1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The "I like ball movement" better than wins crowd is looking?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jiggyfly, Feb 25, 2021.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

And so did a lot of the "I like ball movement" better crowd.

lakersuck2, Loneyroy7, Reeko and 2 others like this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Wait...

There is ball movement?

It's the same iso stand around offense with just much less talented iso players in Wall and Olidipo doing the isos.

3. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

If you guys don't like what you see on the court, you just don't like Houston Rockets basketball. This is the new us. New blue uniform, new coach, new star, new cast, new GM, same great owner... baby blue is now the new ketchup and mustard and I still love it. Just find it in your hearts to embrace this beautiful team. New you!

4. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

this team is tanking. The team that rattled off 6 in a row hasn't played together since the streak.

You've got high quality young talent in the G league and in C.Wood. You've got a couple solid role players. Get out from under Oladipo's contract. Be in the top 4 and let wood sit. Add more talent to the team and be a good squad next year. Doesn't seem too complicated. The rest of this season has nothing to do with ball movement - it has to do with draft pick movement.

5. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I was/am part of the ball movement crowd. I enjoy seeing multiple players being fully involved in every game and not just standing around the three point line. I wanted the team to try to play as a unit and see exactly what we have on our team, but after awhile I figured out that they we’re not playing to win but rather to lose! Like I already said, this team is not close to being a championship team, but what they’re doing on the floor is fake news!

I’m officially on the tank brigade!! I hate watching them lose, but I’m not jumping off the wagon!!

Go Rockets!!!

sydmill and jiggyfly like this.
  6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I have no issue if you did not like the Rockets particular style over the last several years but saying you like style over wins was just a bridge too far, especially now that since we are not winning you are not watching.

BamBam likes this.
  7. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

"I like ball movement" trying to get used to "I like Player movement"

8. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

To be fair to the ball movement crowd...they still aren't getting what they wanted. It's not like we're out there running the Kerr/Warriors offense and producing no results. We still have no ball or player movement with tons of ISO. We just don't have any talent left. Acting like it's time for them to eat crow doesn't make a whole lot of sense here.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

That's not what threads like this say

https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/rockets-play-better-without-harden.303436/

lakersuck2, D-rock, clos4life and 2 others like this.
  10. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

It's not quitting, it's dealing with loss. Everyone does it differently. Some are glass half full, others remove themselves, others like yourself never move on.

11. Juxtaposed Jolt

dw they'll be back on CF the next time this team wins a game.

You know. In 2022.

Mr Chuck Norris, clos4life and Reeko like this.
  12. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

Nah, the owner failed. We were obviously one piece away for 3 years and he never paid the LT. There's no better reason to pay a bit more than your team knocking on the doors of the NBA Finals.

Harden clearly could not carry this team to a title alone. He needed to be paired with players who could take over the offense at an elite level for significant stretches, just like Lebron and Durant for every single title they won. When we gave him that for one season (2017-2018, Paul) he brought the most talented team in history to its knees... until that sidekick got injured.

Harden had to get himself out of here. I don't fault him for it. Life is short and a career is even shorter. This team wasn't going to trade him if he was chill about it. They would have wasted at least a half season of the rest of his career. Tilman has to be remembered for screwing up an easy title opportunity that we waited 20 years for and being such a horrid owner that he IN THE SAME OFFSEASON made:

- the Coach walked away willing to become an Assistant coach of Harden elsewhere,
    - the GM lied to get out and joined another team with 0 remorse and
    - the Franchise player did whatever Silas wanted but could not keep playing 100% for an organization saying crazy sh*t to the media like they are "willing to get uncomfortable with Harden situation".

Ridiculously classless ownership.

Glad we got a good return and glad Harden is with a team as talented as needed for a title.

#32 Mathloom, Feb 25, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
  13. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

you mean quote people here who didn't do nothing but complain about harden?

D-rock likes this.
  14. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Tilman tanked

Harden didn't want none of that

D-rock likes this.
  15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Harden wanted CP3 gone. That is what started this current trend towards tanking.

What do you think he ment when he said in the post game presser after elimination "I know exactly what we need to do".

16. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Of course we are not going to do a lot of wining with this current roster, regardless of the style of play. I mean you have to be honest about that part too. I really liked James and his game, but he never won a title with it, NOBODY ever has. What's the goal? To win a title or just watch a guy put up great stats? I always felt like we were always 1 piece away from a title. We never got him a real PF that could create his own shot to help during those times when the 3s were not falling or James was being double teamed. We needed a playmaker that played around the paint.

We didnt run James off because we wanted to play a different style, HE wanted to leave! After we made multiple major trades to appease him... It is what it is. He had his time here and it was great and exciting, but he never got us to the Finals. He has the help he needs in New Jersey now.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

bingo. The ones who quit were guys like Tilman who refused to build a team around Harden even after being gifted a 65 win wcf team.

D-rock and vlaurelio like this.
  18. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Lol, that's fair. Some people see what they want to see. But those are more in the "Harden hater" camp than the "beautiful basketball" camp. Either way the reality is the rockets are near the bottom of player movement and ball movement, as well as mid range. So the dudes clamoring for all these things still aren't getting what they wanted.

JayGoogle and jiggyfly like this.
  19. riko

riko Member

Funny stats show there was more ball movement under harden and MDA

D-rock, topfive and Nook like this.
  20. YOLO

YOLO Member

The dudes clamoring for all these things will never get what they wanted if the standard is Kerr/Warriors. you're never going to duplicate that system.

so yeah again, this is what folks wanted. Harden gone. Threads like that being created. Then when the losing that was going to happen starts, people are going to begin to eat some crow. this is nothing compared to whats to come