1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The "I like ball movement" better than wins crowd is looking?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jiggyfly, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Nook

Nook Member

You know I love you DaDakota but you are wrong like 95% of the time.

Do you ever consider that when it comes to Rockets basketball you are ALWAYS wrong, and maybe you should say the exact OPPOSITE of what you are thinking?

I have been very tempted to bet large sums of money on the exact opposite of what you post. I figure I could pay my son's future college and maybe give some to a charity.

fckbandwagons, Deuce, D-rock and 6 others like this.
  2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I'm fine with those that like watching ball movement over iso (it's a matter of preference), but when u use it to wrongly criticize a player every fking year when we were winning, then now give up on the team cause this ball movement that u been raving about isn't good enough and we are sht, then u r just a hypocrite.

like who says i would rather watch us lose w/ "beautiful ball movement" over iso ball as a way to sht on harden then just to state I stopped watching cause we are now sht. like dude, isn't that what u wanted?

fckbandwagons, D-rock, HP3 and 6 others like this.
  3. riko

riko Member

Who got this team to the finals after Olajuwon? He got us farther since the dream.

D-rock likes this.
  4. dmoneybangbang

You'd have to be missing a chromosome to not understand Harden was tired of doing everything. You'd have to be missing two chromosome to think ball movement and getting past the Western conference semifinals are mutually exclusive.

Some folks are so scorned, they'd rather watch an uninspired Harden lead a rockets team to a maddening first round loss.

topfive, Rocket River and Nook like this.
  5. dmoneybangbang

No.

Too many chromosome-less posters thought it was a black and white thing.

Nook likes this.
  6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

HP3 and Nook like this.
  7. riko

riko Member

It’s just bad. It’s not tanking. There just bad . They beat a bunch of bad teams that fooled people into a false sense of security.

HP3, topfive and YOLO like this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

False.

Tilman Fertitta wanted Chris Paul gone. He bad mouthed him around the league complaining that he was injury prone and it was the worst contract in the league.

Tilman Fertitta got on national television and said he was the one that insisted on completing the Westbrook trade.

There is also the fact that Harden and Morey were trying to add Butler TO Paul that some off season.

It is odd that you insist on blaming the only thing (Harden) that made the Rockets even remotely relevant.

The issue isn't and never was James Harden....... the former GM even said it.

Also the problems started before the Paul trade, they started when the owner told the GM to replace Ariza with guys making the minimum, he didn't go into the tax, he sat on his ass concerning the Green/Templeton deal until they were dealt elsewhere.

James Harden is gone.... and yet these same problems keep creeping up..... for example the handling of the DeMarcus Cousins release.

You would almost think that the owner hired a rookie GM and rookie head coach with how this is all playing out.

fckbandwagons, D-rock, Deuce and 4 others like this.
  9. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

LOL they weren't tanking last year. They contended last year but Tilman was hellbent on tanking this year.

so now you blame harden as GM, coach, and owner? LOL

fckbandwagons and D-rock like this.
  10. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

For the sake of discussion Chris Paul was in awful shape here. He took it easy having a lead dog in Harden. Load managed. It was startling to see him in OKC - healthy and looking great. He even looks in much better shape with PHX than he did here.

Everything I read had Jimmy Buckets not even giving Houston the time of day - did you hear some behind the scenes stuff maybe? James and Paul WANTING Jimmy B is one thing, but it takes three to tango - or something like that.

In the end I think Morey screwed the pooch by not finding knock down shooters to surround James with instead going the route of good defenders who could occasionally hit the 3.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

I can never get enough of fake news getting checked

fckbandwagons, D-rock, HP3 and 3 others like this.
  12. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

@fchowd0311 is a lowry and lin only fan he'll always blame harden for everything bad which happens to the rockets

but never give him credit for anything good

13. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets were confident that they had a very good chance of getting Jimmy Butler.

Harden worked out with him a lot during the summer and Houston was one of only 2 teams he scheduled a meeting with.

Butler was in communication with the Rockets until he met with the Heat and then stopped making communication with the Rockets.

There are numerous articles about it..... both McMahon (who is close to Tilman) and Feigen wrote about it.

Brian Windhorst and Woj have spoken about it.

14. denniscd

denniscd Contributing Member

The interesting thing is there is no more ball movement, player movement now than when Harden was here. There is still a heavy reliance on isolations. Same style, lesser players. But dont discount Woods injury and the legitimate threat he was.

15. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I would say the team did a fair attempt to get Harden help. Blah blah blah cake and eat it too.

"I want help but I still want my stats and do everything they way i like to do it". All superstars have egos. If Harden wanted help so bad, he should have given up some of his shares. This isn't my opinion, this is every star that played with Harden in Houston. If Harden didnt quit on the team, I would be more sympathetic.

16. riko

riko Member

Actually stats show there is less passes and ball movement per basket

17. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Its largely irrelevant. Even if the Rockets scored Butler, he would have hated playing with JH.

18. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

debatable. JH assimilated quite nicely with KD and irving, why can't he work alongside Butler?

Honestly over 8 years with us Harden has dramatically raise the roof/has team synergy with every player.

I think the only problem or beef he had with was like ty lawson and dwight. (could b wrong).

Harden haters like to slander harden as a diva, and yea how he got out of houston was wrong. I honestly think he is one of easiest player to play with if u r competent at the game. He literally makes everyone look better.

19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So stopping watching is not quitting?

Whatever helps you make it through the night.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I am wrong about as often as anyone else - but people always focus on that, instead of when people are right and I post so much that it becomes sort of a meme....doesn't bother me, I know the truth.

Harden quit, he flat out QUIT after the organization bent over backwards to do his bidding.

He was not staying here, why are some people pining for a guy who left? He is gone, he ain't coming back and he did the team dirty by not honoring his contract.

He is a man of low character - we were NEVER winning with him as the leader

Time for us to move on - he did.

DD