1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans Off-Season

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 4, 2021.

1. conquistador#11

When I was excited about the offseason, I thought a creative GM could easily create 30 million in cap space without cutting Watt.
    With Watt gone, $49mil is doable.
    Cuts remain the same: The Johnsons, Nick, Fulton, Fells and Murray. You don't really save anything with Murray but just to get that stench outta hea'.

Trades: McKinney to the Ravens for a 3rd rounder. Cobbs plus an attached future 3rd rounder to any team needing an std worker bee.

The restructures of Mercilus and Cooks would create, $12 mil.

But let's say the Std workerbee Cobbs is not wanted with an attached pick that's still 40 million in cap space.

The Easy rebuild: Fire Easterby+ 40 mill in cap space +Tag Fuller. you sign three 2nd tier free agents on defense because the first tier wants no part of Cal or sign every Patriot cap casualty...but I promise you we're not Patriots south!!! Texans way!!!

----Free agency period is now over.------

Now you throw a hail mary and see if Watson buys in. If Watson doesn't buy in, you take the Jets deal. You add Quinnen an important part to the Lovie defense. Draft your QB with the no. 2 pick( Wilson or trade back to the highest bidder and draft Lance.) with the 23rd pick draft an edge rusher. 3rd round picks: Center and RB, the one from Buffalo.

Who says no?
    Team goes 6-10 with good ol Brian Hoyer but gets injured in week 11. Lance goes 4-1 to finish throwing for 19 TDs in those games.
    GM of the year award.
    Texans make the Superbowl in 2023 with a 16-1 regular season record, but the game is canceled as ww3 begins. Europe invaded Costa Rica. After being fired from the Texans, easterby went on a transcontinental journey. He then would earn the trust of world leaders with Patriots ties.
    [​IMG]

#521 conquistador#11, Feb 25, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    JayZ750 likes this.
  2. raining threes

I'm guessing you have never lived in the country?

3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I don't answer blind questions, get to your point.

4. raining threes

The point is you've actually never lived in the country if that's how you think country people are. BTW, I dont live in the country anymore. Too much hard labor but make no mistake most of the people who live there are far from dumb and highly motivated hard working people who are very successful.

The work ethic I learned from these people have taken me far in life. Wish you could meet more people like them It would change your perspectives.

5. ipaman

thanks for stating, my post said nothing of country people though. i specifically referenced cowboys churches and their approach.

as for me, actually just sold a place outside montgomery where i lived for many years. grew up in south texas in the valley on acres. i've worked arenas, i've saddled horses, round up steers and worked chutes as a kid, used to unload hay at midnight for $20 for a full semi, built fences, fed livestock, cleaned stock tanks, my grandpa (a farmer) used to me $5 per day to work with migrant workers loading up semis with his valley watermelons, paid me nothing to keep cattle out of fields while trucks were coming in and out lol. you name it, i've done it.

all that said, i saw many a cowboy church, been to a few. they dumb down jesus, they shorten church, it's more laid back, so that country folks can tolerate it and understand it. that's just the truth.

raining threes likes this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Member

The Texans held discussions with the Green Bay Packers before the NFL trade deadline and wanted a second-round draft pick in exchange for Fuller, according to league sources. The Packers were willing to part with only a fourth-round draft pick and wanted the Texans to pay a portion of Fuller's remaining $10.162 million salary.

7. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Dumb down Jesus so country people can understand it. HaHaHa., but, you’re not cutting down country folk at all. This is typical liberal I know better than you BS.

raining threes likes this.
  8. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Honest question...

Texans Twitter is posting quite a few pics of the org and Cal helping out the community after the storm.

Where the F is Jack? Just cashing checks? Or is it calculated he not be there because of the possible backlash?

9. ipaman

Why so offended, they literally do that. Blue caller working folk don't have the time for the pomp and circumstance of Catholics or the hoopla of Megachurches. Maybe watered down is better for you?

10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Apparently the guy who’s strength is motivating and speaking in front of large audiences... is too much of a liability to put in front of an audience.

11. ipaman

H-Town would murder him on the streets if he came outside. Thoughts and prayers.

12. raining threes

Wasted opportunity

13. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

14. RedIsen

RedIsen Member

Not familiar with the current cap situation, but could the Texans gauge what the market offers Fuller in order to come up with a competitive offer?

The league isn't ready for an offense led by David Johnson, Cooks, Coutee and Chad Hansen

EDIT: Now I'm wondering if Fuller would even want to come back to Houston. Texans would probably have to overpay to convince him or any free agent to join this clown show.

#534 RedIsen, Feb 26, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
  15. J.R.

J.R. Member

They should have an idea of the market. They could transition tag & match an offer he gets but looks like he’s gonna walk.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/te...ot-to-tag-That-s-Texans-question-15977478.php

For multiple reasons, especially quarterback Deshaun Watson’s extreme disgruntlement with the team, Fuller is considered unlikely to remain with the Texans unless they make him their franchise player.

The first day they could have utilized the $16.54 million franchise tender was Tuesday.

If Watson and the Texans never reconcile, which many league sources predict is the most likely scenario, then Fuller is considered unlikely to want to return.

Unless the Texans create salary-cap space to tag Fuller and either keep him or trade him, the most they can get in return for him if he signs a market-value contract with another team would be a compensatory third-round draft pick in 2022.

If Fuller winds up leaving and Watson is traded or doesn’t show up and is placed on a reserve-did not report list, the Texans could build their passing game around Cooks and have him work in tandem with Randall Cobb, Keke Coutee and Chad Hansen.

Before the suspension, Fuller was easing concerns about his durability and was expected to land a contract paying between $15 million and $17 million annually.

This is a good free-agent class of receivers, including the Chicago Bears’ Allen Robinson, the Detroit Lions’ Kenny Golladay, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ Chris Godwin and the Pittsburgh Steelers’ JuJu Smith-Schuster. As a free agent, Fuller would face stiff competition to land a big contract.

16. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Once Watson is traded and Fuller leaves this team is going to be 0-16 level bad. The defense was already league bottom and just lost Watt. Now the offense will lose its two best players. Watch the clown show trade Tunsil away for a 2nd and a 3rd just to get out of the contract for the rebuild.

TEXNIFICENT and conquistador#11 like this.
  17. conquistador#11

For what they paid for him, they didn't use him enough. Favorite play by duke was when he threw a behind the back block after the initial block to spree Watson for the 2pt conversion in the Buffalo comeback.

#537 conquistador#11, Feb 26, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
    UTSA2step likes this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

‘Nother genius move by Bob O’Brien.

19. conquistador#11

You've got to be kidding me. The most I'd pay is 2 million and give him the Metcalf (father) role. Strictly catches, maybe 4 carries a game. Get the cap space. But hey this is the player that was traded for the no culture fit Deandre

20. conquistador#11