until they start to unravel halfway through the first quarter. Sometimes I make it to the end of the 1st or even halfway through the second before I just go do something else because it's just not worth my time. I would not recommend watching a single game anyone else other than hardcore fans of the Rockets or fans of the opposing team.

Patience likes this.
  6. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

A big reason to watch?

the other teams players. We gotta evaluate the NBA... who knows who will be future rockets

7. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

8. ballgame

ballgame Member

THIS!

9. MarioKissoDeath

Supporting Member

I’ve watched the good teams and the bad teams every game I can since the early 90s and seeing the team quit like this is hard to watch. Its got to the point I haven’t watched a bunch of the recent games. The heart is gone. When Wood gets back I feel like his skill, effort and want to will be contagious and whatever trades will have happened and they can hopefully show some heart again even if we’re not playing for the playoffs. Make Rockets basketball watchable again.

10. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

Im rockets4lf and it's not worth watching for me.

11. Fantasma Negro

I'll watch on Wednesday
    [​IMG]

s3ts and Bo6 like this.
  12. topfive

topfive CF OG

Inertia?

It's a hard habit to kick after all these years.

13. Bo6

Bo6 Member

see it's not even about the losing. it's losing by 20+ every game while not even developing any young players.

even the process 76ers were vaguely competitive. this is on a whole 'nother level.

Patience likes this.
  14. s3ts

s3ts Member

I'll watch too. But it'll suck more than any other day I've been a Rockets fan.

And I still have Spurs/Mavs fans in my ear every freaking week.

HP3 likes this.
  15. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

There isn’t one until we get wood back and the g-league ends and we call up guys .

right now , you’ll watch if the other team has players you like or you have nothing better to do .

bill and Matt have stepped up a bit . Carefree and silly works when you are down 20 routinely . Can we bring back Clyde ? He prolly hasn’t watched a game all season , it will be gold !

if we can get more sexual wood / religious puns that would be great too . But we are on our refraction period .

but I’ve been averaging about a quarter these last 5-6 games

16. Sanity2disChaos

I hope top Rockets execs read this thread..... slowly and with vigor.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Come on, you always watch them, to find the hidden gems...

DD

18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

They hid 'em pretty good this time.

Bo6 likes this.
  19. topfive

topfive CF OG

You're in the prison common area and Big LazyEye has the remote.

#39 topfive, Mar 1, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
  20. Reeko

Reeko Member

Nah, you’re remembering wrong. The process Sixers once started a year 0-18 and won 10 games getting annihilated most nights. This is what tanking looks like when u have a bunch of vets who dgaf instead of a bunch of young players who are trying to stick in this league and establish themselves. They’ll still get stomped every night in the end tho.

Bo6 likes this.