1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Justin Patton

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Legend, Feb 18, 2021.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

There's a trade incoming that's why. Once that trade is done and Cwood comes back then the Rox are gonna compete again.

If they wanna tank they wouldnt play Wall. Wall is gonna be here for the next 4 years Dipo is not. If there's anybody whose health they wanna preserve it is Wall's.

2. roslolian

roslolian Member

Ok so what happens if you tank and get the 5th pick to give to OKC? Its not like tanking gonna be a cureall to the problem of no talent esp when uts just a 50-50.

Its not just a 50-50 either cuz 50-50 is just getting the pick. You have to hit on the pick as well what if Rockets get a Killian Hayes or Romeo Langford? I already posted the link of the average lotto pick not even making an all star game. You are looking at 3 years of hell and then Wood leaves cuz the team has been doing nothing but losing when he was here. So what's the effective rate you are really looking at here? Less than 5% if we are gonna be honest.

If the Rox suck naturally then thats fine. But if the Rox are too good to tank then thats just dumb to gut the team for a little chance to get a superstar.

Zen Tabak, Jayzers_100 and GotGame15 like this.
  3. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yul C.

4. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Ive seen enough to know I already miss James Harden. Can't believe we actually traded him...
    I think James Harden could beat our whole team by himself.

BHannes2BHonest and D-rock like this.
  5. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I think Kevin Porter Jr can beat this Team by himself

6. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I think Kevin Porter Jr. has that ability to make players better also. His passing is similar to Harden. Alley Oops, behind the back, No Looks Pass for a Dunk.

7. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Half the forum has been pleading for years to trade Harden for young players and picks.

clos4life and D-rock like this.
  8. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah and we didn't get back any young players...

D-rock likes this.
  9. Bo6

Bo6 Member

first game but he looked bad. like really bad.

10. MykTek

MykTek Member

We did, but we traded them lol :p

D-rock, RHU525 and vator like this.
  11. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

12. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

We have been missing fundamental pieces during this losing streak. When we did play the intended group (even then inconsistently) we strung together 6 consecutive wins against some good teams.

Our biggest weakness is the fact we have numerous players with injury problems (some of them consistently occurring over time) and that math of that will bite you every time.

#152 SuperKev, Feb 24, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
  13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

We traded Harden because he quit, we weren’t winning with him either.

DD

bpbkforlife likes this.
  14. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Lol good teams? We beat like the 4 worst teams in the NBA and Portland who was missing their entire team.

YOLO likes this.
  15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I agree, except with this. Cousins was the worst player on the floor except when when a couple 3 pointers went in. If they wanted to tank they could've fed him all the minutes he ever dreamed of. He has the foot speed and lift of Chris Farley. He plays like a 50 year old and he'd struggle in thr Big 3. Watching him is an abomination and it's good for human suffering that we are moving on, even though it's not 100% a tank move.

D-rock likes this.
  16. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

I agree he was quite a liability at times. But I am merely pointing out that Rockets are simply not doing much to improve with any trades for the win now mentality. They are simply releasing players which seems obvious that they do not care to carve out any more wins. Questionable rotation by Silas also looks like he is not even trying to win games. Seems to be a pattern where Tilman looks like he does not want to spend and at the same time might find it cheaper to just rebuild through the draft which means tanking. How good or bad this team will be in the future is to be seen but I would hate to see Woods talent go to waste if he is not surrounded by good players.

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Patron was also +5 last night.

Wonder why Silas doesnt play him more, instead playing House who is notorious for missing wide open layups and F'ing up at the most critical of times.

Does Silas even know that House was -14 vs. Raptors????

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Yes, those posters were bonafide idiots.

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  19. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I agree BUT Rockets are Showcasing Before the Trade Deadline, Danuel House, P.J Tucker, Eric Gordon, Victor Oladipo, Ben McLemore, Rodions Kurucs.

I hope John Wall goes as well, Can't be a Leader without Leading them to Wins.

After the All Star Break

PG Kevin Porter Jr.
    SG Mason Jones
    SF JaeSean Tate
    PF Christian Wood
    C Justin Patton

Armoni Brooks, Lamb, Sterling Brown, David Nwaba

#159 rockets1995, Feb 27, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
    D-rock likes this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

I think Mase may be packaged too.

And Patton is a back up until he proves otherwise.

rockets1995 likes this.