1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hardens Return!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Feb 28, 2021.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Facts elude that poster.

riko and HP3 like this.
  2. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Harden quit on the franchise I hope he’s greeted with the indifference he deserves.

3. HP3

HP3 Member

Facts elude most of the dudes in this thread lol. Always the same clowns D Rock always loool.

D-rock likes this.
  4. Rockets4Life13

I have no intention to argue about this anymore but to me, it feels like everything Some of you type about harden is positive only and everything rockets related is negative only. I get it, right now there’s not much to be excited about. But it sure feels like some people here only type to either **** on the rockets or something about Harden, even in topics that have nothing to do with him.

OTOH there are guys like @D-rock who is obviously a big harden fan but I’d never question his Rockets fandom because of the way he posts.

D-rock and HP3 like this.
  5. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

There’s a difference between having a few bad shooting nights in the playoffs, and having performances where people start to question if Harden had a concussion or if someone else showed up as Harden (Game 5 vs Spurs). That’s how bad his postseason failures are. They’re not just bad, they’re historically bad. Multiple 2-11 shooting games, playoff record 12 turnovers, etc.

He has the worst postseason numbers, specifically in the 4th quarter and closeout games, out of all the current stars in today’s NBA. Zach Lowe has a piece on this already.

I’m not saying I’d boo him during his return, but I wouldn’t cheer for him either. I’ve moved on.

J.R. likes this.
  6. HP3

HP3 Member

I admit there is too much “I told you so” going on with Harden has no help thread or whatever. But that’s just how it goes on here in general. No one is happy with the state of the team right now so there is bitterness all around. If you look the opposite there are dudes who ONLY show up when Harden is talked about and who don’t show to talk about the future of the team. People ghosted as soon as Harden left because they can handle when things get bad.

darksoul35 and D-rock like this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Appreciating your former players, especially the franchise greats, and supporting your team are not exclusive IMO.

Even after Rockets foolishly traded away Moses and Dream, I still continued to root for them.

They will always be Rockets greats to me.

Part of rooting for and celebrating your team is recognizing the players who made the team great to begin with.

I understand tanking, I just hate the thought of it.

MettaWorldPete, HP3 and harold bingo like this.
  8. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

I hope he's booed.

9. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Well said. Even after the way he behaved on his way out I still love Harden. I'll always be a rockets fan first, and if I could wave a magic wand I'd have the Nets go 0-82 for the next 7 years, but since we are living in reality, they are going to be a deep playoff team and at that point I'll be rooting for him to win a ring. His bad behavior at the end of the road doesn't erase the entire 8 years for me. If I was at the game I'd cheer for him.

jordnnnn, D-rock and HP3 like this.
  10. HP3

HP3 Member

Post season failures? Like I i said that all you remember. I’m sorry but who has had more success than him in the West besides the Warriors, have we ever blew a 3-1 lead like Kawhi? Ever get swept as the higher seed like a Dame? Know any other teams that even came close to we did to the Warriors? You are ignoring all the good while focusing on the glaringly bad. It’s a joke. He’s still among the top players for impact metrics. Some bad game in multi game playoff series don’t change that.

Damn bro I didn’t know that only 4th quarters matters or that literally one game among MANY playoff games were the only ones that mattered. See this is what I’m talking about, you ignore everything and focus on the bad because you are mad he moved on after the owner sabatoged the team. At worst letting Daryl do his work so as to stop us from trading picks is enough.

D-rock likes this.
  11. cdastros

cdastros Member

James Harden has done more on the basketball court than JJ Watt has done on the Football field.

D-rock and HP3 like this.
  12. hakeemthagreat

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndic...reys-master-plan-for-houston-rockets.amp.html
    Arnowitz cites one general manager who, "characterized much of the criticism [of Morey] was that there's a growing perception around the league that Morey treats his players as assets in a game of arbitrage, something that's alienating players and their representatives."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndic...g-rockets-tenure-reportedly-revealed.amp.html
    Per ESPN's Tim MacMahon, one of Paul's "biggest beefs" with Harden was his lack of interest in participating in the Rockets offense when he didn't have the ball, including "sometimes barely stepping over half court while spectating when Paul had the ball."

Vincent Goodwill
    of Yahoo Sports reported the previous month that Paul wanted out of Houston because his relationship with Harden had become "unsalvageable" after going "nearly two months without speaking to each other during the season."

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Quoting that utter hack Goodwill makes me LMAO, he never gets anything right!

Since that Arnowitz article in 2014, Rockets signed Ariza, Dwight, Smoov, Jet, EGo, Paul, PJ, LMAM, Iso Joe, Rivers, Faried, Uncle Jeff, Boogie, Wood.

And Timmy is a well known Tilman shill.

A+ for spouting trash.

#93 D-rock, Feb 28, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
    MettaWorldPete, riko and HP3 like this.
  14. riko

riko Member

Yep even fox sports dropped him. Isn’t this the same guy who once said I hope harden gets his leg amputated? No agenda there

MettaWorldPete, D-rock and HP3 like this.
  15. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I’m not going to root for another teams player! When Harden was here I defended and cheered for him as a Rocket! He’s no longer a Rocket so I’m no longer on the Beard Bandwagon! I might become more endearing towards him once he retires, but only if he shows respect for the franchise that catered to his every whim.

I did the same thing when Dream was a Raptor and I consider him the GOAT of the franchise!!!

Go Rockets!!!

Easy and RKREBORN like this.
  16. HP3

HP3 Member

Exactly the first link was criticizing Morey when he traded Lin and Asik LOL and letting Parsons go.

Chris Paul didn’t have any problems until his play dropped that year.

MettaWorldPete and D-rock like this.
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

if CP3 wanted out like Goodwill claimed, then he wouldn’t have been salty about getting traded

MettaWorldPete, D-rock and HP3 like this.
  18. riko

riko Member

And Paul never asked to be traded he said as much. He was shocked when it happened. That is probably the one bad move you can count against harden but in the end Tillman is the owner who called Paul’s deal the worst contract in sports history

#98 riko, Feb 28, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
  19. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

From all of the cardboard cut outs. F him from my heart

RKREBORN and J.R. like this.
  20. Jontro

Jontro Member

real fans will cheer him on and beg for him to come back for the whole game

D-rock and vlaurelio like this.