1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr. Vipers Debut

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

14 assists is music to my ears when he's playing point for the first time in his career. That number should pop to alot of people.

DonKnock, saleem, Astrodome and 2 others like this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Ya he's executing those pocket passes that Harden was a master of.

I think Wood is going to really like Porter Jr. He's probably going to find more lob opportunities and pocket pass opportunities for Wood. I don't know what it is with Wall when he played with Wood but he just couldn't find Wood. Maybe it's because he is too short but then again he was decent at finding Gortat during his younger days in Washington.

3. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Wall has too much ego.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I mean those assist numbers would help Wall in terms of personal accomplishments. I just don't think he's seeing Wood.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

He's trying to single handedly "fix things" but he just isnt good enough anymore on his own to determine the outcome of a game. I just hope he doesnt stall the growth and progress of KPJ with jealousy once he hits the big club.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It cut off at the most interesting question though :/

10. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Wall was probably just trying to get his most of the time. With more practice and reps they would have figured it out. However, I think Wood was also trying to get his shot off as well. They were winning together, so that really didn't matter. They will eventually need to mold themselves into pnr partners. I saw Wall as playing too fast for pnr at least while on the Rockets. Maybe he was trying too hard to showcase his speed. PNR's sometimes needs to develop a little slower as they read the defenses.

glynch likes this.
  11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Thats gravity right there. Defense set on defending and he still does what he wants. Thats a beautiful slo mo shot.

saleem and D-rock like this.
  12. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

If you're watching Rockets games right now, and not watching The Viper's, you're doing it wrong! lol

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

RGV Vipers working on getting full interview.

JayGoogle and Deuce like this.
  14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince

for

Milwaukee Unprotected 1st and Kevin Porter Jr.

Rafael Stone >

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Porter trade had NOTHING to do with Harden trade, 2 separate transactions almost month apart.

That BS narrative needs to die.

16. treyk3

treyk3 Member

It literally had everything to do with it. Quit fighting it. Don't even respond denying it. You are wrong.

KPJ was traded because Prince took his locker and he had an outburst. He may have been in hot water but the trade wasn't imminent. They likely would have sent him to the G-League and his value would have sky rocketed if not for this. It was a move that they felt KPJ needed to get his life on track. The Cavs did him a huge service by sending him to Houston.

KPJ was traded to Houston specifically for 2 reasons. I promise you, every team in the NBA was willing to take this exact risk. Houston was chosen.

#1. The team had previously made a deal so there was familiarity.
    #2. Silas and Lucas spoke with JBB about their plan to ensure that KPJ got proper help.

Crashlanded19 and ipaman like this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Pure speculative BS.

Cavs did not owe Rockets jack, even if 2nd point was true it still has NOTHING to do with Harden trade and everything to do with JBB familiarity with Lucas.

Even without the Prince trade, Porter was already on thin ice with Cavs and Porter felt isolated, he was going to blow up regardless. The locker issue was just convenient.

Your take is far too simplistic and unrealistic. Life has layers and things are not as linear as you would love to believe.

19. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Ok. You've been on a hot streak lately. I'm going to take a few weeks from debating you. It's not speculative, it's what happened. You just want a narrative where Aaron Gordon is the best player in the NBA, Mo Bamba is a power forward and nothing was ever done right by the organization. I hate the Harden trade too. The KPJ move would not have happened WHEN it happened if not for the deal. Maybe later, maybe not.

20. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

this guy seems fantastic

why can't he join the team?