1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stone & Silas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Feb 23, 2021.

1. hakeemthagreat

No. YOU need to work harder understanding what a tanking team looks like

bmelo likes this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

My very own stalker.

:eek::rolleyes:

4. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Just caught up on this thread. Good grief, why are you being so rude? You’re acting like everyone here isn’t just a Rockets fan having discussions. Insulting multiple people and calling them “dumb f****s” for having a different opinion than you is super unnecessary. You’re better than that man.

5. HookemHorns1250

I wrote a post similar to this a few weeks ago... and I still am having trouble understanding the hate stone and Silas are getting.

Stone did a pretty dang good job considering the situation, and Silas.... it’s very hard to judge him given the roster he has. He could have a completely different offense in mind but doesn’t have the players to execute or.

Also let’s not forget we were 11-6 at one point with this tank style roster. Give them time. We have a lot of it with this rebuilding process

Zen Tabak likes this.
  6. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Wood
    Tucker
    Oladipo/Tate
    Gordon/Tate
    Wall

is a good team, he should be able to get them in the playoffs. Won't happen though, they will keep resting players because they're assets now, their health is more important than winning,

Silas hasn't had a chance to coach a healthy roster even as long as the average team in the covid season. I think he is good, and he must learn some things this season. I think he will be a great coach in season 2. Hard to coach Wall too, he think he's the second coming of James Harden.

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

NBA means playing AND winning without a healthy roster, true for any professional or amateur sports.

And if Silas and Stone are going to use injuries as an excuse then perhaps they should not have chosen so many injured players to make up core of the team.

Does not take an Oracle to foresee that Wall, Oladipo, Boogie, Nwaba and even Wood (never played full season as a starter) will be injury prone or unable to even play B2B. Even EGo has has history of injuries.

Neither Stone or Silas are blameless in the construction of this injury riddled roster and it also does not excuse how unbalanced the personnel has been from day ONE.

8. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

This season was a wash. Ill give them a few more years to make a fair judgment.

9. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

The team must fire Silas next season. he would rather play McLemore not Jones, u can see this coach's level

houtown likes this.
  10. houtown

houtown Member

Every coach has it hard in the league, started the season with a great team, did not make it work, and now it is all just falling down and I cannot make any excuses for his in game decisions, they mostly make no sense.

MettaWorldPete and D-rock like this.
  11. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

I'm starting to agree that Silas at this point is the Rockes' Bo Porter and will not be the coach when this team is relevant again. I feel for him to an extent because he has been dealt a crappy hand this year in his first year. He's not really helping himself much though. He has been as inconsistent as this team with his approach, rotations, awareness, etc. He hasn't been much of a steadying influence out there.

MettaWorldPete and D-rock like this.
  12. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Silas cann't be a head coach, he is just a assistent coach

13. acruz2

acruz2 Member

Disagree!! Silas got a raw deal. 1st he thought he was going to have Harden and Westbrook to start then once they were gone and now with the injury of Wood this team is garbage. Players are getting wide open shots and they cant even hit them and they dont even play defense. That is not on Coach Silas. He needs better players and a star player then lets judge him after a couple of years but not this year.

14. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

u can see how the team play! any coach knows to adjust the game players. Do u think Harden would play game under silas? I think Harden's trade request partly because of the coach team

#114 b2bizchina, Feb 28, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Stone should not be let off Scott free.

He has done jack during entire course of this 10 game losing streak.

Dude loves to hide.

16. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Stone is not trying to win, this is going according to plan for him. Silas has coached a team first destroyed by trade rumors and a disgruntled $35m in salary. He didn't get anything back for him. Then there were injuries, whoever's fault that is. The best coach in the NBA would barely have a better record imo.

I'm surprised that you are mad about the balance in the roster. Do you think they're trying to win? Your observation about injuries is correct and they picked these guys because they don't care about winning buddy. I just want them to go young.

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

I don't believe for a second that the losing streak was planned by Stone or agreed to by Silas.

Rockets wouldn't be playing their vet assets and devaluing them if that were the plan.

Nor would the Rockets have had that 6 game winning streak they were so proud about, crowing about it at every opportunity through Feigan, MacMahon, Iko, etc.

Rockets are just bad.

18. Mathloom

Supporting Member

That's not how tanking works, no planning or agreement with Coach necessary.

The coach and players to to win with what they have and sometimes they do. The organization is tanking.

19. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

I'm pretty confused by this. What should he be doing during a much need 10 game losing streak? The point is to lose.

20. bmelo

bmelo Member

They are tanking for top4. At this point they aint making playoffs anyway so they cant stop