1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Poorly Coached Team!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

I think Silas gets fired by end of season. No excuses against the very weak teams we’re playing. He got outcoached by JB Bickerstaff...need I say more. He always gets outcoached at halftime as we usually get beat handily in the third quarter. The Cleveland announcers repeatedly kept knocking Silas’ coaching by talking about the stupidity of the smallball he likes to play and couldn’t believe the lack of plays in our offense. It was mentioned about nine times that we’re easy to defend because almost every play is a player going one on one and ignoring his four other teammates. That’s on coaching....not Wall, Gordon, House or others. The buck stops there. The announcer said that our defenders other than Nwaba and Tate aren’t very tough and easy to score on with no size. They said the 6’4” Tate told them he never dreamed at Ohio State (where he never played center) that he would someday be playing center in the NBA. Disgraceful!!!

ramotadab, Velcromium, vator and 2 others like this.
  2. BigBum

BigBum Member

Mr Bickerstaff is no longer the worst coach in the nba. He hold Wolves and Rockets to under 100 points.
    Cavs are the 14th seed in East. Rockets are the 14th seed in West.

rebound
    Cavs 55
    Rockets 33

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

no money for t lue. Time for Jeff Van now

bmelo likes this.
  4. Jontro

Jontro Member

leaked message from tillmen from trusted sources:

[​IMG]

topfive, rockbox, Nook and 1 other person like this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

Man, who cares? We’re tanking, so AFAIC, keep it up Silas, you’re doing great.

newsflash...this is what tanking looks like

u will see 10+ game losing streaks and get blown out often...all the people who wanted Harden gone should be loving what they’re seeing...they finally got what they want

What did u think was gonna happen when u trade an MVP caliber player and get nothing but useless players and future picks in return?

6. hakeemthagreat

So what were your expectations of a team rebuilding?

7. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

We’re low-key tanking dude. Tucker is 431/471 in advanced stats. No one is motivated to win. Tillman needs a spending reprieve. We’re definitely going for all those rookie contracts... we already have baby harden... hopefully he grows to be his own man. Insert KPJr. with fro and beard.

8. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I tend to agree that Silas looks in over his head right now and it’s getting harder to defend him, but he’s working with a really weak group at the moment. Having said that, they’re playing like ****, and ultimately that’s on Silas. He’s blowing the chance he waited his whole life for, and I hate that for him. If they were even competitive in these games I’d happily give him a pass, but some of these guys seem to barely even be trying.

napalm06 likes this.
  9. csc177

csc177 Member

We’re tanking, get used to this.

10. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Silas is looking out for your best interest. He wants to put Cade Cunningham on your favorite team.

vjohnson and BHannes2BHonest like this.
  11. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Fair question....my expectations were that we would lose a lot of games this year, but that a system would be in place where we played the right way and the players would buu into it. Instead Silas reverted back to smallball (without Harden and Westbrook which is the only way it can work in the real world) and the whoke game is one on one with players selfishly trying to “get their own” and not respect the gameplan. They don’t respect the coach and it shows big time. Not his fault as he is just a very nice guy who probably had a good gameplan but that niceness is being abused by his players. They are clearly out for themselves and we can’t even compete against the few teams worse than us talent wise. Don’t think he can’t be fired soon, as look at what ghe Cavs did to Lue a couple of years ago after he lost LeBron. Owners still (at some point) gotta have a semi-competitive team to put fans in the seats.

12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Why would the players buy into a system when there's nothing to play for and no consequence to losing. Dipo, Tucker and Gordon knows they are most likely gone in a month. House was brought in to play with Harden, and he always been a dumb player.

The only players that have something to prove are Wood and Tate

Sanctity likes this.
  13. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Really? Everyone is hurt in one way or another, no consistent lineup, and no Cwood (if we had his 20/10 every night we would be competitive). See Wining streak.

Denovo likes this.
  14. gotsis

gotsis Member

We lost an MVP, had a massive amount of injuries and a weak roster with no continuity.

And as others said, most of the veterans will probably get traded by the deadline. Silas really doesn't have much of a chance to make this work properly.

Rocket River likes this.
  15. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

This is being dictated by higher ups. Patrick Fertita and Tilman.....Silas likes to use PnR with taller players.
    As in Dallas. Better screen setters.

Porzingis is on the trading block I hear, Guess Tilman won’t pull the trigger on that though.

Silas was hired to be a puppet coach and he is being forced to do so for the time being.

This offseason he will draft accordingly to his system and try to bring in free agents that fit as well.

We’ve gone back to small ball to tank; not to win!

hakeem94 and burlesk like this.
  16. csc177

csc177 Member

Yeah definitely agree with the point that Dipo and Tucker (not sure about Gordon) are just biding their time. Wont be here after the deadline.

I'm ready for the young guns: Jones, KPJ, KJ, Wood, and Tate to play a lot in the second half of the season!. I'm worried Mr. self-proclaimed Franchise player, J. Wall will obstruct that progress.

17. sydmill

sydmill Member

I dont think anyone can really form a fair opinion about Silas based on this season. Red Auerbach and Phil Jackson would have problems winning with the (healthy) talent on this squad. Add in the other factors and well, its a mess. Myself, I like Silas. I think having a, comparatively, young African American coach is probably a selling point to some players. I think that there has to be something to Silas' abilities as he has been kept around by some very respected coaches and executives in the NBA. Finally, if we are in fact tanking, then I dont think you can pin that on Silas. Give him an offseason to re-tool the roster and prepare for a James Hardenless and Russell Westbrookless roster and if the team sucks next season then you fire him. Now: No.

Denovo likes this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets went from a very successful and veteran GM and Head coach, with an all time great in James Harden and a Hall of Famer in Russell Westbrook.... and they lost their top Assistant GM and their top scout....... to a rookie head coach, a rookie GM, I don't think they even replaced the scout; and their best players are now a 25 year old talented player that is just now maturing and a often injured point guard that read too many articles praising him in high school and at Kentucky.

19. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Silas praised getting bigger. Now the team wants to go smaller. It’s the management.

PLUS, we are trying to lose. This is the goal. Think opposite of how you have the last few years. We are going to try and keep our pick this year (top 4).

burlesk likes this.
  20. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Coaching might or might not be bad, but this roster without Wood is one of the 3-5 worst collections of talent in the league. Even with him healthy it’s not a whole lot better.