1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

The "I like ball movement" better than wins crowd is looking?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jiggyfly, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Yes he did and I loved watching him try to get us back there. Dont take me for a Harden hater, I am not. All I am saying is, to get over the hump we did need more players involved in the offense. It is not his fault though that all he had were mostly one-dimensional players around him for all of those years. Was that because other players didn't want to play with him seeing that style? Was it the GM/Owner just didnt go get the right pieces? Whatever the case, iso ball has never won a title! BUT in order to play the other way you do need more capable players to make it really work. Let's see if they can get those pieces during this rebuild.

DaDakota likes this.
  2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I can hit your comment back at u. Everyone moves on differently. while we have posters that deluded themselves into thinking team ball movement is better than iso ball (to move on from harden). Our way of coping or mine is calling out the BS.

U can bet your ass if Harden wins a ring with the net, there will b a thread calling out all u anti harden fans pretending that harden was the reason y we never win a ring.

D-rock likes this.
  3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I actually agree that there was never really any great ball movement either, which makes the fact that they were claiming this was somehow better to watch that much more ridiculous.

It's definitely time for the them to eat crow, especially if they stopped watching all together.

D-rock and HP3 like this.
  4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Team ball has won a championship, several - Iso, not so much.

Even the great Hakeem needed to embrace team ball he was too much ISO until he got wacked in the eye by Cartwright and the team won without him.

He came back a new man and was a much more willing passer - and the team took off.

Now, Harden passed, but mostly to 3pt shooting players, which is percentage wise a better shot, but it is also prone to longer dry spells, and that is what happened 0-27, and it has happened a few times......

Harden is an amazing basketball player, who would have thrived if the org didn't cater to his whims, he needed someone like Pop to coach him and take that talent to where it needs to be.

Even now he is enabled in Brooklyn, and you have 3 disparate star players - with little discipline.....what do you think the chances of them winning a ring REALLY are....?????

DD

ipaman likes this.
  5. sydmill

sydmill Member

I disagree. I think Tomball would have had no problem playing with James. If they were winning, which they almost surely would have been, I think Butler looks past some of James' less admirable qualities.

HP3, BamBam and jiggyfly like this.
  6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

That's the joke.

HP3 likes this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

they were so sure “beautiful ball movement” would finally arrive..all that needed to be done was to get rid of Harden

well look what they got now...enjoy

D-rock, HP3, topfive and 1 other person like this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

is that why Butler showed interest in playing with harden that summer? makes sense

9. sydmill

sydmill Member

Wasnt that the 90's Rockets entire offense? Throw it down to Hakeem and let him go to work?

D-rock and Rocket River like this.
  10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Nope, it was focused on the block, but it changed...read my above post.....

DD

11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Add a 3rd star like what they were trying to do?

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

[​IMG]

Deuce, D-rock, HP3 and 1 other person like this.
  13. sydmill

sydmill Member

Sorry didnt see the first post.

14. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

lol. U think too much black and white. Isoball isn't literally one man carrying doing all the heavy lifting. No man has ever won a ring scoring alone, he has a team. But he is the main focal point. Team ball is basically everyone scoring evenly or what not.

Harden, durant and Irving are all great iso players, but there is also team ball involved. it's a mixture.

We have folks on here saying outright saying ahhhhh yes i love team ball so much even if we are losing I rather have that than a superstar who can lead us to victory.

Just a pile of manure.

curious is nets ball team ball or isoball to u?

15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Can you elaborate on this because it's something that is not talked about enough.

16. riko

riko Member

Is harden playing iso ball in Brooklyn? are they wining?

D-rock likes this.
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

no, to get over the hump, what we needed was CP3 not blowing his hammy

Was more people getting involved supposed to beat GS? U yourself said that he had mostly 1-dimensional players around him. Why should we want limited players trying to do more? We see what that looks like with this bottom 3 offense we have right now.

Cavs played ISO ball in 2016 and won a title....their whole strategy was ISO-Kyrie and ISO-Bron with 3 point shooters

D-rock, HP3, jiggyfly and 2 others like this.
  18. riko

riko Member

See if you put a capable team around him like in Brooklyn he is a masterful playmaker and team ball player who elevates his teammates beyond anyone in the nba! Maybe he had to play iso ball to covet the glaring stains on the roster.

#78 riko, Feb 25, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    D-rock likes this.
  19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

We are playing a mash unit out there that has almost no chemistry but keep cackling like a proud bird.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Ball movement is a small component.

Harden was just the best ISO guy or on par with Durant and Co.

But not everyone is.