1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Great 2021 COVID Vaccine Chase

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Supermac34, Jan 4, 2021.

1. SuraGotMadHops

Houston area? I was able to get my mom in at the Sugar Land drive through but still hunting down a vaccine for my dad.

B-Bob likes this.
  2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Cypress

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Not sure who you can call, but Rice is in need of 8000+ ppl to get a vaccine right now

Os Trigonum likes this.
  4. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

My Mom got her second dose of Moderna today, and my Dad gets his second dose tomorrow through Houston Health.

Huzzah!

5. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

Got my first Pfizer dose today at Walgreens as I’m part of 1B here in LA County. When signing up they had a lot of availability for others located here that are looking.

6. SuraGotMadHops

My mom gets her second dose this week, and my dad gets his first this week (would've been last week but for the winter storm). That much closer to some peace of mind.

Juxtaposed Jolt likes this.
  7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Per the CDC, if you’re fully immunized (both shots) for at least two weeks but no more than three months, you don’t have to quarantine after being exposed.

B-Bob likes this.
  8. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

I'm getting my second Pfizer shot Friday morning...I'm 1B in Denton County. We have such a smooth operation set up here, we're really lucky.

Juxtaposed Jolt likes this.
  9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I’m 1B in SF but it’s a **** show here - no available appointments. Hipsters snagging all the spots via various homespun apps. Yea for you kids.

10. Supermac34

My Mom had full on flu like symptoms on her second Moderna dose for ~20 hours. Then...they just went away and she felt fine. My Dad got a little tired, but no other effects.

The City of Houston operation at Del Mar stadium is really smooth. In and out quick.

Amiga, B-Bob and Juxtaposed Jolt like this.
  11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

also 1B, was scheduled for April, but got an appt today for Tues 3/2

Supermac34 and B-Bob like this.
  12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I have a relatively young friend who also had the really bad 20 hours after Moderna #2, even shaking all over he said, and then, just like you said, poof. All symptoms ended at once. He didn't even feel tired or anything after that.

Amiga and Supermac34 like this.
  13. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I was told that’s a good sign, a sign that your immune system is reacting and working. I was also told that older folks experience less symptoms because of this - their immune system is weaker.

My mom was concern about the 2nd shot symptoms. Went even smoother than the first, which was just a sore arm.

14. Lar

Lar Contributing Member

Got my first (Moderna) shot yesterday from City of Pearland...they have 7 lanes of traffic and it was as efficient as it could possibly be. I'm gathering more supply is opening up because, even though I am 1B due to health conditions, I did not expect to be able to get a shot anywhere near this early.

15. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

https://myturn.ca.gov/ has availability in Oakland right now. You better hurry.

[​IMG]

B-Bob likes this.
  16. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Seems like Harris County is really tough to get.

17. Supermac34

Sign up for the City of Houston health services text. They text you when they have slots open. I was able to get my parents vaccinated and I could have signed up other people.

htownrox1 likes this.
  18. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

You just have to become immune when it comes to Covid and sports here in Houston

htownrox1 likes this.
  19. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

For those willing to drive, Lumberton (1.5 to 2 hours from Houston) is open to the general public now. Having trouble finding 1A/1B takers, took my wife there today and it worked. You have to schedule in advance, but they currently have availability for next Wednesday and Friday. You do not have to be a resident of the county to get it.

https://vaccine.beaumonttexas.gov/

20. mulletman

mulletman Member

Not sure if this was mentioned already, but another good way to track down a vaccine - Follow @HebTracker on Twitter and receive notifications for all their tweets.

Or just keep refreshing this site:
    https://vaccine.heb.com/scheduler