1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The "I like ball movement" better than wins crowd is looking?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jiggyfly, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Harden was a diva in Houston. It was HIS team. KD and LeBron both benefited by moving around often and not getting too comfortable with their surroundings.
    Harden isn't a leader. He is better off somewhere else where the burden is not squarely on his shoulders.

cheke64 likes this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

So then why are the Rockets still an ISO heavy, low ball movement team without Harden? I was told that getting rid of Harden would lead to a fun style of play with everyone sharing the ball and being happy. Oh wait...

D-rock and YOLO like this.
  3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I will say this, some of you Harden guys are kinda sensitive to me.

Nearly every post here now is about "This is what you wanted" and mentioning Harden in some vague way and then they'll tell YOU to move on when they've made the topic about him in the first place.

Like, of course the entire fanbase wasn't going to like Harden. So what? Not everyone liked Yao, not everyone liked Tmac, ****, we still have people going at Tmac TODAY. This is where the only fan moniker came from "YOF v TOF" fans of each superstar blamed the other player for holding the team back.

This is every fanbase for every sport, being a fan of a team doesn't mean everyone has to like your superstar, especially when the team has no rings to show for it of course there will be some people that don't love the guy. I remember going to a Yankees forum after the latest Astros humbling them and like half of the place HATED Judge. I know Patriot fans that were done with Tom.

Not everyone is going to treat the Harden era like it was the height of Rockets basketball because he didn't win a championship. Of course there were reasons for that and those can be debated, but acting like no one can ever criticize Harden is a bit much...and running victory laps right now trying to serve crow might not look well if Harden still doesn't win a championship. What you think's gonna be said about him then? "He couldn't win even with a superteam..."

fchowd0311 likes this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

but but but ball movement and culture was apparent not so long ago. There's threads and posts saying this team is better without harden. Now all of a sudden this isn't what is going on.

HP3 and Reeko like this.
  5. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

You're never getting anything but a mash unit from this ownership. Our drafting history is terrible, we have no significant tradable assets, no star worth wants to go here, our owner will never pony up for the talent we need.

D-rock, HP3 and Reeko like this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

so what player today isn't better off somewhere where the burden isn't squarely on their shoulders? what player can do it alone? I recall when Lebron had that burden he left, when KD had that burden he left, Curry has that burden now and hes barely sitting at the edge of the playoffs and has no chance at winning a title this year. kawhi had that burden and he couldn't even last that long, pouted and sat out then got traded to Toronto

#86 YOLO, Feb 25, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    D-rock, HP3, topfive and 3 others like this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

we really had a thread comparing this sorry team to the Larry Brown Pistons...

HP3, Nook and jiggyfly like this.
  8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Then why stay?

DD

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

What does this have to do with anything?

Where you a part of the ball movement crowd?

10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Oh yeah I forgot about that one.

How ya'll liking that much needed "culture change" ?

11. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

After 3 years of crap we managed to swindle someone into giving us Harden and got 8 good years out of it. Who knows, we might luck out again.

HP3 likes this.
  12. DaDakota

Or, you are a Rockets fan - and will be no matter what.....

DD

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

LOL!

That's right, they were really pushing that narrative.

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

What's the ball movement crowd?

This entire back and fourth is a strawman because the people that wanted Harden gone simply didn't think he was capable of leading a team to a championship.

It also wasn't an opinion exclusive to this forum or to fans...in fact, Harden himself said it...

15. DaDakota

BTW - some of us were around when we tanked for Ralph and Hakeem....like 15 wins one year and 29 the next........unfortunately the worst team doesn't get the top pick all the time anymore.

DD

16. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

My personal favorite. The man a million times better than Harden showed what he thought of the Spurs' vaunted culture.

D-rock, jiggyfly and HP3 like this.
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

a lot of people wanted Harden gone out of pure hate...they’d been hating that man for years

it wasn’t just because he hadn’t delivered a title

I don’t see Blazers fans hating Dame and wanting him traded, and he has never come close to leading his team to a title.

acting like this franchise is just swimming in titles, and if u can’t win one here with these suspect rosters, you’re a loser bum who needs to go :rolleyes:

1 playoff series win in 15 years before Harden’s MVP season in 2015...1! But we got people acting choosey and wanting the Harden era to end because we were only getting 2nd round appearances and the occasional WCF appearance. Lmao, well look at what u got now. Don’t worry, maybe in 7-10 years, we’ll get back to being a team that can consistently win 50+ games and make noise in the playoffs.

18. riko

riko Member

In Brooklyn he is showing his full arsenal offensive genius. People keep forgetting he was forced to play like that to cover the gaps on the roster

D-rock, YOLO and Nook like this.
  19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Our most talented iso player is playing in the g-league btw.

20. Nook

Nook Member

It sure seems like he is leading Brooklyn to me.... he is doing whatever is needed.

Also let me know when Jordan or Magic or Bird or LeBron when without out other great players.

D-rock, HP3 and YOLO like this.