1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The "I like ball movement" better than wins crowd is looking?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jiggyfly, Feb 25, 2021.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

The rockets culture and leadership are in good hands right now. The disrespect!!!

D-rock and Nook like this.
  2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I would really wait until the post-season if you want to serve crow, just a warning... but this is true. I'm not on the completely blaming Harden narrative but people saying heavy ISO can't win isn't some controversial opinion. It's one players and coaches have agreed with since the dawn of the sport.

I remember bringing this up and being told Kobe was just wrong here...

The funny thing...Harden agreed.
    https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...ic-scoring-streak-is-the-result-of-necessity/

So I don't get why the 'ball movement' side has to eat crow, there isn't much ball movement. Wall hogs the ball as much as he possibly can, EGO is EGO, that's how he scores, and Dipo is trying to play his way out of here. We did get a taste of that when Harden left though, the team played a lot more cohesive and more like a unit, I'm not sure what has happened since then other than the Wood injury but the team isn't even playing how they did when they first traded Harden. Wait, I remember, Wall wasn't playing those games and the ball actually moved around. You can literally see this in games where we come back while Wall is sitting or we at least look more competitive.

I don't think this is what anyone here wanted. Some guys ordered steaks, some ordered lobsters, and the Rockets served up a turd sandwich to everyone.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  3. riko

riko Member

Yep he has taken over the offense in a team that includes KD to become their offensive leader and MVP. But he ain’t a leader.

fckbandwagons and D-rock like this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This time, this very time, he isn't totally wrong.

And Vegas wouldn't let you bet because this is lopsided, at least not the whole college funds. :D

5. Mr. Space City

It was Harden's time to go. This franchise was going nowhere with or without him.

It's just weird seeing the main guys who would have 100 post in the game threads ******** on Harden, not post at all in the game threads lately.

They wanted Harden, Morey, and D'Antoni, gone to play "real" basketball. Now they got their wish, and now they don't wanna watch.

Now they're clamoring for a 20 year old with immaturity issues who plays exactly like the guy they hated, and hoping he can be even half as good as the guy they hated.

6. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Whom outside of James and CP were good playmakers that we could go to if one of them was off? PJ? Ariza? Clint? Luc? Gordon was the closest I guess. Having limited players around him was the issue. That is what I was saying.

The Cavs had ball and player movement and they also had capable helpers like JR Smith, Richard Jefferson, Tristan Thompson and Shumpert. Bron was the best player in the league, Kyrie was a top 7 player in the league and Love was a top 10. When you have those type of players you can afford to play more iso style ball because they can not only score but play make for others. We have not had that luxury here.

7. riko

riko Member

This would have merit if Harden had never shown he can play in a different system or style. In OKC he was infact one of the best off the ball movers in the nba as crazy as that sounds and he was the playmaker he is in Brooklyn. In his first season under MDA he was a playmaker genius like he is now Brooklyn!.

The three years with Paul and Westbrook he was told analytics shows ISO ball wins and to be fair had Paul not got injured probaly would have got us a ring..

Hardens is infact a very versatile genius. He can play in a variety of ways based on the composition of the roster and the teams needs. This is why he is the best combo guard probaly ever

#107 riko, Feb 25, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    fckbandwagons, D-rock and HP3 like this.
  8. juanm34

juanm34 Member

If only we could move the ball into the damm hoop!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yes. Yes there are.

Everytime a team loses in the playoffs, fingers get pointed every which way and every player has flaws, whether skill wise or mentally, and they gonna get pointed out when a team is sent home.

I remember lurking the sportstwo Blazers community they had the same discussions about him. I went there, searched for Dame, and there was a thread this week about how his defense holds the team back.

A quote...
    This one sound familiar.

10. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

they complaining about his shots and ISO's?

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'm not blaming Harden 100% for anything. Yes, he can play a different style, I think he's more than capable of doing so, but we're only talking about his Rocket years and in particular his years with MDA and CP3 since everyone I think agrees was the window to win.

12. riko

riko Member

And they took the most talented roster of all time to the brink.Had Paul not got injured they would have taken the Warriors down.

Combination of bad timing and luck in running into a mega super team and injuries screwed them

D-rock, HP3 and topfive like this.
  13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Blazer fans (some) HAAAAAAAATE Stotts, most (or a very vocal portion) been wanting him gone for years now. I think they believe Dame is just a product of Stott's offense since he's coached him for so long. But spend a week there or so you'll see they have issues with their team too.

I mean going there now there is a Fire Stotts Now thread from 2016...so yeah...

Spurstalk would seriously crap on Parker and Manu and basically anyone but Tim...but Spurstalk is a special place...probably not a good comparison.

But I tell you guys what, if the Nets don't win, one of those guys, KD/Harden/Irving going to be the brunt of the blame. This is just how it works.

14. topfive

topfive CF OG

[​IMG]

D-rock and HP3 like this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

and I just peeped that thread...no one in there calling him a fraud or some other nonsense, hating him excessively, and wanting him gone like we have here, and he hasn’t accomplished even half of what Harden did

DatRocketFan, D-rock and jiggyfly like this.
  16. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Tell it all.

MDA quit on the team plane after last season.
    Morey quit in the off-season after MDA.
    Westbrook quit & asked for trade after Morey and MDA were gone.
    Tllman then quit on the season by hiring a rookie HC & looked to save money than add talent.
    Harden begged out and asked for a trade after MDA, Morey & Westbrook were gone. When the Rockets wouldn't trade him, he sulked & quit.
    Cousins quit after he got tired of being a backup on a losing team.
    Now the team is in the midst of quitting now.

17. topfive

topfive CF OG

[​IMG]

HP3 likes this.
  18. Reeko

Reeko Member

Cavs were an ISO team. They used isolation basketball to beat GS and win the title.

so then our issue was lack of talent, not these limited players needing to get more involved in the offense

ISO ball was ready to win another title in 2018, but then a hammy got injured

Rockets only had the talent necessary to win a title in just 1 of Harden’s 8 years here

D-rock and ApacheWarrior like this.
  19. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

How many times are we going to pass before shooting?.........FOUR!

Just like the Warriors and Spurs did last season. And missed the playoffs.

D-rock likes this.
  20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I know it's frustrating. Imagine if we kept him.