1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Stone & Silas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Feb 23, 2021.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Neither trusted Stone or Silas.

For good reason.

Jontro, ApacheWarrior and HP3 like this.
  2. roslolian

roslolian Member

What new Lebron are you talking about? Lebron was obtained for the first pick in one of the most loaded drafts ever Stone only spent a protected 2nd round pick. If you dont think thats a great move you just dumb AF.

Levert has a mass in his kidney he could be retiring or whatever. He isnt that good and he costs a ton, thats on top of his spotty injury history. Prince is an expensive role player makes as much as Wood but scores like 8 pts a night. Both of these arent players that make you drool over them. The only significant loss is Allen.

And as I have explained to multiple people in the past trading Allen saved the Rox more than 30M in cash while also netting them a FRP. As a GM how you even justify that to the owner, tell him dont mind 30M in cash alongside a FRP, just keep this dude about to hit FA for 3/4 of a season? The only reason you dont care is its not your money lol. Any logical person would know majority of owners dont turn down that deal unless they were contending or something. You realize Cavs got the 4rth pick in the draft for taking on Baron Davis 50M/2 yrs albatross contract? SMH.

I.D.I.O.T.

3. juanm34

juanm34 Member

At this point, it is worth the gamble.

T FOR 3!!! and ApacheWarrior like this.
  4. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Silas is a gabarge, Anyone knows who House is . If ur team want to win , u cann't paly House

Imanimal, D-rock and FrontRunner like this.
  5. Bo6

Bo6 Member

they definitely looking more sus every day.

D-rock likes this.
  6. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Its hard to see this team where its at. But there probably going to make the best moves soon, and restructure this team. I know there alot of negativity after the losses. This team is way to injured too even consider taking it really to serious.

They need to sort out things and get some healthy players going, try to restock the team with younger players. This usually happens after teams lose there stars. I assume the rockets will be in good shape, but i think there going to have to fine better fit for what roster they have. They should be good soon if they make the right moves.

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

This is one of the reasons why Silas frustrates me so much.

He has no clue at all when a player is hot. None.

ApacheWarrior and HP3 like this.
  8. hakeemthagreat

So Morey convinced Wood to come here? After he stepped down to spend more with his family?

9. hakeemthagreat

Correct. Which is why I don't mind us losing now. Ppl here have said "blow it up" throughout the years, now that we're actually doing it they don't have any patience. Stone is rebuilding on the fly and put us in position to be aggressive

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Tango & Cash.

11. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

They’ve done great in light of Harden’s betrayal / refusal to honor his contact. Positioned this team to have a potentially quick rebuild. Let’s get that top pick!

12. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

From the Robert Covington trade onwards, it has been clear. Liquidate while maintaining the facade of a competitor for the early part of a season to encourage subscription. Asset churning mode. Nothing matters except current or future franchise players, everything else is a tool to that end, the games are an exhibition of current trade assets.

Obviously the players don't know this directly, they maintain their own "we'd be good if not for XYZ" narrative and the media keeps a 3rd "should we take them seriously?" narrative. I think sometimes people confuse these things as though the narrative has any effect whatsoever on what's actually operationally happening: the company is seeking opportunities to liquidate its declining assets for future assets regardless of this thing happening on the side called the regular season.

John Wall actually think he's taken seriously as a franchise player, completely unaware that the only reason he's here is because his contract is so much worse than a declining Russell Westbrook's that WAS paid a first round pick. We just wanted the pick. John Wall thinks it was about him, dating back to when he felt disrespected by trade rumors and - in his mind - was so powerful that he engineered a trade to create a super team with James Harden but alas it turned out when he got here Harden gave 0 f*cks about John Wall. So now he's carrying the torch for this team but once in a while he will march into Stone's office and demand better teammates while Stone looks like "How on earth can he not know we're tanking?".

It's layers, but only one thing is happening: we are cashing in everything we can for future assets or cap space. Don't be confused about it, it's very clear if you look at a sheet showing Stone's transactions since the Harden trade request. If they are wise, they will rush to get Gordon out the door soon because it is rare for him to be in form and healthy for this long (I do wish him well though).

13. sydmill

sydmill Member

That is, IMHO, how it should be given how Harden's stint in houston ended. However, if that's the case, explain Dipo over LaVert. That, bringing Wood back after the first ankle and, to a lesser degree, the win streak all made/make me question if there is some disagreement as to how they should proceed. Makes me wonder if TF needs the Rockets to be an attractive asset in light of his businesses suffering under covid?

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  14. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Poor management. Dipo is a better asset than Levert who is 26 and his claim to fame is scoring 18 points on 16 shots and 6 assists to two turnovers while being a mediocre shooter at best. I think we can get more for Dipo. Let's say it's close enough that you can chalk it up to Stone's subjective opinion.

Rushing Wood back and winning some games doesn't change what Stone is doing in his office. Could be they gave Silas 10-20 games to show if they can win before tanking.

sydmill and Rocket River like this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Alas, reading comprehension is not your friend.

16. sydmill

sydmill Member

I meant how might they explain those things. Presumably it would be an explanation similar to this.

MettaWorldPete and Mathloom like this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Silas and Stone need to work harder, do better.

Rockets offense tied for worst in NBA.

Despicable.

Jontro likes this.
  18. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Silas is safe because we are in tank mode.

I would fire Stone, but I'm waiting to see what he does at the deadline.

D-rock likes this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

More ball movement does not lead to better offense.

More ball movement does correlate to more turnovers.

LOL at the more ball movement mongers.

20. hakeemthagreat

Ben Simmons has made 2 3pters this year (4 in his career), and you were his biggest cheerleader for him to come here. Your opinion is laughable