1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ScheftBomb! Watson formally requests trade

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Hey Now!, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Texanstradamus

So when the deal is lopsided y’all can sit up here can complain about it nope sit out In the NFL it’s easy to get 1st overall pick

2. raining threes

This would lead to the #1 pick in the 2022 draft where they would pick Watson's replacement and then trade Watson. I dont believe Watson would lose much if any trade value. Because teams would know why he wanted out and it's always a buyers market when it comes to QB's.

3. raining threes

Hopefully he sticks to his guns for two years and the Texans hold onto him. He would be giving up seventy-five million. The reaction to that would be very entertaining.

4. Texanstradamus

Texans listened to deshaun to much in the past from the rookie vouching for O’Brien to get extended after 6 games we never saw again to Deshaun saying no one is getting traded could have gotten picks for fuller and watt or mostly fuller atleast especially with him being on juice or whatever but then keeping O’Brien was the franchise altering move that changed everything it culley hasn’t shown signs by year 4 let him go can’t be wasting years keeping him cause a player like him even though he stinks on the field

5. Nimo

Nimo Member

Are you happy now that Deshaun isn't being "unprofessional" and actually spoke with the Texans?

6. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

They would get absolutely destroyed at every opportunity. That contract is no better than toilet paper. Watson is a super star who is loved throughout the league. He has major stroke.

7. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Maybe some day in my lifetime the McNairs will sell the team and they'll change the name so we can forget about this terrible franchise.

Houston football in the last 40 years is basically like a homeless man losing a dollar, barely scraping by for weeks and weeks only to have someone come by and say "Hey, I found your dollar three weeks ago. Here's a nickel to take it's place."

8. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

They’re already getting destroyed. They’ll also get destroyed if a trade is announced, because no team has ever traded a 25!year old franchise quarterback... ever.

there is no market for him. No team can truly afford what he is worth.

9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Lol. A lot of you guys are really weird. The dude sends out a tweet about how "loyalty is everything" and most of y'all think "yeah, screw the Texans front office!! DW should be pissed and I hope he is traded! He deserves to win a SB!".

Never thinking... hmmm, who the f would say that, 5 months after signing one of the richest contracts in football history, declaring their love for the fans of the city and thanks for that same front office, when they just asked to be traded and basically refuse to have any sort of substantive conversation with the organization?

Am I happy he got on a cursory phone call with the coach briefly to let them know, despite his tweet, that he actually has no loyalty?? Sure, lol. The reporting I read and heard (Schefter clip) is that "out of respect for Culley" he briefly got on a call to re-iterate he ain't suiting up.

This is a legit joke. The front office is ALSO a joke, but DW actions are clearly a joke.

You just signed one of the richest contracts in NFL history. Here's an idea. Get on a plane. Meet the new head coach, more than just cursory. Here's another idea. Don't say loyalty is everything, when its the polar opposite of what you're doing. Here's another idea. Don't be upset about learning about things via social media (Hopkins trade) only to basically conduct your business via social media.

Here's the tweet he should have put out: "Hey no loyalty in this game, so I'm not loyal either!" lol

But i get why he didn't. Cause he has all y'all thinking he's been screwed somehow, not that THEY HAVE ALL SCREWED US... you know, the f'ing fans of the team. DW isn't even close to blameless in this.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

sad that Texans fans would want Deshaun to suffer a Jeff George type career here.

Dgn1 likes this.
  12. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Texans fans are TEXANS fans.

raining threes and TheFreak like this.
  13. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Enjoy the sermons and 4-12 seasons.

14. Nimo

Nimo Member

LOL You literally said it was unprofessional that he wasn't talking to the team and letting them know his feelings. Now we get a report that he is and you move to something else.

So if a wife cheats on her husband and the husband wants to leave, who is being disloyal?

He has conducted ZERO business over social media. His communication to the team has been direct. There is no reason to believe that the Texans heard about his trade request from his Future lyrics he posted on instagram. He has been direct and has said nothing negative about the team publicly on any platform. He is NOT conducting business over social media. Stop making that up.

I guess your big hang up is that he just signed a contract last year, would it make a difference if he made his trade request next year? I mean, according to you every player should shut up and play the full length of their contract. But teams can, you know, terminate said contract at any time.

primtim24, Verbal Christ and Dgn1 like this.
  15. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

Sounds like a Texans problem to me. You know, the same clowns responsible for 98% of this. The same clowns doubling down on this whole circus act. Even if I had the nerve to blame Watson, they even gave the man a NO trade clause LOL! Get over it, he's ending the marriage for the most obvious reasons.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  16. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Yup. Now it's just a decision of when they decide to cut their losses. Any talk about rehabilitation and digging their heels is just a farce.

Dgn1 and Verbal Christ like this.
  17. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

They will trade him after June 6 to avoid the massive dead money hit. I can only hope they will have some sort of under the table deal for a team who drafts their guy and maybe they make the trade at that time. Not holding my breath though.

18. Nimo

Nimo Member

If they were truly intent on digging their heels, the right thing to do would have been to have the Watson/Culley conversation BEFORE the hire. Maybe even the Watson/Caserio conversation before that hire. Not saying that they should let that be the determining factor but at least they would know exactly where Deshaun is.

19. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

ok... but since he signed a contract extension, he can't leave without a trade and the Texans have no obligation to trade him.

Right now, he's a Texan asset... whether its as a trade chip or as a player.

20. Nook

Nook Member

I cannot blame Watson for wanting out.

He knows his career and legacy will be wasted with this organization.

mikol13 and Dgn1 like this.